Favorite constellations

  • Trishmare7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 1, 2005
      In a message dated 10/31/2005 8:07:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
      I have to Say Orion is my favorite constellation and the one I can
      ALWAYS spot in the sky no matter what, I've often wondered if that
      holds any significance for an individual?  There is a refrain from a
      song that I heard once, I have no clue about the rest of the song,
      but the refrain sticks in my head... Orions arms are wide enough to
      hold us all together, though we are worlds apart.

      MissB
      An interesting thought--does our favorite constellation hold any relevance for us outside of the fact? My favorite constellation is Scorpio--not only is it lovely to look at, but it comes "out" in the summertime, when everything is warm. Orion is a winter constellation and though I love looking at him, just bringing his image to mind sends the chill of winter nights across my skin. Stargazing is better in the winter though--at least where I live. Clearer skies, less humidity.

      Trish
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 2, 2005
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@a... wrote:

        > In a message dated 10/31/2005 8:07:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        > msbhavens1@y... writes:
        >
        > I have to Say Orion is my favorite constellation and the one I can
        > ALWAYS spot in the sky no matter what, I've often wondered if that
        > holds any significance for an individual? There is a refrain from a
        > song that I heard once, I have no clue about the rest of the song,
        > but the refrain sticks in my head... Orions arms are wide enough to
        > hold us all together, though we are worlds apart.
        >
        > MissB
        >

        > An interesting thought--does our favorite constellation hold any
        relevance
        > for us outside of the fact? My favorite constellation is
        Scorpio--not only is
        > it lovely to look at, but it comes "out" in the summertime, when
        everything is
        > warm. Orion is a winter constellation and though I love looking at
        him, just
        > bringing his image to mind sends the chill of winter nights across
        my skin.
        > Stargazing is better in the winter though--at least where I live.
        Clearer
        > skies, less humidity.
        >
        > Trish

        When I was ten years old and more interested in astronomy than
        astrology (and had this kid-like massive interest in foxes), Vulpecula
        was my favorite constellation. Libra, the constellation corresponding
        to my Sun-sign, isn't a very spectacular sight, either, unlike Scorpius.

        Patrick Moore's *Amateur Astronomy*, which I read at least two dozen
        times as a little kid, gives very short shrift to Lynx and
        Camelopardalis, two constellations which turned out to be a lot more
        interesting from the standpoint of an amateur astronomy than he made
        them out to be.

        And astronomy turned out to be even more interesting to me when it was
        demonstrated to me that astronomical phenomena had a direct influence
        on people and their doings, the study of which we call astrology.

        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 2, 2005
          I've never figured out how people can divorce the subjects myself.
          MissB

        • Trishmare7@aol.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 2, 2005
            Me either.

            Trish

            In a message dated 11/2/2005 5:08:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
            I've never figured out how people can divorce the subjects myself.
            MissB

            > When I was ten years old and more interested in astronomy than
            > astrology (and had this kid-like massive interest in foxes),
            Vulpecula
            > was my favorite constellation. Libra, the constellation
            corresponding
            > to my Sun-sign, isn't a very spectacular sight, either, unlike
            Scorpius.

            > Patrick Moore's *Amateur Astronomy*, which I read at least two dozen
            > times as a little kid, gives very short shrift to Lynx and
            > Camelopardalis, two constellations which turned out to be a lot more
            > interesting from the standpoint of an amateur astronomy than he made
            > them out to be.
            >
            > And astronomy turned out to be even more interesting to me when it
            was
            > demonstrated to me that astronomical phenomena had a direct
            influence
            > on people and their doings, the study of which we call astrology.
            >
            > Mark A. Holmes

          • Derek Reveres
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
              Orion was the first constellation I gfot acquainted with, and i did so 2
              years ago when Saturn was lingering around his belt and "equipment". Saturn
              was a very influential planet in my life 2 years ago, so I as well can find
              this constellation anywhere.

              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                Saturn is very strong in my natal chart in Aquarius in the 4th his
                temple, so I have strong Saturn issues myself, he is also the base of
                a T square in my chart neptune 12 sco, Venus 12 Tau sat 10 Aqu, and I
                have lib rising so Venus allegedly rules my chart in her sign in the
                7th but I"m never quite certain with those two whose leading the way.

                MissB

                --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
                <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                > >was my favorite constellation. Libra, the constellation
                corresponding
                > >to my Sun-sign, isn't a very spectacular sight, either, unlike
                Scorpius.

                > >Patrick Moore's *Amateur Astronomy*, which I read at least two
                dozen
                > >times as a little kid, gives very short shrift to Lynx and
                > >Camelopardalis, two constellations which turned out to be a lot
                more
                > >interesting from the standpoint of an amateur astronomy than he
                made
                > >them out to be.
                > >
                > >And astronomy turned out to be even more interesting to me when it
                was
                > >demonstrated to me that astronomical phenomena had a direct
                influence
                > >on people and their doings, the study of which we call astrology.

