Re: Favorite constellations

    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
      Saturn is very strong in my natal chart in Aquarius in the 4th his
      temple, so I have strong Saturn issues myself, he is also the base of
      a T square in my chart neptune 12 sco, Venus 12 Tau sat 10 Aqu, and I
      have lib rising so Venus allegedly rules my chart in her sign in the
      7th but I"m never quite certain with those two whose leading the way.

      MissB

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
      <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

      > Orion was the first constellation I gfot acquainted with, and i did
      so 2
      > years ago when Saturn was lingering around his belt
      and "equipment". Saturn
      > was a very influential planet in my life 2 years ago, so I as well
      can find
      > this constellation anywhere.
      >

      > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@y...>
      > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Favorite constellations
      > >Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 21:33:49 -0000
      > >
      > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@a... wrote:
      > > >

      > > > In a message dated 10/31/2005 8:07:01 P.M. Eastern Standard
      Time,
      > > > msbhavens1@y... writes:
      > > >
      > > > I have to Say Orion is my favorite constellation and the one I
      can
      > > > ALWAYS spot in the sky no matter what, I've often wondered if
      that
      > > > holds any significance for an individual? There is a refrain
      from a
      > > > song that I heard once, I have no clue about the rest of the
      song,
      > > > but the refrain sticks in my head... Orions arms are wide
      enough to
      > > > hold us all together, though we are worlds apart.
      > > >
      > > > MissB
      > > >

      > > > An interesting thought--does our favorite constellation hold any
      > >relevance
      > > > for us outside of the fact? My favorite constellation is
      > >Scorpio--not only is
      > > > it lovely to look at, but it comes "out" in the summertime,
      when
      > >everything is
      > > > warm. Orion is a winter constellation and though I love
      looking at
      > >him, just
      > > > bringing his image to mind sends the chill of winter nights
      across
      > >my skin.
      > > > Stargazing is better in the winter though--at least where I
      live.
      > >Clearer
      > > > skies, less humidity.
      > > >
      > > > Trish
      > > >

      > >When I was ten years old and more interested in astronomy than
      > >astrology (and had this kid-like massive interest in foxes),
      Vulpecula
      > >was my favorite constellation. Libra, the constellation
      corresponding
      > >to my Sun-sign, isn't a very spectacular sight, either, unlike
      Scorpius.

      > >Patrick Moore's *Amateur Astronomy*, which I read at least two
      dozen
      > >times as a little kid, gives very short shrift to Lynx and
      > >Camelopardalis, two constellations which turned out to be a lot
      more
      > >interesting from the standpoint of an amateur astronomy than he
      made
      > >them out to be.
      > >
      > >And astronomy turned out to be even more interesting to me when it
      was
      > >demonstrated to me that astronomical phenomena had a direct
      influence
      > >on people and their doings, the study of which we call astrology.
      > >
      > >Mark A. Holmes

    • Derek Reveres
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
        We have some in common. I have Venus in my Ascending Taurus as well (though
        she is in XII not I). I also have a Mutable T-Square with Sun Opposing
        Saturn and both squaring my Moon. Saturn is in my Virgo Stellium which
        opposes my Pisces Sun (in XII). Quite the interesting group. My mom is
        also a Capricorn. When I looked at Saturn's transits at first examining
        Astrology, I was amazed to find that Saturn was in Cap when my mom got a
        divorce, it was in Aquarius during the year's I was most influenced by my
        brother (an Aquarius), in Pisces during a wave of depression and religious
        disillusionment. It was in Aries when I married my wife (an Aries) and when
        it entered Gem I started studying Astrology and the Occult a lot. So it
        definitely had a huge impact on me. Currently my most potent planet is
        Uranus, which natally forms an applying square to my Retrograde Mars.

        -Derek-

        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
          LOL uranus is currently opposite my Pluto and conjunct chiron in my
          chart, the thought of marrying a pisces terrifies me, I have a male
          friend who is apisces who's ex-wifes birthday is same day and year as
          mine. I told him I'm his personal twilight zone, he can't escape. LOL
          YOu should have seen the look on his face! sigh... I have mars,
          chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB

          <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
          > >temple, so I have strong Saturn issues myself, he is also the base
          of
          > >a T square in my chart neptune 12 sco, Venus 12 Tau sat 10 Aqu,
          and I
          > >have lib rising so Venus allegedly rules my chart in her sign in
          the
          > >7th but I"m never quite certain with those two whose leading the
          way.

          > >MissB
          > >

          > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
          > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Orion was the first constellation I gfot acquainted with, and i
          did
          > >so 2
          > > > years ago when Saturn was lingering around his belt
          > >and "equipment". Saturn
          > > > was a very influential planet in my life 2 years ago, so I as

        • Derek Reveres
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
            Can't escape i love it.
            I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean nature to them,
            they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just with a
            little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was trying to figure
            out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that affected
            multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just after
            usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs? Still haven't
            studied it much tho.

            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
              One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
              Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
              successfully. usually sun and air make good mates and earth and
              water, but with neighboring signs you break that normal connection
              and can do so successfully. I suspect its because so many of the
              faster moving planets may tend to be clustered in the neighboring
              sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.

              Beth

              wrote:

              Standard

              > >one I
              > >if
              > >refrain
              > >the

              > >hold any

              > >when it
              > >astrology.

            • Derek Reveres
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                I guess one way to look at it would that, for example, a good number of
                Pisces will have a progressed Sun in Aries, which means they understand the
                Arien nature on a very subconscious level. On the Other Side when the Sun
                is Pisces it is in the stars of Aquarius. So I guess this might have
                answered my question. Any sign, by this definition, would understand and
                have the traits of those signs preceeding and following it.

