Solstice/The Eyes

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
      Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 03:16:21 -0000
      From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
      Subject: The Eyes (was "solstice")

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@y...>
      wrote:
      > 0 Libra
      >
      > can you tell me what stars were up when the sun hit 0 libra, at 34
      > north 118 west?

      Using Bernadette Brady's excellent Starlight Program: Venus
      rising near Alpha and Mu Librae in Scales; above Venus
      Jupiter at Spica, and above that, Sun and Mercury at the
      head of the Virgin; co-rising, stars of Vela and Puppis
      (Argo Navis)

      Mark wrote:

      >I found out something interesting.

      >There's a pair of galaxies in Virgo, NGC 4435 and NGC 4438, known
      >collectively as The Eyes because that's what they look like in a
      >telescope.

      http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/images/Astr110.Spring
      2005/Postema.html

      >I noticed when I entered The Eyes into my fixed-star database in
      >SolarFire 5 that I have The Eyes aligned with my natal Sun at 0
      >Libra 19 within a 1 00' orb.

      Thank you Mark!

      "The Eyes" are now 1 Libra 15; in 2000 they were 1 Libra 10.
      They are above the Virgin's right shoulder, in her right
      wing.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
        sign of the Voyeur? the watcher? the seer? the observer? just
        thinking of what a pair of watching eyes might suggest? MissB

        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
          --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

          > sign of the Voyeur? the watcher? the seer? the
          > observer? just
          > thinking of what a pair of watching eyes might
          > suggest? MissB

          I've never been into voyeurism, but the others may
          apply. :)

          Mark A. Holmes