Re: Zubenelgenubi

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2005
      you know, claws make sense for scales as well, especially if you
      think of justice in terms of retribution. I like to think its more a
      matter of making sure one has the story straight and not abusing
      innocents, but often people are more bent on revenge than justice.
      sigh... I do wonder where the balance is.

      MissB

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, skar mkhan <kergezerge@g...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Diana,
      > With 'a' it's definitlely closer to the original Arabic name, even
      if this
      > is the less often used form now. (as far as i know in cl. arabic
      there were
      > 'a', 'i' and 'u' only)
      > good luck,
      > skar mkhan
      > http://domeofthesky.com/clicks/zubenelgenubi.html :
      > Other names for the star are Elgenubi, Kiffa Australis, or Elkhiffa
      > Australis.
      >
      > Zubenelgenubi and Elgenubi derive from the Arabic name *Al Zuban al
      > Janubiyyah*, "The Southern Claw." This name reflects the fact that
      the stars
      > of Libra once formed the claws of the Scorpion, Scorpius, the next
      Zodiac