RE: [thefixedstars] Re: Favorite constellations

  • Derek Reveres
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
      Orion was the first constellation I gfot acquainted with, and i did so 2
      years ago when Saturn was lingering around his belt and "equipment". Saturn
      was a very influential planet in my life 2 years ago, so I as well can find
      this constellation anywhere.

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
        Saturn is very strong in my natal chart in Aquarius in the 4th his
        temple, so I have strong Saturn issues myself, he is also the base of
        a T square in my chart neptune 12 sco, Venus 12 Tau sat 10 Aqu, and I
        have lib rising so Venus allegedly rules my chart in her sign in the
        7th but I"m never quite certain with those two whose leading the way.

        MissB

        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
        <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
        > >was my favorite constellation. Libra, the constellation
        corresponding
        > >to my Sun-sign, isn't a very spectacular sight, either, unlike
        Scorpius.

        > >Patrick Moore's *Amateur Astronomy*, which I read at least two
        dozen
        > >times as a little kid, gives very short shrift to Lynx and
        > >Camelopardalis, two constellations which turned out to be a lot
        more
        > >interesting from the standpoint of an amateur astronomy than he
        made
        > >them out to be.
        > >
        > >And astronomy turned out to be even more interesting to me when it
        was
        > >demonstrated to me that astronomical phenomena had a direct
        influence
        > >on people and their doings, the study of which we call astrology.

      • Derek Reveres
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
          We have some in common. I have Venus in my Ascending Taurus as well (though
          she is in XII not I). I also have a Mutable T-Square with Sun Opposing
          Saturn and both squaring my Moon. Saturn is in my Virgo Stellium which
          opposes my Pisces Sun (in XII). Quite the interesting group. My mom is
          also a Capricorn. When I looked at Saturn's transits at first examining
          Astrology, I was amazed to find that Saturn was in Cap when my mom got a
          divorce, it was in Aquarius during the year's I was most influenced by my
          brother (an Aquarius), in Pisces during a wave of depression and religious
          disillusionment. It was in Aries when I married my wife (an Aries) and when
          it entered Gem I started studying Astrology and the Occult a lot. So it
          definitely had a huge impact on me. Currently my most potent planet is
          Uranus, which natally forms an applying square to my Retrograde Mars.

          -Derek-

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
            LOL uranus is currently opposite my Pluto and conjunct chiron in my
            chart, the thought of marrying a pisces terrifies me, I have a male
            friend who is apisces who's ex-wifes birthday is same day and year as
            mine. I told him I'm his personal twilight zone, he can't escape. LOL
            YOu should have seen the look on his face! sigh... I have mars,
            chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB

            <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
            > >temple, so I have strong Saturn issues myself, he is also the base
            of
            > >a T square in my chart neptune 12 sco, Venus 12 Tau sat 10 Aqu,
            and I
            > >have lib rising so Venus allegedly rules my chart in her sign in
            the
            > >7th but I"m never quite certain with those two whose leading the
            way.

            > >MissB
            > >

            > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
            > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Orion was the first constellation I gfot acquainted with, and i
            did
            > >so 2
            > > > years ago when Saturn was lingering around his belt
            > >and "equipment". Saturn
            > > > was a very influential planet in my life 2 years ago, so I as

          • Derek Reveres
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
              Can't escape i love it.
              I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean nature to them,
              they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just with a
              little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was trying to figure
              out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that affected
              multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just after
              usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs? Still haven't
              studied it much tho.

              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
                Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
                successfully. usually sun and air make good mates and earth and
                water, but with neighboring signs you break that normal connection
                and can do so successfully. I suspect its because so many of the
                faster moving planets may tend to be clustered in the neighboring
                sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.

                Beth

                wrote:

                Standard

                > >one I
                > >if
                > >refrain
                > >the

                > >hold any

                > >when it
                > >astrology.

              • Derek Reveres
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                  I guess one way to look at it would that, for example, a good number of
                  Pisces will have a progressed Sun in Aries, which means they understand the
                  Arien nature on a very subconscious level. On the Other Side when the Sun
                  is Pisces it is in the stars of Aquarius. So I guess this might have
                  answered my question. Any sign, by this definition, would understand and
                  have the traits of those signs preceeding and following it.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                    well as an Arian I have 3 planets in Pisces and Venus in Taurus, I
                    suspect others are same? The Piscean in question has Aries moon
                    conjunct my Sun & Mercury, so would make sense that he'd have
                    attraction toward ARian females. ANd his natal sun conj my Jupiter.
                    Generally I get along best with Leo and Aquarian Males... go figure.

                    <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > >sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.
                    > >
                    > >Beth
                    > >

                    > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
                    > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Can't escape i love it.
                    > > > I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean
                    nature to
                    > >them,
                    > > > they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just
                    > >with a
                    > > > little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was
                    trying to
                    > >figure
                    > > > out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that
                    > >affected
                    > > > multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just
                    > >after
                    > > > usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs?

