Re: Favorite constellations

    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 2, 2005
      I've never figured out how people can divorce the subjects myself.
      MissB

      > When I was ten years old and more interested in astronomy than
      > astrology (and had this kid-like massive interest in foxes),
      Vulpecula
      > was my favorite constellation. Libra, the constellation
      corresponding
      > to my Sun-sign, isn't a very spectacular sight, either, unlike
      Scorpius.

    • Trishmare7@aol.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 2, 2005
        Me either.

        Trish

        In a message dated 11/2/2005 5:08:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
        I've never figured out how people can divorce the subjects myself.
        MissB

        > When I was ten years old and more interested in astronomy than
        > astrology (and had this kid-like massive interest in foxes),
        Vulpecula
        > was my favorite constellation. Libra, the constellation
        corresponding
        > to my Sun-sign, isn't a very spectacular sight, either, unlike
        Scorpius.

        > Patrick Moore's *Amateur Astronomy*, which I read at least two dozen
        > times as a little kid, gives very short shrift to Lynx and
        > Camelopardalis, two constellations which turned out to be a lot more
        > interesting from the standpoint of an amateur astronomy than he made
        > them out to be.
        >
        > And astronomy turned out to be even more interesting to me when it
        was
        > demonstrated to me that astronomical phenomena had a direct
        influence
        > on people and their doings, the study of which we call astrology.
        >
        > Mark A. Holmes

      • Derek Reveres
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
          Orion was the first constellation I gfot acquainted with, and i did so 2
          years ago when Saturn was lingering around his belt and "equipment". Saturn
          was a very influential planet in my life 2 years ago, so I as well can find
          this constellation anywhere.

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
            Saturn is very strong in my natal chart in Aquarius in the 4th his
            temple, so I have strong Saturn issues myself, he is also the base of
            a T square in my chart neptune 12 sco, Venus 12 Tau sat 10 Aqu, and I
            have lib rising so Venus allegedly rules my chart in her sign in the
            7th but I"m never quite certain with those two whose leading the way.

            MissB

            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
            <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
            > >was my favorite constellation. Libra, the constellation
            corresponding
            > >to my Sun-sign, isn't a very spectacular sight, either, unlike
            Scorpius.

            > >Patrick Moore's *Amateur Astronomy*, which I read at least two
            dozen
            > >times as a little kid, gives very short shrift to Lynx and
            > >Camelopardalis, two constellations which turned out to be a lot
            more
            > >interesting from the standpoint of an amateur astronomy than he
            made
            > >them out to be.
            > >
            > >And astronomy turned out to be even more interesting to me when it
            was
            > >demonstrated to me that astronomical phenomena had a direct
            influence
            > >on people and their doings, the study of which we call astrology.

          • Derek Reveres
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
              We have some in common. I have Venus in my Ascending Taurus as well (though
              she is in XII not I). I also have a Mutable T-Square with Sun Opposing
              Saturn and both squaring my Moon. Saturn is in my Virgo Stellium which
              opposes my Pisces Sun (in XII). Quite the interesting group. My mom is
              also a Capricorn. When I looked at Saturn's transits at first examining
              Astrology, I was amazed to find that Saturn was in Cap when my mom got a
              divorce, it was in Aquarius during the year's I was most influenced by my
              brother (an Aquarius), in Pisces during a wave of depression and religious
              disillusionment. It was in Aries when I married my wife (an Aries) and when
              it entered Gem I started studying Astrology and the Occult a lot. So it
              definitely had a huge impact on me. Currently my most potent planet is
              Uranus, which natally forms an applying square to my Retrograde Mars.

              -Derek-

              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                LOL uranus is currently opposite my Pluto and conjunct chiron in my
                chart, the thought of marrying a pisces terrifies me, I have a male
                friend who is apisces who's ex-wifes birthday is same day and year as
                mine. I told him I'm his personal twilight zone, he can't escape. LOL
                YOu should have seen the look on his face! sigh... I have mars,
                chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB

                <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                > >temple, so I have strong Saturn issues myself, he is also the base
                of
                > >a T square in my chart neptune 12 sco, Venus 12 Tau sat 10 Aqu,
                and I
                > >have lib rising so Venus allegedly rules my chart in her sign in
                the
                > >7th but I"m never quite certain with those two whose leading the
                way.

                > >MissB
                > >

                > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
                > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Orion was the first constellation I gfot acquainted with, and i
                did
                > >so 2
                > > > years ago when Saturn was lingering around his belt
                > >and "equipment". Saturn
                > > > was a very influential planet in my life 2 years ago, so I as

              • Derek Reveres
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                  Can't escape i love it.
                  I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean nature to them,
                  they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just with a
                  little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was trying to figure
                  out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that affected
                  multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just after
                  usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs? Still haven't
                  studied it much tho.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                    One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
                    Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
                    successfully. usually sun and air make good mates and earth and
                    water, but with neighboring signs you break that normal connection
                    and can do so successfully. I suspect its because so many of the
                    faster moving planets may tend to be clustered in the neighboring
                    sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.

                    Beth

                    wrote:

                    Standard

                    > >one I
                    > >if
                    > >refrain
                    > >the

                    > >hold any

                    > >when it
                    > >astrology.

                  • Derek Reveres
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                      I guess one way to look at it would that, for example, a good number of
                      Pisces will have a progressed Sun in Aries, which means they understand the
                      Arien nature on a very subconscious level. On the Other Side when the Sun
                      is Pisces it is in the stars of Aquarius. So I guess this might have
                      answered my question. Any sign, by this definition, would understand and
                      have the traits of those signs preceeding and following it.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                        well as an Arian I have 3 planets in Pisces and Venus in Taurus, I
                        suspect others are same? The Piscean in question has Aries moon
                        conjunct my Sun & Mercury, so would make sense that he'd have
                        attraction toward ARian females. ANd his natal sun conj my Jupiter.
                        Generally I get along best with Leo and Aquarian Males... go figure.

