Re: Favorite constellations

    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 2, 2005
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@a... wrote:

      > In a message dated 10/31/2005 8:07:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > msbhavens1@y... writes:
      >
      > I have to Say Orion is my favorite constellation and the one I can
      > ALWAYS spot in the sky no matter what, I've often wondered if that
      > holds any significance for an individual? There is a refrain from a
      > song that I heard once, I have no clue about the rest of the song,
      > but the refrain sticks in my head... Orions arms are wide enough to
      > hold us all together, though we are worlds apart.
      >
      > MissB
      >

      > An interesting thought--does our favorite constellation hold any
      relevance
      > for us outside of the fact? My favorite constellation is
      Scorpio--not only is
      > it lovely to look at, but it comes "out" in the summertime, when
      everything is
      > warm. Orion is a winter constellation and though I love looking at
      him, just
      > bringing his image to mind sends the chill of winter nights across
      my skin.
      > Stargazing is better in the winter though--at least where I live.
      Clearer
      > skies, less humidity.
      >
      > Trish

      When I was ten years old and more interested in astronomy than
      astrology (and had this kid-like massive interest in foxes), Vulpecula
      was my favorite constellation. Libra, the constellation corresponding
      to my Sun-sign, isn't a very spectacular sight, either, unlike Scorpius.

      Patrick Moore's *Amateur Astronomy*, which I read at least two dozen
      times as a little kid, gives very short shrift to Lynx and
      Camelopardalis, two constellations which turned out to be a lot more
      interesting from the standpoint of an amateur astronomy than he made
      them out to be.

      And astronomy turned out to be even more interesting to me when it was
      demonstrated to me that astronomical phenomena had a direct influence
      on people and their doings, the study of which we call astrology.

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 2, 2005
        I've never figured out how people can divorce the subjects myself.
        MissB

      • Trishmare7@aol.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 2, 2005
          Me either.

          Trish

          In a message dated 11/2/2005 5:08:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
          I've never figured out how people can divorce the subjects myself.
          MissB

          > When I was ten years old and more interested in astronomy than
          > astrology (and had this kid-like massive interest in foxes),
          Vulpecula
          > was my favorite constellation. Libra, the constellation
          corresponding
          > to my Sun-sign, isn't a very spectacular sight, either, unlike
          Scorpius.

          > Patrick Moore's *Amateur Astronomy*, which I read at least two dozen
          > times as a little kid, gives very short shrift to Lynx and
          > Camelopardalis, two constellations which turned out to be a lot more
          > interesting from the standpoint of an amateur astronomy than he made
          > them out to be.
          >
          > And astronomy turned out to be even more interesting to me when it
          was
          > demonstrated to me that astronomical phenomena had a direct
          influence
          > on people and their doings, the study of which we call astrology.
          >
          > Mark A. Holmes

        • Derek Reveres
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
            Orion was the first constellation I gfot acquainted with, and i did so 2
            years ago when Saturn was lingering around his belt and "equipment". Saturn
            was a very influential planet in my life 2 years ago, so I as well can find
            this constellation anywhere.

            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
              Saturn is very strong in my natal chart in Aquarius in the 4th his
              temple, so I have strong Saturn issues myself, he is also the base of
              a T square in my chart neptune 12 sco, Venus 12 Tau sat 10 Aqu, and I
              have lib rising so Venus allegedly rules my chart in her sign in the
              7th but I"m never quite certain with those two whose leading the way.

              MissB

              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
              <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
              > >was my favorite constellation. Libra, the constellation
              corresponding
              > >to my Sun-sign, isn't a very spectacular sight, either, unlike
              Scorpius.

              > >Patrick Moore's *Amateur Astronomy*, which I read at least two
              dozen
              > >times as a little kid, gives very short shrift to Lynx and
              > >Camelopardalis, two constellations which turned out to be a lot
              more
              > >interesting from the standpoint of an amateur astronomy than he
              made
              > >them out to be.
              > >
              > >And astronomy turned out to be even more interesting to me when it
              was
              > >demonstrated to me that astronomical phenomena had a direct
              influence
              > >on people and their doings, the study of which we call astrology.

