Re: Digest Number 307

  • mikebennidict
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      Wait a minute.

      I have that tape and it ends at Forest Park. Unless you're talking
      about an entirely different video.

      --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, Tom Kaufman <elmer53@...>
      wrote:

      > If you buy a current version of the Sunday River CA&E tape, there
      is an additional segment of CTA footage that starts out with the Lake
      Street L from Oak Park to Chicago. Then the scene changes and the
      train is a L train running from Wells Street to Forest Park/Des
      Plaines Avenue, after the realignment and cutback from one seat ride
      to the loop in September of 1953. Don't recall how complete it is,
      but they do show several shots of the Congresss Street construction
      and how the tracks of both the former CA&E, and the B&OCT looked
      prior to the final constructuin. Tom Kaufman

      someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

    • twtrains@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
        There is a new version. It does show the Lake St el into Chicago and the elevated operation from the Wells St bridge west to Oak park. I do have it. Tom