                        <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                        > >sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.
                        > >
                        > >Beth
                        > >

                        > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
                        > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Can't escape i love it.
                        > > > I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean
                        nature to
                        > >them,
                        > > > they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just
                        > >with a
                        > > > little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was
                        trying to
                        > >figure
                        > > > out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that
                        > >affected
                        > > > multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just
                        > >after
                        > > > usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs?

                      • Mihaela Dicu
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                          Hello, Beth!

                          >Original Message: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>

                          >One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
                          >Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
                          >successfully.

                          Confirmed by statistics.
                          See the work of Gunther Sachs (Germany) and Didier Castille (French).
                          For Castille's article "Sunny Day for a Wedding" go to:
                          http://www.astralis.it/13cas2en.doc or
                          http://www.aureas.org/rams/castille02us.pdf

                          Mihaela
                          (F, Romania, Europe)
                        • Gaby Mittelman
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005

                            Hello group !

                            I have a question pls.

                            At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj – Romania to Tel Aviv Israel .

                             Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider the E/ W of the place I live now when I make a progression chart ?

                             or any other chart regarding to date ?

                            Thank you for your help

                            Gaby

                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                              --- Gaby Mittelman <gabymitt@...> wrote:

                              > Hello group !
                              >

                              > I have a question pls.
                              >

                              > At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj -Romania to Tel
                              > Aviv Israel.
                              >
                              > Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider
                              > the E/ W of the place I
                              > live now when I make a progression chart ?
                              >
                              > or any other chart regarding to date ?
                              >

                              > Thank you for your help
                              >

                              > Gaby

                              Your chart, relocated to Tel Aviv, should be
                              considered together with your natal. I always
                              calculate progressions for my birthplace no matter
                              where I am. I don't know if you want to calculate them
                              for Cluj or relocated to Tel Aviv; I guess it's up to
                              you.

                              You have fixed star parans in your natal, and you also
                              have them as ongoing transiting events at Tel Aviv or
                              wherever else you might be at a given moment.

                              Mark A. Holmes

                              __________________________________
                            • Gaby Mittelman
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005

                                Dear Mark,

                                 So kind of you to answer...

                                If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed stars?

                                Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956

                                Cluj Romania

                                And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel .

                                I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the progressed charts- so which one should I use ?

                                million thanks

                                Gaby

                              • Shawhouse
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                  I only consider the birth chart for personality analysis and
                                  progressions, with the exception of Solar Returns, which I do for the
                                  location where Return occurs. There is a school of thinking that
                                  believes in relocating. I've found doing so provides an insight into
                                  shadow energy, adding another layer of understanding. For me, doing so
                                  dilutes clarity. I believe one has to limit oneself to the approaches
                                  that work best, because there are so many possibilities that using too
                                  many would make the whole art or astrology unworkable. I'd suggest
                                  experimenting with your own chart.
                                  Diana S.

                                • Trishmare7@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                    In a message dated 11/3/2005 4:50:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
                                    I have mars,
                                    chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB
                                    Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden Fleece" of ancient Greek fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces in gold-bearing streams and letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's whence the legend of a golden fleece came?

                                    Trish
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                      hmmm, that might work here in Ca where we have several gold bearing
                                      streams... will have to remember that... ;-) MissB

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                        And jupiter the great benefic rules Pisces and in my chart is
                                        conjunct Fomalhaut so hey, waht a great idea... MissB

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                          --- Trishmare7@... wrote:

                                          > Standard Time,
                                          > msbhavens1@... writes:
                                          >
                                          > I have mars,
                                          > chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I
                                          > am! MissB

                                          > Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden
                                          > Fleece" of ancient Greek
                                          > fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces
                                          > in gold-bearing streams and
                                          > letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's
                                          > whence the legend of a
                                          > golden fleece came?

                                          I think Aries was supposed to be a magical flying ram
                                          with golden fleece which was sent to rescue Phrixus
                                          and his sister Helle from their evil stepmother (funny
                                          how stepmothers in myths and in fairy tales are always
                                          evil). Helle fell off into the strait called the
                                          Hellespont after her (now known as the Dardanelles, it
                                          connects the Sea of Marmara with the Aegean Sea).
                                          Phrixus, after reaching his destination of Colchis
                                          (now known as the Republic of Georgia), sacrificed the
                                          ram to the gods.

                                          I think sheep fleeces may indeed have been used as
                                          gold pans in ancient Greece.

                                          You have to work your imagination some to see a ram in
                                          the Aries star pattern--but then, that's true of a lot
                                          of constellations.

                                          Mark A. Holmes

                                          __________________________________
                                          http://farechase.yahoo.com
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                            yeah, three whole stars, big whup! MissB

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 7, 2005
                                              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Gaby Mittelman"
                                              <gabymitt@z...> wrote:

                                              > Dear Mark,
                                              >

                                              > So kind of you to answer...
                                              >
                                              > If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed
                                              stars?

                                              I could give you a list of fixed star alignments from SolarFire and
                                              let you look them up and figure out what they mean to you.

                                              > Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956
                                              >
                                              > Cluj Romania
                                              >

                                              > And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel.
                                              >

                                              > I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the
                                              progressed
                                              > charts- so which one should I use ?

                                              I don't know what you mean.