                  • Mihaela Dicu
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                      Hello, Beth!

                      >Original Message: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>

                      >One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
                      >Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
                      >successfully.

                      Confirmed by statistics.
                      See the work of Gunther Sachs (Germany) and Didier Castille (French).
                      For Castille's article "Sunny Day for a Wedding" go to:
                      http://www.astralis.it/13cas2en.doc or
                      http://www.aureas.org/rams/castille02us.pdf

                      Mihaela
                      (F, Romania, Europe)
                    • Gaby Mittelman
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005

                        Hello group !

                        I have a question pls.

                        At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj – Romania to Tel Aviv Israel .

                         Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider the E/ W of the place I live now when I make a progression chart ?

                         or any other chart regarding to date ?

                        Thank you for your help

                        Gaby

                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                          --- Gaby Mittelman <gabymitt@...> wrote:

                          > Hello group !
                          >

                          > I have a question pls.
                          >

                          > At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj -Romania to Tel
                          > Aviv Israel.
                          >
                          > Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider
                          > the E/ W of the place I
                          > live now when I make a progression chart ?
                          >
                          > or any other chart regarding to date ?
                          >

                          > Thank you for your help
                          >

                          > Gaby

                          Your chart, relocated to Tel Aviv, should be
                          considered together with your natal. I always
                          calculate progressions for my birthplace no matter
                          where I am. I don't know if you want to calculate them
                          for Cluj or relocated to Tel Aviv; I guess it's up to
                          you.

                          You have fixed star parans in your natal, and you also
                          have them as ongoing transiting events at Tel Aviv or
                          wherever else you might be at a given moment.

                          Mark A. Holmes

                          __________________________________
                        • Gaby Mittelman
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005

                            Dear Mark,

                             So kind of you to answer...

                            If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed stars?

                            Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956

                            Cluj Romania

                            And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel .

                            I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the progressed charts- so which one should I use ?

                            million thanks

                            Gaby

                          • Shawhouse
                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                              I only consider the birth chart for personality analysis and
                              progressions, with the exception of Solar Returns, which I do for the
                              location where Return occurs. There is a school of thinking that
                              believes in relocating. I've found doing so provides an insight into
                              shadow energy, adding another layer of understanding. For me, doing so
                              dilutes clarity. I believe one has to limit oneself to the approaches
                              that work best, because there are so many possibilities that using too
                              many would make the whole art or astrology unworkable. I'd suggest
                              experimenting with your own chart.
                              Diana S.

                            • Trishmare7@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                In a message dated 11/3/2005 4:50:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
                                I have mars,
                                chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB
                                Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden Fleece" of ancient Greek fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces in gold-bearing streams and letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's whence the legend of a golden fleece came?

                                Trish
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                  hmmm, that might work here in Ca where we have several gold bearing
                                  streams... will have to remember that... ;-) MissB

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                    And jupiter the great benefic rules Pisces and in my chart is
                                    conjunct Fomalhaut so hey, waht a great idea... MissB

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                      --- Trishmare7@... wrote:

                                      > Standard Time,
                                      > msbhavens1@... writes:
                                      >
                                      > I have mars,
                                      > chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I
                                      > am! MissB

                                      > Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden
                                      > Fleece" of ancient Greek
                                      > fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces
                                      > in gold-bearing streams and
                                      > letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's
                                      > whence the legend of a
                                      > golden fleece came?

                                      I think Aries was supposed to be a magical flying ram
                                      with golden fleece which was sent to rescue Phrixus
                                      and his sister Helle from their evil stepmother (funny
                                      how stepmothers in myths and in fairy tales are always
                                      evil). Helle fell off into the strait called the
                                      Hellespont after her (now known as the Dardanelles, it
                                      connects the Sea of Marmara with the Aegean Sea).
                                      Phrixus, after reaching his destination of Colchis
                                      (now known as the Republic of Georgia), sacrificed the
                                      ram to the gods.

                                      I think sheep fleeces may indeed have been used as
                                      gold pans in ancient Greece.

                                      You have to work your imagination some to see a ram in
                                      the Aries star pattern--but then, that's true of a lot
                                      of constellations.

                                      Mark A. Holmes

                                      __________________________________
                                      http://farechase.yahoo.com
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                        yeah, three whole stars, big whup! MissB

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 7, 2005
                                          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Gaby Mittelman"
                                          <gabymitt@z...> wrote:

                                          > Dear Mark,
                                          >

                                          > So kind of you to answer...
                                          >
                                          > If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed
                                          stars?

                                          I could give you a list of fixed star alignments from SolarFire and
                                          let you look them up and figure out what they mean to you.

                                          > Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956
                                          >
                                          > Cluj Romania
                                          >

                                          > And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel.
                                          >

                                          > I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the
                                          progressed
                                          > charts- so which one should I use ?

                                          I don't know what you mean.