Re: Sirius on Asc

  • celestejamerson
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4, 2005
      Dear Diana,

      I love reading your information on the stars on this list. You
      mention a book that you wrote. I went to Amazon, but couldn't find
      it. Would you mind giving the information on where to purchase your book?

      Best regards,

      Celeste

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg"

    • Diana K. Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 5, 2005

        Celeste wrote:

        >Dear Diana,

        >I love reading your information on the stars on this list. You
        >mention a book that you wrote. I went to Amazon, but couldn't find
        >it. Would you mind giving the information on where to purchase your book?

        >Best regards, Celeste

        The book is written, but I have not been able to find a
        publisher (it's very "fat" and publishers worry about cost
        vs earnings). I'm looking into self-publishing
        possibilities.

        I do have Workbooks that I sell (one is Fixed Stars, the
        other Lunar Mansions).

        Since Yahoogroups doesn't accept attachments, I'll try a
        cut-and-paste.

        NEW FIXED STAR WORKBOOK

        Diana K Rosenberg

        * 67 pp, 178 stars (with new interpretations) from 49 constellations, covering 103°
        ~more stars than any other book (Rigor has 124, Robson 110, Ebertin 73; Brady lists
        176 stars, has interpretations for 64). Mundane interpretations are included

        * With each star is its Constellation, Longitude, Latitude, Declination, Right Ascension,
        Magnitude and Spectral Class

        * A list of 104 Black Holes, with the Constellation, Longitude, Latitude and
        Declination of each

        * 9 pages of new Sky Maps with Constellations, Stars, with Right Ascension and
        Declination lines, so that stars can be located on star maps (and in the sky!)

        * Constellation spans (all constellations, including obsolete, no-longer-used figures)

        NAKSHATRAS, MANZILS, HSIU

        HINDU, ARABIC & CHINESE

        LUNAR MANSIONS

        RESEARCH WORKBOOK

        Diana K Rosenberg

        * Original determinant stars and their positions and interpretations, set in columns side by side
        so that the interpretations may be compared.

        * Descriptions from the most ancient and/or reliable sources, among them Al Biruni,
        Varahamihira, Minaraja, Staal, Lockyer, Walters, Robson, Volguine, Roebuck

        * Star maps with the original determinant stars of each mansion outlined and color-coded.

        * List of 205 stars with their tropical Longitudes, Latitudes, Declinations, Right Ascensions,
        Magnitudes and Spectral Classes

        * List of suggested new extents and borders for Hindu mansions based on their original
        determinant stars (with the conventional spans included as well, for comparison), the
        determinant stars and their positions, and instructions for calculating precession correction
        and sidereal (Lahiri) positions

        * Valerie Roebuck's research on the original Vedic mansion rulers

        * Greek letter guide

        * Bibliography

        Diana K Rosenberg
        100 La Salle St 6A
        New York, NY 10027

        212 663 2243

        e-mail: ye-stars@...

        Website: http://pw1.netcom.com/~ye-stars/index.htm

        The Workbooks are $35 each, plus postage. They are not bound
        but in folders.

        You can read some of my articles on the website, and obtain information
        about the Fixed Stars and Constellations Encyclopedia/Correspondence Course

        (The website is being worked on by my son, so some links are
        not working yet - if you need any more info, just e-mail me)

        Love, Diana
      • Martina
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 5, 2005
          Hey Diana,...
          thought about maybe an e-book??
          I know I try and keep most of my info on the computer
          (only my files are mostly asteroids) but I have so many books,..
          groan, trying to find the right one in the piles somewhere is such a
          pain,...
          How about it? Circumvent the publishers and make all the money for yourself.
          I think there's some way to make it password protected pdf or something,....
          Just a thought,.. we've been renovating and I can't find a darn thing in
          this place,...
          my books are in piles everywhere without enough bookshelves,.... we just
          finally finished the kitchen,.. and you know,.. I can't seem to find my
          favourite bowls,.... arrgh,... the only thing that is even close to
          organized (sorta) is my computer,....Around the computer is a different
          story though,.. sob,... hundreds of pieces of paper, interesting charts
          which I've forgotten to put names to, disks, books, binders,... a real
          embarrassment.

          I've always been blown away by your analysis of events on Steve Lee's
          list,.... but up till now have been concentrating on asteroids and TNPs and
          getting my own flow going,.. though the stars have been an interest,.. and
          its definitely because I see you can make them work!!
          For that matter I think Mark should do the same with all the work he's
          put into asteroids as well.
          I've got my own thing going,.. trying to see how many things I can jam into
          a chart before my head explodes. I think its actually happened a few times
          already,.. but I guess its a rush or something,.... hehe,...
          at any rate, I'm enjoying this list,.... :-) , even though I'm at stage zero
          of the learning process.

          Martina