Re: [thegreatthirdrail] Re: This Sunday / Villa Park

  • c.burnstein
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 16, 2007
      Alan has a great idea. I second the motion.

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 17, 2007
        Count me in on this DVD idea!!!  Thanks!  Steve.

        To: thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com

        I saw Steve's show last year in Elmhurst. He has some incredible
        slides and stories. The show was packed and they had to have two
        showings to accommodate everyone. Don't miss this and come early.

        Ken

        --- In thegreatthirdrail@ yahoogroups. com, "mi0ke" <mi0ke@...> wrote:

        > I pulled this off of the Daily Herald website for all who are
        interested.

        > Railroad historian coming to museum
        > Railroad historian Steve Hyett will lead a program titled "When
        Trolleys Rode the Prairie Path"
        > at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Villa Park Historical Museum, 220 S. Villa
        Ave. The slide show and
        > lecture will commemorate the 50th anniversary of the end of
        passenger service on the
        > Chicago, Aurora and Elgin Railroad. For details, call (630) 941-
        0223.

      • Don Bosan-Bruno
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 17, 2007
          I was at the slide show on Sunday and one of things that was brought
          up was the idea of taping his shows. He says he doesn't do it it
          because apparently all of his shows are different and he wants them
          to be that way. Each one its own experience. However I don't think
          he'd be resistant to the idea of someone else taping one of his
          shows. (Just keep in mind that he tailors each show to the audience.)

          --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Fishel" <afishel@...>
          wrote:

          > Again for all of us CA&E fans from around the world. Is there a
          chance of
          > this show being recorded and made available for a fee so that we
          who could
          > not make Steve's show will be able to enjoy his work?
          >
          > Even better yet could the slides be scanned and made into a high
          quality
          > show with Steve narrating the presentation.
          >
          > I and others would be happy to pay from $10.00 to $20.00 for a DVD
          depending
          > on the quality and length.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Alan

        • Mike Clancy
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 18, 2007
            I was at the show too but wasn't there for more than 2
            minutes before my 1 year old started screaming so I
            had to leave. I would be interested in any CD slide
            presentation that might be offered for sale.

            --- Don Bosan-Bruno <greatthirdrail_org@...>

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Frank
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 18, 2007
              Ditto. Since I was born after the CA&E quit running, the slides,
              videos, and DVDs have to substitute for any first hand memories. I
              would gladly purchase whatever Steve would be willing to put
              together. I had contacted the Elmhurst Historical Society last year
              when he gave a similar program that I could not attend, but they did
              not tape it.

              Frank
              Atlanta, GA

              --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, Mike Clancy <mi0ke@...>
              wrote:

              > I was at the show too but wasn't there for more than 2
              > minutes before my 1 year old started screaming so I
              > had to leave. I would be interested in any CD slide
              > presentation that might be offered for sale.

            • Lee Wells
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 18, 2007
                Ditto for me. I actually grew up less than a block from the Villa Ave station, but alas I'm in another state, now, and cannot attend his presentations. Maybe someone at one of his "shows" could convey how much of an interest there is in this group for his expertise and pictures.

                Lee
                Woodbury, Minnesota

                wrote:

                > I was at the show too but wasn't there for more than 2
                > minutes before my 1 year old started screaming so I
                > had to leave. I would be interested in any CD slide
                > presentation that might be offered for sale.

              • Alan Fishel
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 24, 2007

                  Since the show was not taped and Steve does tailor his show for his audiences may be under the sponsorship of the IRM he could pt together a larger show including many of his collection and have the slides scanned and put into a power point presentation or something similar and his narration and even music could be added for a good say $19.95 hour long video that IRM could sell. This could be a win-win for all. Does anyone in this group know Steve or someone at IRM who works with fund raising and sale of items at the IRM store?

                  As said there is an interest and market for Steve’s works. It can be profitable for Steve and the IRM or another “sponsor sales group”  where the profits can be divided and the rest of us can have a little bit of the CA&E.

                  Thanks

                  Alan Fishel

                  Long Beach CA

                  wrote:

                  > I was at the show too but wasn't there for more than 2
                  > minutes before my 1 year old started screaming so I
                  > had to leave. I would be interested in any CD slide
                  > presentation that might be offered for sale.

                • JD
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 24, 2007
                    At IRM, I would suggest contacting Nick Kallas,
                    (general manager), Jennifer Kolanowski (retail
                    manager) Jeff Obarek (deeply involved in restoration
                    of CA&E 431), or Frank and Randy Hicks (keepers of the
                    3 CA&E wood cars).

                    Jeff Delhaye