RE: [thefixedstars] Re: Favorite constellations

  • Derek Reveres
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 3 1:31 PM
      We have some in common. I have Venus in my Ascending Taurus as well (though
      she is in XII not I). I also have a Mutable T-Square with Sun Opposing
      Saturn and both squaring my Moon. Saturn is in my Virgo Stellium which
      opposes my Pisces Sun (in XII). Quite the interesting group. My mom is
      also a Capricorn. When I looked at Saturn's transits at first examining
      Astrology, I was amazed to find that Saturn was in Cap when my mom got a
      divorce, it was in Aquarius during the year's I was most influenced by my
      brother (an Aquarius), in Pisces during a wave of depression and religious
      disillusionment. It was in Aries when I married my wife (an Aries) and when
      it entered Gem I started studying Astrology and the Occult a lot. So it
      definitely had a huge impact on me. Currently my most potent planet is
      Uranus, which natally forms an applying square to my Retrograde Mars.

      -Derek-

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 3 1:46 PM
        LOL uranus is currently opposite my Pluto and conjunct chiron in my
        chart, the thought of marrying a pisces terrifies me, I have a male
        friend who is apisces who's ex-wifes birthday is same day and year as
        mine. I told him I'm his personal twilight zone, he can't escape. LOL
        YOu should have seen the look on his face! sigh... I have mars,
        chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB

        <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
        > >temple, so I have strong Saturn issues myself, he is also the base
        of
        > >a T square in my chart neptune 12 sco, Venus 12 Tau sat 10 Aqu,
        and I
        > >have lib rising so Venus allegedly rules my chart in her sign in
        the
        > >7th but I"m never quite certain with those two whose leading the
        way.

        > >MissB
        > >

        > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
        > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Orion was the first constellation I gfot acquainted with, and i
        did
        > >so 2
        > > > years ago when Saturn was lingering around his belt
        > >and "equipment". Saturn
        > > > was a very influential planet in my life 2 years ago, so I as

      • Derek Reveres
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 3 1:57 PM
          Can't escape i love it.
          I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean nature to them,
          they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just with a
          little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was trying to figure
          out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that affected
          multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just after
          usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs? Still haven't
          studied it much tho.

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 3 2:02 PM
            One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
            Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
            successfully. usually sun and air make good mates and earth and
            water, but with neighboring signs you break that normal connection
            and can do so successfully. I suspect its because so many of the
            faster moving planets may tend to be clustered in the neighboring
            sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.

            Beth

            wrote:

            Standard

            > >one I
            > >if
            > >refrain
            > >the

            > >hold any

            > >when it
            > >astrology.

          • Derek Reveres
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 3 2:15 PM
              I guess one way to look at it would that, for example, a good number of
              Pisces will have a progressed Sun in Aries, which means they understand the
              Arien nature on a very subconscious level. On the Other Side when the Sun
              is Pisces it is in the stars of Aquarius. So I guess this might have
              answered my question. Any sign, by this definition, would understand and
              have the traits of those signs preceeding and following it.

              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 3 3:00 PM
                well as an Arian I have 3 planets in Pisces and Venus in Taurus, I
                suspect others are same? The Piscean in question has Aries moon
                conjunct my Sun & Mercury, so would make sense that he'd have
                attraction toward ARian females. ANd his natal sun conj my Jupiter.
                Generally I get along best with Leo and Aquarian Males... go figure.

                <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                > >sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.
                > >
                > >Beth
                > >

                > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
                > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Can't escape i love it.
                > > > I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean
                nature to
                > >them,
                > > > they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just
                > >with a
                > > > little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was
                trying to
                > >figure
                > > > out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that
                > >affected
                > > > multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just
                > >after
                > > > usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs?

              • Mihaela Dicu
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 3 9:11 PM
                  Hello, Beth!

                  >Original Message: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>

                  >One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
                  >Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
                  >successfully.

                  Confirmed by statistics.
                  See the work of Gunther Sachs (Germany) and Didier Castille (French).
                  For Castille's article "Sunny Day for a Wedding" go to:
                  http://www.astralis.it/13cas2en.doc or
                  http://www.aureas.org/rams/castille02us.pdf

                  Mihaela
                  (F, Romania, Europe)
                • Gaby Mittelman
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 3 11:32 PM

                    Hello group !

                    I have a question pls.

                    At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj – Romania to Tel Aviv Israel .