              • Derek Reveres
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                  We have some in common. I have Venus in my Ascending Taurus as well (though
                  she is in XII not I). I also have a Mutable T-Square with Sun Opposing
                  Saturn and both squaring my Moon. Saturn is in my Virgo Stellium which
                  opposes my Pisces Sun (in XII). Quite the interesting group. My mom is
                  also a Capricorn. When I looked at Saturn's transits at first examining
                  Astrology, I was amazed to find that Saturn was in Cap when my mom got a
                  divorce, it was in Aquarius during the year's I was most influenced by my
                  brother (an Aquarius), in Pisces during a wave of depression and religious
                  disillusionment. It was in Aries when I married my wife (an Aries) and when
                  it entered Gem I started studying Astrology and the Occult a lot. So it
                  definitely had a huge impact on me. Currently my most potent planet is
                  Uranus, which natally forms an applying square to my Retrograde Mars.

                  -Derek-

                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                    LOL uranus is currently opposite my Pluto and conjunct chiron in my
                    chart, the thought of marrying a pisces terrifies me, I have a male
                    friend who is apisces who's ex-wifes birthday is same day and year as
                    mine. I told him I'm his personal twilight zone, he can't escape. LOL
                    YOu should have seen the look on his face! sigh... I have mars,
                    chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB

                    <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > >temple, so I have strong Saturn issues myself, he is also the base
                    of
                    > >a T square in my chart neptune 12 sco, Venus 12 Tau sat 10 Aqu,
                    and I
                    > >have lib rising so Venus allegedly rules my chart in her sign in
                    the
                    > >7th but I"m never quite certain with those two whose leading the
                    way.

                    > >MissB
                    > >

                    > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
                    > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Orion was the first constellation I gfot acquainted with, and i
                    did
                    > >so 2
                    > > > years ago when Saturn was lingering around his belt
                    > >and "equipment". Saturn
                    > > > was a very influential planet in my life 2 years ago, so I as

                  • Derek Reveres
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                      Can't escape i love it.
                      I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean nature to them,
                      they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just with a
                      little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was trying to figure
                      out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that affected
                      multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just after
                      usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs? Still haven't
                      studied it much tho.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                        One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
                        Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
                        successfully. usually sun and air make good mates and earth and
                        water, but with neighboring signs you break that normal connection
                        and can do so successfully. I suspect its because so many of the
                        faster moving planets may tend to be clustered in the neighboring
                        sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.

                        Beth

                        wrote:

                        Standard

                        > >one I
                        > >if
                        > >refrain
                        > >the

                        > >hold any

                        > >when it
                        > >astrology.

                      • Derek Reveres
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                          I guess one way to look at it would that, for example, a good number of
                          Pisces will have a progressed Sun in Aries, which means they understand the
                          Arien nature on a very subconscious level. On the Other Side when the Sun
                          is Pisces it is in the stars of Aquarius. So I guess this might have
                          answered my question. Any sign, by this definition, would understand and
                          have the traits of those signs preceeding and following it.

                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                            well as an Arian I have 3 planets in Pisces and Venus in Taurus, I
                            suspect others are same? The Piscean in question has Aries moon
                            conjunct my Sun & Mercury, so would make sense that he'd have
                            attraction toward ARian females. ANd his natal sun conj my Jupiter.
                            Generally I get along best with Leo and Aquarian Males... go figure.

                            <l_awake_l@h...> wrote:

> [...]
                            > >sign, but I haven't really looked at the data.
                            > >
                            > >Beth
                            > >

                            > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
                            > ><l_awake_l@h...> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Can't escape i love it.
                            > > > I've found a lot of Aries seem to have a somewhat Piscean
                            nature to
                            > >them,
                            > > > they are very dreamy and very spiritual (the ones I've met) just
                            > >with a
                            > > > little more grounding than your typical fish. I once was
                            trying to
                            > >figure
                            > > > out if maybe there was some strong underlying influence that
                            > >affected
                            > > > multiple signs. Ever noticed that the sign just before and just
                            > >after
                            > > > usually shares some very unique traits with the other signs?

                          • Mihaela Dicu
                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005
                              Hello, Beth!

                              >Original Message: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>

                              >One book on sign compatability I was reading (I think it was Terry
                              >Lamb) was saying that neighboring signs break the compatability rule
                              >successfully.

                              Confirmed by statistics.
                              See the work of Gunther Sachs (Germany) and Didier Castille (French).
                              For Castille's article "Sunny Day for a Wedding" go to:
                              http://www.astralis.it/13cas2en.doc or
                              http://www.aureas.org/rams/castille02us.pdf

                              Mihaela
                              (F, Romania, Europe)
                            • Gaby Mittelman
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 3, 2005

                                Hello group !

                                I have a question pls.

