Image size.

  • ajdrosdick
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2004
      Does anyone know what the maximum image size Gimp 2 can handle?
    • Harley
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2004
        262144 pixels, if you're talking about file size i
        don't know.
        --- ajdrosdick <ajdrosdick@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know what the maximum image size Gimp 2
        > can handle?

        =====

        HL

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • ajdrosdick
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20, 2004
          Thanks, but I'm trying to find out if it can break the 2 gig barrier
          of Photoshop.

          --- In thegimp2@yahoogroups.com, Harley <losinggeneration@y...> wrote:
          > 262144 pixels, if you're talking about file size i
          > don't know.
          > --- ajdrosdick <ajdrosdick@a...> wrote:
          >
          > > Does anyone know what the maximum image size Gimp 2
          > > can handle?
          > >

          > =====
          >
          > HL

          > http://mail.yahoo.com
        • dragonheart_1982_2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 24, 2004
            well I thought the 2 gig limit had more to do with the OS you are
            using than the software.

            I know that Win 98 and the Fat32 file system hates single files over 2
            gigs.