Fwd: Re: [thefixedstars] Sirius on Asc

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, betelgeuse <betelggeuse@y...>
      wrote:
      > Quebec is North Latitude, Sirius South Latitude. That debilitates
      a lot the star influence. Supposedly only the stars in your
      hemisphere would be potent. Then we have the matter of preciseness,
      has your chart being rectified? May be your true ascendant moves
      when rectified and is 1 deg or more, apart from the Star.

      > Sirius is the brightest star, it is said to be "the sun of our
      sun", and I consider it brings an influence from another world, of a
      higher level to ours, not very akin to common life.

      > As to manifestation, it would be favored when a slow planet is
      transiting the point, or when a lunation or eclipse contacts your
      ascendant, either by the sun/moon body, or the MC or ASC of the
      lunation or eclipse.

      > kindly,
      >
      > alhena casanova

      Hi, thanks, a.c.
      About rectification, I've always used the time that was on the paper
      from the hospital so I figure it is pretty acurate.
      Maybe there are other influences at work.

      Does anybody know anybody else who has Sirius anywhere important on
      their chart? What is his/her life like?

      I have another star, Ceginus, conjunct my Mars, but not as close as
      Sirius is on my asc. My Mars is 3*49'25" Scorpio, and the star was
      at 3*41 in 1900, and 5*06 in 2000. At least I think it isn't as
      close, haven't really done the Math. Both well within the 1 degree,
      though. This star's information seems a lot closer, I think. I also
      found the info at:
      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/)

      Judy