Steve Hyett brings his CA&E show back to Elmhurst

  • riispark99
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2008
      Historian Steve Hyett will bring his multi-projector slide show back to
      Elmhurst on Tues April 29 at 7pm. I've seen Steve's show and it is
      fantastic! He was thousands of pictures of the CA&E and is one of the
      most authorative speakers on the railroad that I ever heard.

      You need to register for this show as seating is limited and the demand
      is great. The time I saw this presentation there was an overflow crowd
      and it was in the afternoon.

      The show is at the new Elmhurst library and you can call at 630-279-
      8696 or in person at the Library. I'm not sure if you need an Elmhurst
      card to register or not.
    • Lee Wells
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2008
        Again, if anyone should be able to attend this presentation, there are several of us who would be willing to pay for a DVD of the show, or other digital pictures of his presentation. I believe that several have commented on how excellent his presentation is, and how those of us in other states don't have access....

        L. Wells
        Woodbury, Mn.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2008

          I live in California and as convenient as Jet Blue is attending the presentation is still a little difficult for me. I for one would be very interested in a DVD of the show. If the slides were properly scanned and put into a show with Steve’s narration this would be even better. I would think that IRM. Book stores, other museums as well as mail order sales would make for a profitable venture for Steve and the producer. I would be happy to pay $20.00 plus for this show.

          Please keep me up-dated if this becomes real.

          Thanks

          Alan

[...]

            900 North Kingsbury St. #1000
            Chicago, Illinois
            60610
            P: 1.312.321.0504
            F: 1.312.321.0512

          • Ray Cosyn
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6, 2008
              If a DVD cannot be cut perhaps a internet broadcast would be more doable given the costs associated with cutting and distributing a DVD.

              Ray Cosyn
              Saratoga, Ca.