Sirius and dog bites

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2005

      Judy wrote:

      >You left out the part about death by dog bite! Still could
      >happen I suppose. I DID get rabies shots about 5 years ago
      >after being bitten by a bat, Hahaha. I have 2 dogs, a Beagle
      >and a hound, not much chance of them bitting me to death
      >unless they get VERY VERY hungry.

      I was skeptical about the dog bite part until I came across
      the date and time of the most famous dog bite in history -
      this is from my book (and later I found two other examples
      of bites of canids:

      Sirius is in the jaw of the Greater Dog, and this was the
      Sun at perhaps the most famous dog-bite in history:
      9-year-old Joseph Meister was bitten by a rabid dog in 1885;
      rushed to Paris, he was saved from a terrible death by
      Pasteur's new, untested rabies vaccine, and Pasteur was
      hailed as a hero. This was the natal Mercury (ruler Asc, MC)
      of Azaria Chamberlain, a 2-month-old baby eaten by an
      Australian dingo (wild dog). In China Sirius was the "Wolf
      Star," and Mars was here in 1996 when a sleeping 11-year-old
      camping with his family at Algonquin Park, Ontario, was
      attacked and dragged from his sleeping bag by a wolf (his
      face was severely bitten, but he survived).

      (The date, place and time that Joseph Meister was bitten was
      given in Pasteur's lab notes: July 4, 1885, 8 AM LMT,
      Meissengott, nr Schlestadt, Alsace-Lorraine, 48N16, 7E27)

      >Sirius and my ascendant are 47 degrees from my Jupiter (at
      >1* Virgo) so I feel good about that. Not much in the way of
      >fame or wealth going on here, but I like the part about
      >being a custodian, curator or guardian since my job involves
      >the supervision of operations and maintenance of most
      >building systems(Heating, Ventilation, Air- conditioning as
      >well as plumbing, electrical, water, etc) in large
      >government buildings. Judy

      Well, as I have indicated, Sirius is the calendar star, and
      as astrologers, we are, in a sense, "calendar keepers,"
      custodians and guardians of ancient knowledge; see hexagram
      49 of the I Ching - I was told by an I Ching expert that
      this was the astrologers' hexagram.