RE: [thegreatthirdrail] Re: Trolleyville - Lake Shore Electric Rwy

  • tom leaton
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 20, 2008
      Ray-  I'd wait to see what kind of operating museum the Cleveland folks can assemble.  They are real traction fans and may be able to provide the kind of running environment that no one in Illinois can.  Gerald Brookins did a fine thing by preserving as much CA&E/AEFRE equipment as he did, I think

      cheers

      To: thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: ray.cosyn@...
      Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 13:30:21 -0700
      Subject: RE: [thegreatthirdrail] Re: Trolleyville - Lake Shore Electric Rwy

      I appreciate the efforts of Trolleyville to keep the collection together, safe and sound. However, being a native Chicagoan and member of the IRM, is there any chance in the future that one of the 450s might make it to the IRM, close to  its original home? Cleveland may be a great place but there is no place like home.
      Message 33 of 33 , May 26, 2008
        Good to hear some news from Cleveland here. I occasionally try to find out stuff about
        that collection and have had only minimal success. The website was updated almost two
        years ago.

        I like these blurry photos from that site:
        http://www.lsery.org/images/A-460atRTA.jpg
        http://www.lsery.org/images/A-351and460onbridge.jpg
        http://www.lsery.org/images/A-460atShop.jpg

        I sent an email through the website some months back, wondering if the "LSE" group was
        interested in preserving an actual LSE car. There is one car, #14 I think, which was still
        around on a farm south of Cleveland. It had been built into a barn and was in fairly good
        condition about 4 years ago. Someone posted photos of it on RYPN and I followed up with
        Chippewa Lake, but they are too extended to consider it. However, it might make sense
        for the Cleveland group.

        I wish them great success. We could use some success stories in Ohio/Michigan/Indiana.
        O. Anderson