                     Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider the E/ W of the place I live now when I make a progression chart ?

                     or any other chart regarding to date ?

                    Thank you for your help

                    Gaby

                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 4 12:26 AM
                      --- Gaby Mittelman <gabymitt@...> wrote:

                      > Hello group !
                      >

                      > I have a question pls.
                      >

                      > At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj -Romania to Tel
                      > Aviv Israel.
                      >
                      > Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider
                      > the E/ W of the place I
                      > live now when I make a progression chart ?
                      >
                      > or any other chart regarding to date ?
                      >

                      > Thank you for your help
                      >

                      > Gaby

                      Your chart, relocated to Tel Aviv, should be
                      considered together with your natal. I always
                      calculate progressions for my birthplace no matter
                      where I am. I don't know if you want to calculate them
                      for Cluj or relocated to Tel Aviv; I guess it's up to
                      you.

                      You have fixed star parans in your natal, and you also
                      have them as ongoing transiting events at Tel Aviv or
                      wherever else you might be at a given moment.

                      Mark A. Holmes

                      __________________________________
                    • Gaby Mittelman
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 4 5:25 AM

                        Dear Mark,

                         So kind of you to answer...

                        If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed stars?

                        Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956

                        Cluj Romania

                        And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel .

                        I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the progressed charts- so which one should I use ?

                        million thanks

                        Gaby

                      • Shawhouse
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 4 9:57 AM
                          I only consider the birth chart for personality analysis and
                          progressions, with the exception of Solar Returns, which I do for the
                          location where Return occurs. There is a school of thinking that
                          believes in relocating. I've found doing so provides an insight into
                          shadow energy, adding another layer of understanding. For me, doing so
                          dilutes clarity. I believe one has to limit oneself to the approaches
                          that work best, because there are so many possibilities that using too
                          many would make the whole art or astrology unworkable. I'd suggest
                          experimenting with your own chart.
                          Diana S.

                        • Trishmare7@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 4 11:33 AM
                            In a message dated 11/3/2005 4:50:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
                            I have mars,
                            chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB
                            Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden Fleece" of ancient Greek fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces in gold-bearing streams and letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's whence the legend of a golden fleece came?

                            Trish
                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 4 12:40 PM
                              hmmm, that might work here in Ca where we have several gold bearing
                              streams... will have to remember that... ;-) MissB

                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 4 12:41 PM
                                And jupiter the great benefic rules Pisces and in my chart is
                                conjunct Fomalhaut so hey, waht a great idea... MissB

                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 4 3:05 PM
                                  --- Trishmare7@... wrote:

                                  > Standard Time,
                                  > msbhavens1@... writes:
                                  >
                                  > I have mars,
                                  > chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I
                                  > am! MissB

                                  > Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden
                                  > Fleece" of ancient Greek
                                  > fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces
                                  > in gold-bearing streams and
                                  > letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's
                                  > whence the legend of a
                                  > golden fleece came?

                                  I think Aries was supposed to be a magical flying ram
                                  with golden fleece which was sent to rescue Phrixus
                                  and his sister Helle from their evil stepmother (funny
                                  how stepmothers in myths and in fairy tales are always
                                  evil). Helle fell off into the strait called the
                                  Hellespont after her (now known as the Dardanelles, it
                                  connects the Sea of Marmara with the Aegean Sea).
                                  Phrixus, after reaching his destination of Colchis
                                  (now known as the Republic of Georgia), sacrificed the
                                  ram to the gods.

                                  I think sheep fleeces may indeed have been used as
                                  gold pans in ancient Greece.

                                  You have to work your imagination some to see a ram in
                                  the Aries star pattern--but then, that's true of a lot
                                  of constellations.

                                  Mark A. Holmes

                                  __________________________________
                                  http://farechase.yahoo.com
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 4 3:29 PM
                                    yeah, three whole stars, big whup! MissB

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 7 12:46 PM
                                      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Gaby Mittelman"
                                      <gabymitt@z...> wrote:

                                      > Dear Mark,
                                      >

                                      > So kind of you to answer...
                                      >
                                      > If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed
                                      stars?

                                      I could give you a list of fixed star alignments from SolarFire and
                                      let you look them up and figure out what they mean to you.

                                      > Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956
                                      >
                                      > Cluj Romania
                                      >

                                      > And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel.
                                      >

                                      > I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the
                                      progressed
                                      > charts- so which one should I use ?

                                      I don't know what you mean.