Re: Rising From The Ashes

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
      Another fine offering by Frank Hicks, the man has a talent for writing.

      And how about a round of applause for Randy, not only for leading the
      efforts on these cars,, but also, who else among us has the courage to
      allow those types of photos that show us aging over the years !

      All kidding aside, it's not just a good restoration tale, it's a really
      nice "family" tribute. You just don't see very much of that anymore.
    • rpcosyn
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
        --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, "thegreatthirdrail" <thegreatthirdrail@...> wrote:

        > Another fine offering by Frank Hicks, the man has a talent for writing.
        >
        > And how about a round of applause for Randy, not only for leading the
        > efforts on these cars,, but also, who else among us has the courage to
        > allow those types of photos that show us aging over the years !
        >
        > All kidding aside, it's not just a good restoration tale, it's a really
        > nice "family" tribute. You just don't see very much of that anymore.

        Frank and Randy have done a fabulous job of keeping the image of our favorite railroad alive
        through their restoration efforts. To ride , see and photograph these cars in the rural setting
        of Northern Illinois is a true pleasure made possible by their hard work and determination.
        They are to be congratulated many times over.
      • glen brewer
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
          Quite right! Their dedication and hard work are a gift to us all.

          Oh, and I like the title of their web site too: The Hicks Car Works, a
          perfect title
          http://hickscarworks.blogspot.com/

          Glen Brewer

          Remembering the 'Ror'n' Elgin
          http://www.railroadphotoessays.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748

          --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, "rpcosyn" <ray.cosyn@...> wrote:

          > --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, "thegreatthirdrail"
          <thegreatthirdrail@> wrote:

          > > Another fine offering by Frank Hicks, the man has a talent for
          writing.

          > > And how about a round of applause for Randy, not only for leading the
          > > efforts on these cars,, but also, who else among us has the
          courage to
          > > allow those types of photos that show us aging over the years !
          > >
          > > All kidding aside, it's not just a good restoration tale, it's a
          really
          > > nice "family" tribute. You just don't see very much of that anymore.
          > >
          > Frank and Randy have done a fabulous job of keeping the image of
          our favorite railroad alive
          > through their restoration efforts. To ride , see and photograph
          these cars in the rural setting
          > of Northern Illinois is a true pleasure made possible by their hard
          work and determination.
          > They are to be congratulated many times over.

        • Randall Hicks
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
            --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, "glen brewer" <gbrewer@...>
            wrote:

            > Quite right! Their dedication and hard work are a gift to us all.

            Thanks for all the kind comments! We'll consider ourselves repaid if
            you can talk your families, friends, and neighbors into visiting IRM.
            The 308-309 will not be running during August, due mostly to Thomas,
            but they will operate the first three weekends in September. Of
            course, Thomas in itself is a great opportunity to introduce any
            families with little children you know to railroading!