            • Derek Reveres
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                We have some in common. I have Venus in my Ascending Taurus as well (though
                she is in XII not I). I also have a Mutable T-Square with Sun Opposing
                Saturn and both squaring my Moon. Saturn is in my Virgo Stellium which
                opposes my Pisces Sun (in XII). Quite the interesting group. My mom is
                also a Capricorn. When I looked at Saturn's transits at first examining
                Astrology, I was amazed to find that Saturn was in Cap when my mom got a
                divorce, it was in Aquarius during the year's I was most influenced by my
                brother (an Aquarius), in Pisces during a wave of depression and religious
                disillusionment. It was in Aries when I married my wife (an Aries) and when
                it entered Gem I started studying Astrology and the Occult a lot. So it
                definitely had a huge impact on me. Currently my most potent planet is
                Uranus, which natally forms an applying square to my Retrograde Mars.

                -Derek-

                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                  LOL uranus is currently opposite my Pluto and conjunct chiron in my
                  chart, the thought of marrying a pisces terrifies me, I have a male
                  friend who is apisces who's ex-wifes birthday is same day and year as
                  mine. I told him I'm his personal twilight zone, he can't escape. LOL
                  YOu should have seen the look on his face! sigh... I have mars,
                  chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB

                  <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > >temple, so I have strong Saturn issues myself, he is also the base
                  of
                  > >a T square in my chart neptune 12 sco, Venus 12 Tau sat 10 Aqu,
                  and I
                  > >have lib rising so Venus allegedly rules my chart in her sign in
                  the
                  > >7th but I"m never quite certain with those two whose leading the
                  way.

                  > >MissB
                  > >

                  > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
                  > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Orion was the first constellation I gfot acquainted with, and i
                  did
                  > >so 2
                  > > > years ago when Saturn was lingering around his belt
                  > >and "equipment". Saturn
                  > > > was a very influential planet in my life 2 years ago, so I as

                • Derek Reveres
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                    Can't escape i love it.
                    I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean nature to them,
                    they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just with a
                    little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was trying to figure
                    out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that affected
                    multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just after
                    usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs? Still haven't
                    studied it much tho.

                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                      One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
                      Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
                      successfully. usually sun and air make good mates and earth and
                      water, but with neighboring signs you break that normal connection
                      and can do so successfully. I suspect its because so many of the
                      faster moving planets may tend to be clustered in the neighboring
                      sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.

                      Beth

                      wrote:

                      Standard

                      > >one I
                      > >if
                      > >refrain
                      > >the

                      > >hold any

                      > >when it
                      > >astrology.

                    • Derek Reveres
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                        I guess one way to look at it would that, for example, a good number of
                        Pisces will have a progressed Sun in Aries, which means they understand the
                        Arien nature on a very subconscious level. On the Other Side when the Sun
                        is Pisces it is in the stars of Aquarius. So I guess this might have
                        answered my question. Any sign, by this definition, would understand and
                        have the traits of those signs preceeding and following it.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                          well as an Arian I have 3 planets in Pisces and Venus in Taurus, I
                          suspect others are same? The Piscean in question has Aries moon
                          conjunct my Sun & Mercury, so would make sense that he'd have
                          attraction toward ARian females. ANd his natal sun conj my Jupiter.
                          Generally I get along best with Leo and Aquarian Males... go figure.

                          <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                          > >sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.
                          > >
                          > >Beth
                          > >

                          > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
                          > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Can't escape i love it.
                          > > > I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean
                          nature to
                          > >them,
                          > > > they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just
                          > >with a
                          > > > little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was
                          trying to
                          > >figure
                          > > > out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that
                          > >affected
                          > > > multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just
                          > >after
                          > > > usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs?

                        • Mihaela Dicu
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                            Hello, Beth!

                            >Original Message: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>

                            >One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
                            >Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
                            >successfully.

                            Confirmed by statistics.
                            See the work of Gunther Sachs (Germany) and Didier Castille (French).
                            For Castille's article "Sunny Day for a Wedding" go to:
                            http://www.astralis.it/13cas2en.doc or
                            http://www.aureas.org/rams/castille02us.pdf

                            Mihaela
                            (F, Romania, Europe)
                          • Gaby Mittelman
                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005

                              Hello group !

                              I have a question pls.

                              At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj – Romania to Tel Aviv Israel .

                               Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider the E/ W of the place I live now when I make a progression chart ?