                                At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj – Romania to Tel Aviv Israel .

                                 Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider the E/ W of the place I live now when I make a progression chart ?

                                 or any other chart regarding to date ?

                                Thank you for your help

                                Gaby

                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                  --- Gaby Mittelman <gabymitt@...> wrote:

                                  > Hello group !
                                  >

                                  > I have a question pls.
                                  >

                                  > At the age of 17 I moved from Cluj -Romania to Tel
                                  > Aviv Israel.
                                  >
                                  > Does this change my chart ? do I have to consider
                                  > the E/ W of the place I
                                  > live now when I make a progression chart ?
                                  >
                                  > or any other chart regarding to date ?
                                  >

                                  > Thank you for your help
                                  >

                                  > Gaby

                                  Your chart, relocated to Tel Aviv, should be
                                  considered together with your natal. I always
                                  calculate progressions for my birthplace no matter
                                  where I am. I don't know if you want to calculate them
                                  for Cluj or relocated to Tel Aviv; I guess it's up to
                                  you.

                                  You have fixed star parans in your natal, and you also
                                  have them as ongoing transiting events at Tel Aviv or
                                  wherever else you might be at a given moment.

                                  Mark A. Holmes

                                  __________________________________
                                • Gaby Mittelman
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005

                                    Dear Mark,

                                     So kind of you to answer...

                                    If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed stars?

                                    Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956

                                    Cluj Romania

                                    And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel .

                                    I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the progressed charts- so which one should I use ?

                                    million thanks

                                    Gaby

                                  • Shawhouse
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                      I only consider the birth chart for personality analysis and
                                      progressions, with the exception of Solar Returns, which I do for the
                                      location where Return occurs. There is a school of thinking that
                                      believes in relocating. I've found doing so provides an insight into
                                      shadow energy, adding another layer of understanding. For me, doing so
                                      dilutes clarity. I believe one has to limit oneself to the approaches
                                      that work best, because there are so many possibilities that using too
                                      many would make the whole art or astrology unworkable. I'd suggest
                                      experimenting with your own chart.
                                      Diana S.

                                    • Trishmare7@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                        In a message dated 11/3/2005 4:50:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
                                        I have mars,
                                        chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I am! MissB
                                        Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden Fleece" of ancient Greek fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces in gold-bearing streams and letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's whence the legend of a golden fleece came?

                                        Trish
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                          hmmm, that might work here in Ca where we have several gold bearing
                                          streams... will have to remember that... ;-) MissB

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                            And jupiter the great benefic rules Pisces and in my chart is
                                            conjunct Fomalhaut so hey, waht a great idea... MissB

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                              --- Trishmare7@... wrote:

                                              > Standard Time,
                                              > msbhavens1@... writes:
                                              >
                                              > I have mars,
                                              > chiron and Jupiter all in Pisces... whata wet ram I
                                              > am! MissB

                                              > Isn't there a legend connected with the "Golden
                                              > Fleece" of ancient Greek
                                              > fame that there was a habit of putting Ram's fleeces
                                              > in gold-bearing streams and
                                              > letting the fleece catch the gold? Some say that's
                                              > whence the legend of a
                                              > golden fleece came?

                                              I think Aries was supposed to be a magical flying ram
                                              with golden fleece which was sent to rescue Phrixus
                                              and his sister Helle from their evil stepmother (funny
                                              how stepmothers in myths and in fairy tales are always
                                              evil). Helle fell off into the strait called the
                                              Hellespont after her (now known as the Dardanelles, it
                                              connects the Sea of Marmara with the Aegean Sea).
                                              Phrixus, after reaching his destination of Colchis
                                              (now known as the Republic of Georgia), sacrificed the
                                              ram to the gods.

                                              I think sheep fleeces may indeed have been used as
                                              gold pans in ancient Greece.

                                              You have to work your imagination some to see a ram in
                                              the Aries star pattern--but then, that's true of a lot
                                              of constellations.

                                              Mark A. Holmes

                                              __________________________________
                                              http://farechase.yahoo.com
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 4, 2005
                                                yeah, three whole stars, big whup! MissB

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Nov 7, 2005
                                                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Gaby Mittelman"
                                                  <gabymitt@z...> wrote:

                                                  > Dear Mark,
                                                  >

                                                  > So kind of you to answer...
                                                  >
                                                  > If I gave you my dates could u explain me more about MY fixed
                                                  stars?

                                                  I could give you a list of fixed star alignments from SolarFire and
                                                  let you look them up and figure out what they mean to you.

                                                  > Born at 3.30 am 25/1/1956
                                                  >
                                                  > Cluj Romania
                                                  >

                                                  > And in 1973 May moved to Tel Aviv- Israel.
                                                  >

                                                  > I made my charts, and they give me different houses in the
                                                  progressed
                                                  > charts- so which one should I use ?

                                                  I don't know what you mean.