introduction

  • Esther
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2010
      Hi!
      My name is Esther, I'm a wife, mother to 4 and grandmother to 10.
      I've had a digital camera for about 8 or 10 years now (first one had 1
      megapixel, imagine that!) but only started to "do something" with my
      pictures in the last 2 or 3 years. Mostly scrapbooking.
      I've become fairly familiar with Photoshop Elements, but I'm just not
      willing to pay for an update every year.
      My brother suggested I try the Gimp, so just last night I downloaded and
      installed it. I'll have to get used to the interface, it is quite
      different from PSE, yet much also seems quite similar.
      I'm hoping to learn here, ask my questions, and in due time also be able
      to help others.

      Greetings from Beautiful British Columbia
      Esther
    • Portman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2010
        Hi Esther,

        Welcome to the group. :-)

        I have been using GIMP for so long that I don't remember how to use Photoshop anymore!

        Best,
        Riva