RE: [thefixedstars] Re: Favorite constellations

  • Derek Reveres
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
      Can't escape i love it.
      I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean nature to them,
      they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just with a
      little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was trying to figure
      out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that affected
      multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just after
      usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs? Still haven't
      studied it much tho.

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
        One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
        Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
        successfully. usually sun and air make good mates and earth and
        water, but with neighboring signs you break that normal connection
        and can do so successfully. I suspect its because so many of the
        faster moving planets may tend to be clustered in the neighboring
        sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.

        Beth

        wrote:

        Standard

        > >one I
        > >if
        > >refrain
        > >the

        > >hold any

        > >when it
        > >astrology.

      • Derek Reveres
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
          I guess one way to look at it would that, for example, a good number of
          Pisces will have a progressed Sun in Aries, which means they understand the
          Arien nature on a very subconscious level. On the Other Side when the Sun
          is Pisces it is in the stars of Aquarius. So I guess this might have
          answered my question. Any sign, by this definition, would understand and
          have the traits of those signs preceeding and following it.

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
            well as an Arian I have 3 planets in Pisces and Venus in Taurus, I
            suspect others are same? The Piscean in question has Aries moon
            conjunct my Sun & Mercury, so would make sense that he'd have
            attraction toward ARian females. ANd his natal sun conj my Jupiter.
            Generally I get along best with Leo and Aquarian Males... go figure.

            <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
            > >sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.
            > >
            > >Beth
            > >

            > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
            > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Can't escape i love it.
            > > > I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean
            nature to
            > >them,
            > > > they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just
            > >with a
            > > > little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was
            trying to
            > >figure
            > > > out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that
            > >affected
            > > > multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just
            > >after
            > > > usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs?

          • Mihaela Dicu
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
              Hello, Beth!

              >Original Message: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>

              >One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
              >Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
              >successfully.

              Confirmed by statistics.
              See the work of Gunther Sachs (Germany) and Didier Castille (French).
              For Castille's article "Sunny Day for a Wedding" go to:
              http://www.astralis.it/13cas2en.doc or
              http://www.aureas.org/rams/castille02us.pdf

              Mihaela
              (F, Romania, Europe)
            • Gaby Mittelman
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005

                Hello group !

                I have a question pls.

                At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj – Romania to Tel Aviv Israel .

                 Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider the E/ W of the place I live now when I make a progression chart ?

                 or any other chart regarding to date ?

                Thank you for your help

                Gaby

                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                  --- Gaby Mittelman <gabymitt@...> wrote:

                  > Hello group !
                  >

                  > I have a question pls.
                  >

                  > At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj -Romania to Tel
                  > Aviv Israel.
                  >
                  > Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider
                  > the E/ W of the place I
                  > live now when I make a progression chart ?
                  >
                  > or any other chart regarding to date ?
                  >

                  > Thank you for your help
                  >

                  > Gaby

                  Your chart, relocated to Tel Aviv, should be
                  considered together with your natal. I always
                  calculate progressions for my birthplace no matter
                  where I am. I don't know if you want to calculate them
                  for Cluj or relocated to Tel Aviv; I guess it's up to
                  you.

                  You have fixed star parans in your natal, and you also
                  have them as ongoing transiting events at Tel Aviv or
                  wherever else you might be at a given moment.

                  Mark A. Holmes

                  __________________________________
                • Gaby Mittelman
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005

                    Dear Mark,

                     So kind of you to answer...

                    If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed stars?

                    Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956

                    Cluj Romania

                    And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel .

                    I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the progressed charts- so which one should I use ?

                    million thanks

                    Gaby

                  • Shawhouse
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                      I only consider the birth chart for personality analysis and
                      progressions, with the exception of Solar Returns, which I do for the
                      location where Return occurs. There is a school of thinking that
                      believes in relocating. I've found doing so provides an insight into
                      shadow energy, adding another layer of understanding. For me, doing so
                      dilutes clarity. I believe one has to limit oneself to the approaches
                      that work best, because there are so many possibilities that using too
                      many would make the whole art or astrology unworkable. I'd suggest
                      experimenting with your own chart.
                      Diana S.

                    • Trishmare7@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                        In a message dated 11/3/2005 4:50:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
                        I have mars,
                        chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB
                        Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden Fleece" of ancient Greek fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces in gold-bearing streams and letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's whence the legend of a golden fleece came?

                        Trish
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                          hmmm, that might work here in Ca where we have several gold bearing
                          streams... will have to remember that... ;-) MissB

                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                            And jupiter the great benefic rules Pisces and in my chart is
                            conjunct Fomalhaut so hey, waht a great idea... MissB

                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                              --- Trishmare7@... wrote:

                              > Standard Time,
                              > msbhavens1@... writes:
                              >
                              > I have mars,
                              > chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I
                              > am! MissB

                              > Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden
                              > Fleece" of ancient Greek
                              > fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces
                              > in gold-bearing streams and
                              > letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's
                              > whence the legend of a
                              > golden fleece came?

                              I think Aries was supposed to be a magical flying ram
                              with golden fleece which was sent to rescue Phrixus
                              and his sister Helle from their evil stepmother (funny
                              how stepmothers in myths and in fairy tales are always
                              evil). Helle fell off into the strait called the
                              Hellespont after her (now known as the Dardanelles, it
                              connects the Sea of Marmara with the Aegean Sea).
                              Phrixus, after reaching his destination of Colchis
                              (now known as the Republic of Georgia), sacrificed the
                              ram to the gods.

                              I think sheep fleeces may indeed have been used as
                              gold pans in ancient Greece.

                              You have to work your imagination some to see a ram in
                              the Aries star pattern--but then, that's true of a lot
                              of constellations.

                              Mark A. Holmes

                              __________________________________
                              http://farechase.yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                yeah, three whole stars, big whup! MissB

                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 7, 2005
                                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Gaby Mittelman"
                                  <gabymitt@z...> wrote:

                                  > Dear Mark,
                                  >

                                  > So kind of you to answer...
                                  >
                                  > If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed
                                  stars?

                                  I could give you a list of fixed star alignments from SolarFire and
                                  let you look them up and figure out what they mean to you.

                                  > Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956
                                  >
                                  > Cluj Romania
                                  >

                                  > And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel.
                                  >

                                  > I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the
                                  progressed
                                  > charts- so which one should I use ?

                                  I don't know what you mean.