Re: [The Freedom Fighters Foundation] They're HERE!!!

  • christian
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2006
      I got it yesterday. It's holding my interest so far. Not too sure about the bald Doll Man yet??? He looks like a tiny skinhead. And when's The Black Condor coming?? And have you guys been keeping up with "The Battle For Bludhaven"?
      Christian

      thefreedomfighters <thefreedomfighters@...> wrote:
      the new book hit yesterday and while I haven't gotten to my shop yet, there's an article at
      Newsarama check it out!

      http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=77441

      test'; ">

    • Gary Beck
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2006
        I think it is great. This is a fresh approach to the team. I'll be interested to learn more about Father TIme. Maybe he's a new version of the Silver Ghost (I hope I'm remembering that bad guy's name).

        Gary

        christian <comixreadr@...> wrote:
        I got it yesterday. It's holding my interest so far. Not too sure about the bald Doll Man yet??? He looks like a tiny skinhead. And when's The Black Condor coming?? And have you guys been keeping up with "The Battle For Bludhaven"?
        Christian

        thefreedomfighters <thefreedomfighters@...> wrote:
        the new book hit yesterday and while I haven't gotten to my shop yet, there's an article at
        Newsarama check it out!

        http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=77441

        test'; ">

        Gary

        "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death." - Auntie Mame

      • Philip Wang
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2006
          I love the fact that from the get-go, you know their personalities. I also
          kind of like how they seem like Justice League International (the members
          don't necessarily like each other or get along) even though it's a serious
          comic. And I think the artwork fits them very well.

          I do have one serious complaint though. I don't like what they did with
          Stormy's dad. The story direction such an event implies I think has been
          done way too many times already.

          I do like Doll Man though. It could be a generational thing, but I never
          understood the original. The new guy, he makes sense to me.

          I also like the new Human Bomb, especially his costume.

          Can't wait till the team actually forms as the new faces / classic lineup...

          I thought Battle For Bludhaven was OK. I wish that Freedom's Ring lasted
          longer. Silent Majority was a neat character. It must suck to be a Lady
          Liberty. 3 of them died now? Sheesh. 2 of them in the same LIMITED SERIES!
          I'm not sure I understood how or why Major Force was their team leader.
          I'm glad he's gone again for a while. Never liked the character as such.