Re: [thegreatthirdrail] Digest Number 307

  • Tom Kaufman
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      If you buy a current version of the Sunday River CA&E tape, there is an additional segment of CTA footage that starts out with the Lake Street L from Oak Park to Chicago. Then the scene changes and the train is a L train running from Wells Street to Forest Park/Des Plaines Avenue, after the realignment and cutback from one seat ride to the loop in September of 1953. Don't recall how complete it is, but they do show several shots of the Congresss Street construction and how the tracks of both the former CA&E, and the B&OCT looked prior to the final constructuin. Tom Kaufman

    • mikebennidict
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
        Wait a minute.

        I have that tape and it ends at Forest Park. Unless you're talking
        about an entirely different video.

        --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, Tom Kaufman <elmer53@...>
        wrote:

        > If you buy a current version of the Sunday River CA&E tape, there
        is an additional segment of CTA footage that starts out with the Lake
        Street L from Oak Park to Chicago. Then the scene changes and the
        train is a L train running from Wells Street to Forest Park/Des
        Plaines Avenue, after the realignment and cutback from one seat ride
        to the loop in September of 1953. Don't recall how complete it is,
        but they do show several shots of the Congresss Street construction
        and how the tracks of both the former CA&E, and the B&OCT looked
        prior to the final constructuin. Tom Kaufman

        someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      • twtrains@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
          There is a new version. It does show the Lake St el into Chicago and the elevated operation from the Wells St bridge west to Oak park. I do have it. Tom