GreatThirdRail.org is looking for pictures!

  • Don Bosan-Bruno
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2008
      Some time ago it was requested that I post a "wish list" for
      GreatThirdRail.org. Alas, I am yet to post such a list. (As it stands
      right now that list would be far too long!) But for now I can say
      part of that list is photos. This is a rather obvious one, but until
      very recently I didn't have any specific size and resolution in mind
      to really ask for pictures. I am doing so now!

      So here it is. I'm looking for pictures of the Roarin' Elgin in Jpeg
      format at a size preferably about 1024 by 768 pixels at 72dpi. In the
      lower corners of the photo we'll stamp credits (Photo by X, from the
      collection of Y) and "GreatThirdRail.org" to help protect against any
      possible theft. (Unless of course you don't anything added to your
      image, which is fine. Just remember to tell me if this is the case!)

      The beginnings of the rolling stock section should be along soon and
      in it will be photo galleries for each series of car. (With your help
      that is!) Stations and branches are already underway. (A history for
      Wheaton is already up but still needs pictures.) So no, this is not
      just limited to trains. We're lookin' for just about everything.

      Thanks,
      Don Bosan-Bruno: GreatThirdRail.org Administrator

      P.S.
      Should have said this sooner...
      Email those pictures to "GreatThirdRail_org@..."
    • Ray Cosyn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2008
        Don, I have a few that I took as a teenager. They are in slide form so will need to be scanned. It may take a while to get this done, so hold on. I appreciate your efforts at building the site and want to help where possible.
[...]

        Email those pictures to "GreatThirdRail_ org@yahoo. com"

      • Don Bosan-Bruno
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2008
          Just wanted to say thanks for the appreication. Emails have dropped
          off lately, and with that in mind, its hard to jugge people's
          reaction to the site. Maybe this is because we aren't on page 1 of
          Google (the most used search engine) and new people aren't
          discovering it. Looking into the methods which Google employs to
          determine search results, it seems that links both to and from the
          site count a great deal. I get the feeling that links from both the
          Shore Line and CERA websites would help a lot, but so far CERA hasn't
          responded to my email. :p

          Patience is something that's coming in handy for me on this project
          so take all the necessarry time that you need. I'll be here.

          Oh, and in response to a question that I saw that you posted in the
          North Shore Line group, The Car Works makes (or made) CA&E 450-series
          cars in O scale in brass. I've managed to get my greedly little hands
          on two of them so they're at least out there.

          --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Cosyn" <ray.cosyn@...>
          wrote:

          > Don, I have a few that I took as a teenager. They are in slide form
          so will
          > need to be scanned. It may take a while to get this done, so hold
          on. I
          > appreciate your efforts at building the site and want to help where
          > possible.
          Bruno