Spam!

  • Nola Folse
    Message 1 of 6 , May 21, 2011
      I have been receiving alot of spam from this group! I dont know why! but its really making me consider leaving the group!! Can an admin please fix this!!!

      Thank you,

      Nola Folse

      *Aubries Momma*

    • weisbeek
      Message 2 of 6 , May 21, 2011
        Nola,

        If the spam has come from this group then other receivers should also have received it. However, I did not see any reports of this.

        Also the messages should have been saved in the online history of this group. That is also not the case.

        Then I am wondering what kind of spam-messages these are. Why do you think that these are coming from this group ? If you still have such a message can you forward it to my mail address so I can have a look at it ?

        Thanks in advance,

        Martijn
        http://gimp.startpagina.nl
      • Nola Folse
        Message 3 of 6 , May 21, 2011
          Sure I'll forward you a few. And I think its coming from you, because it has [the gimp] in the subject line just like when I receive from the group! I seen Annette post to the group complaining about the same issue.

          Thank you,

          Nola Folse

          *Aubries Momma*

          Message 4 of 6 , May 22, 2011
            Nola,

            I think that Annette makes it clear that the spam is coming from another GIMP user group. When I look through the recent history of the GIMP user group at Yahoo! I only see spam messages and nothing related to GIMP.

            So I advise to unsubscribe from that user group (if you have not done so already).

            Thanks in advance,

            Martijn
            http://gimp.startpagina.nl
          • Nola Folse
            Message 5 of 6 , May 22, 2011
              I did, but Im still recieveing spam! :( Any tips?

              Thank you,

              Nola Folse

              *Aubries Momma*

              Message 6 of 6 , May 22, 2011
                Nola,

                Have a look at from which mail address the spam messages came from.
                That might be an indication where you could have a look. The From-address from an email is not always correct, but is a good indication. Remmember that this group is called TheGIMP2.

                Greetings,

                Martijn