Re: [The Freedom Fighters Foundation] They're HERE!!!

  • Gary Beck
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2006
      I think it is great. This is a fresh approach to the team. I'll be interested to learn more about Father TIme. Maybe he's a new version of the Silver Ghost (I hope I'm remembering that bad guy's name).

      Gary

      christian <comixreadr@...> wrote:
      I got it yesterday. It's holding my interest so far. Not too sure about the bald Doll Man yet??? He looks like a tiny skinhead. And when's The Black Condor coming?? And have you guys been keeping up with "The Battle For Bludhaven"?
      Christian

      thefreedomfighters <thefreedomfighters@...> wrote:
      the new book hit yesterday and while I haven't gotten to my shop yet, there's an article at
      Newsarama check it out!

      http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=77441

      test'; ">

      Gary

      "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death." - Auntie Mame

    • Philip Wang
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2006
        I love the fact that from the get-go, you know their personalities. I also
        kind of like how they seem like Justice League International (the members
        don't necessarily like each other or get along) even though it's a serious
        comic. And I think the artwork fits them very well.

        I do have one serious complaint though. I don't like what they did with
        Stormy's dad. The story direction such an event implies I think has been
        done way too many times already.

        I do like Doll Man though. It could be a generational thing, but I never
        understood the original. The new guy, he makes sense to me.

        I also like the new Human Bomb, especially his costume.

        Can't wait till the team actually forms as the new faces / classic lineup...

        I thought Battle For Bludhaven was OK. I wish that Freedom's Ring lasted
        longer. Silent Majority was a neat character. It must suck to be a Lady
        Liberty. 3 of them died now? Sheesh. 2 of them in the same LIMITED SERIES!
        I'm not sure I understood how or why Major Force was their team leader.
        I'm glad he's gone again for a while. Never liked the character as such.