                               or any other chart regarding to date ?

                              Thank you for your help

                              Gaby

                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                --- Gaby Mittelman <gabymitt@...> wrote:

                                > Hello group !
                                >

                                > I have a question pls.
                                >

                                > At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj -Romania to Tel
                                > Aviv Israel.
                                >
                                > Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider
                                > the E/ W of the place I
                                > live now when I make a progression chart ?
                                >
                                > or any other chart regarding to date ?
                                >

                                > Thank you for your help
                                >

                                > Gaby

                                Your chart, relocated to Tel Aviv, should be
                                considered together with your natal. I always
                                calculate progressions for my birthplace no matter
                                where I am. I don't know if you want to calculate them
                                for Cluj or relocated to Tel Aviv; I guess it's up to
                                you.

                                You have fixed star parans in your natal, and you also
                                have them as ongoing transiting events at Tel Aviv or
                                wherever else you might be at a given moment.

                                Mark A. Holmes

                                __________________________________
                              • Gaby Mittelman
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005

                                  Dear Mark,

                                   So kind of you to answer...

                                  If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed stars?

                                  Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956

                                  Cluj Romania

                                  And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel .

                                  I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the progressed charts- so which one should I use ?

                                  million thanks

                                  Gaby

                                • Shawhouse
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                    I only consider the birth chart for personality analysis and
                                    progressions, with the exception of Solar Returns, which I do for the
                                    location where Return occurs. There is a school of thinking that
                                    believes in relocating. I've found doing so provides an insight into
                                    shadow energy, adding another layer of understanding. For me, doing so
                                    dilutes clarity. I believe one has to limit oneself to the approaches
                                    that work best, because there are so many possibilities that using too
                                    many would make the whole art or astrology unworkable. I'd suggest
                                    experimenting with your own chart.
                                    Diana S.

                                  • Trishmare7@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                      In a message dated 11/3/2005 4:50:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
                                      I have mars,
                                      chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB
                                      Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden Fleece" of ancient Greek fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces in gold-bearing streams and letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's whence the legend of a golden fleece came?

                                      Trish
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                        hmmm, that might work here in Ca where we have several gold bearing
                                        streams... will have to remember that... ;-) MissB

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                          And jupiter the great benefic rules Pisces and in my chart is
                                          conjunct Fomalhaut so hey, waht a great idea... MissB

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                            --- Trishmare7@... wrote:

                                            > Standard Time,
                                            > msbhavens1@... writes:
                                            >
                                            > I have mars,
                                            > chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I
                                            > am! MissB

                                            > Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden
                                            > Fleece" of ancient Greek
                                            > fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces
                                            > in gold-bearing streams and
                                            > letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's
                                            > whence the legend of a
                                            > golden fleece came?

                                            I think Aries was supposed to be a magical flying ram
                                            with golden fleece which was sent to rescue Phrixus
                                            and his sister Helle from their evil stepmother (funny
                                            how stepmothers in myths and in fairy tales are always
                                            evil). Helle fell off into the strait called the
                                            Hellespont after her (now known as the Dardanelles, it
                                            connects the Sea of Marmara with the Aegean Sea).
                                            Phrixus, after reaching his destination of Colchis
                                            (now known as the Republic of Georgia), sacrificed the
                                            ram to the gods.

                                            I think sheep fleeces may indeed have been used as
                                            gold pans in ancient Greece.

                                            You have to work your imagination some to see a ram in
                                            the Aries star pattern--but then, that's true of a lot
                                            of constellations.

                                            Mark A. Holmes

                                            __________________________________
                                            http://farechase.yahoo.com
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                              yeah, three whole stars, big whup! MissB

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 7, 2005
                                                --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Gaby Mittelman"
                                                <gabymitt@z...> wrote:

                                                > Dear Mark,
                                                >

                                                > So kind of you to answer...
                                                >
                                                > If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed
                                                stars?

                                                I could give you a list of fixed star alignments from SolarFire and
                                                let you look them up and figure out what they mean to you.

                                                > Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956
                                                >
                                                > Cluj Romania
                                                >

                                                > And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel.
                                                >

                                                > I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the
                                                progressed
                                                > charts- so which one should I use ?

                                                I don't know what you mean.