Orion's "equipment"

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005

      msbhavens1 wrote:

      >I've always thought it was prudery that changed it to a sword and that
      >he was never carrying (a detached type) one to begin with,

      <snip>

      >I'm fairly certain taht sword tip is his personal equipment and never
      >was a sword in original astrology... maybe depicted as such by those
      >who were a tad prudish? or by some guys who were intimidated by his
      >sword..EG.

      LOL!

      I came to the same conclusion years ago, and have been mentioning it
      in lectures ever since!

      This is from my book:

      I believe the huge Cerne Abbas Giant, a 200-foot fertility figure
      with an erect, 30-foot-long phallus, cut into turf on Giant Hill in
      Dorset, England by Durotriges Celtic tribesmen 1,300-1,500 years ago,
      was based on the constellation of Orion. He holds an upraised club in
      his right hand, and aerial photographs show traces of a cloak hanging
      over his out-stretched left arm. Tradition had it that if a barren
      woman spent a night sleeping on the pertinent part of his anatomy,
      she would conceive – which fits the attribute of the Orion nebula as
      a fertile “star-nursery”!

      http://www.sacredsites.com/europe/england/cerne_giant.html