                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                  well as an Arian I have 3 planets in Pisces and Venus in Taurus, I
                  suspect others are same? The Piscean in question has Aries moon
                  conjunct my Sun & Mercury, so would make sense that he'd have
                  attraction toward ARian females. ANd his natal sun conj my Jupiter.
                  Generally I get along best with Leo and Aquarian Males... go figure.

                  <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > >sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.
                  > >
                  > >Beth
                  > >

                  > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
                  > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Can't escape i love it.
                  > > > I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean
                  nature to
                  > >them,
                  > > > they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just
                  > >with a
                  > > > little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was
                  trying to
                  > >figure
                  > > > out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that
                  > >affected
                  > > > multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just
                  > >after
                  > > > usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs?

                • Mihaela Dicu
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                    Hello, Beth!

                    >Original Message: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>

                    >One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
                    >Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
                    >successfully.

                    Confirmed by statistics.
                    See the work of Gunther Sachs (Germany) and Didier Castille (French).
                    For Castille's article "Sunny Day for a Wedding" go to:
                    http://www.astralis.it/13cas2en.doc or
                    http://www.aureas.org/rams/castille02us.pdf

                    Mihaela
                    (F, Romania, Europe)
                  • Gaby Mittelman
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005

                      Hello group !

                      I have a question pls.

                      At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj – Romania to Tel Aviv Israel .

                       Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider the E/ W of the place I live now when I make a progression chart ?

                       or any other chart regarding to date ?

                      Thank you for your help

                      Gaby

                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                        --- Gaby Mittelman <gabymitt@...> wrote:

                        > Hello group !
                        >

                        > I have a question pls.
                        >

                        > At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj -Romania to Tel
                        > Aviv Israel.
                        >
                        > Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider
                        > the E/ W of the place I
                        > live now when I make a progression chart ?
                        >
                        > or any other chart regarding to date ?
                        >

                        > Thank you for your help
                        >

                        > Gaby

                        Your chart, relocated to Tel Aviv, should be
                        considered together with your natal. I always
                        calculate progressions for my birthplace no matter
                        where I am. I don't know if you want to calculate them
                        for Cluj or relocated to Tel Aviv; I guess it's up to
                        you.

                        You have fixed star parans in your natal, and you also
                        have them as ongoing transiting events at Tel Aviv or
                        wherever else you might be at a given moment.

                        Mark A. Holmes

                        __________________________________
                      • Gaby Mittelman
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005

                          Dear Mark,

                           So kind of you to answer...

                          If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed stars?

                          Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956

                          Cluj Romania

                          And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel .

                          I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the progressed charts- so which one should I use ?

                          million thanks

                          Gaby

                        • Shawhouse
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                            I only consider the birth chart for personality analysis and
                            progressions, with the exception of Solar Returns, which I do for the
                            location where Return occurs. There is a school of thinking that
                            believes in relocating. I've found doing so provides an insight into
                            shadow energy, adding another layer of understanding. For me, doing so
                            dilutes clarity. I believe one has to limit oneself to the approaches
                            that work best, because there are so many possibilities that using too
                            many would make the whole art or astrology unworkable. I'd suggest
                            experimenting with your own chart.
                            Diana S.

                          • Trishmare7@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                              In a message dated 11/3/2005 4:50:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
                              I have mars,
                              chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB
                              Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden Fleece" of ancient Greek fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces in gold-bearing streams and letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's whence the legend of a golden fleece came?

                              Trish
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                hmmm, that might work here in Ca where we have several gold bearing
                                streams... will have to remember that... ;-) MissB

                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                  And jupiter the great benefic rules Pisces and in my chart is
                                  conjunct Fomalhaut so hey, waht a great idea... MissB

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                    --- Trishmare7@... wrote:

                                    > Standard Time,
                                    > msbhavens1@... writes:
                                    >
                                    > I have mars,
                                    > chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I
                                    > am! MissB

                                    > Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden
                                    > Fleece" of ancient Greek
                                    > fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces
                                    > in gold-bearing streams and
                                    > letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's
                                    > whence the legend of a
                                    > golden fleece came?

                                    I think Aries was supposed to be a magical flying ram
                                    with golden fleece which was sent to rescue Phrixus
                                    and his sister Helle from their evil stepmother (funny
                                    how stepmothers in myths and in fairy tales are always
                                    evil). Helle fell off into the strait called the
                                    Hellespont after her (now known as the Dardanelles, it
                                    connects the Sea of Marmara with the Aegean Sea).
                                    Phrixus, after reaching his destination of Colchis
                                    (now known as the Republic of Georgia), sacrificed the
                                    ram to the gods.

                                    I think sheep fleeces may indeed have been used as
                                    gold pans in ancient Greece.

                                    You have to work your imagination some to see a ram in
                                    the Aries star pattern--but then, that's true of a lot
                                    of constellations.

                                    Mark A. Holmes

                                    __________________________________
                                    http://farechase.yahoo.com
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                      yeah, three whole stars, big whup! MissB

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 7, 2005
                                        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Gaby Mittelman"
                                        <gabymitt@z...> wrote:

                                        > Dear Mark,
                                        >

                                        > So kind of you to answer...
                                        >
                                        > If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed
                                        stars?

                                        I could give you a list of fixed star alignments from SolarFire and
                                        let you look them up and figure out what they mean to you.

                                        > Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956
                                        >
                                        > Cluj Romania
                                        >

                                        > And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel.
                                        >

                                        > I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the
                                        progressed
                                        > charts- so which one should I use ?

                                        I don't know what you mean.