Re: [thefixedstars] Fixed star alignments (October 2, 2005)--revised

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 2, 2005
      > --- Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > at noon CDT today
      > >
      > > Jupiter
      > >

      > > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
      > >
      > > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
      > >
      > > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)
      > >

      > > Saturn
      > >
      > > Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)

      The Asellus Borealis alignment with Saturn is over.

      > > Uranus
      > >

      > > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
      > >
      > > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
      > >

      > > Neptune
      > >

      > > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      > >

      > > Pluto
      > >

      > > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)
      > >

      > > Ceres
      > >

      > > Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

      Also known as Dschubba. "It causes sudden assaults,
      malevolence, immorality and shamelessness." (Robson)

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Dschubba.html

      Said to have a connection with research.

      > > Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

      "It causes immorality, shamelessness and revolution."
      (Robson)

      > > Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/YedPosterior.html

      The star "behind" in the Hand (the left hand of
      Ophiuchus, which holds the front end of Serpens the
      Snake; Yed Prior and Yed Posterior both mark this
      hand).

      (that which does not grasp the serpent first, but
      comes behind and helps keep hold of it?)

      > > Graffias (Beta Scorpii)

      "It causes extreme malevolence, mercilessness,
      fiendishness, repulsiveness, malice, theft, crime,
      pestilence, and contagious diseases." (Robson)

      > > Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

      I believe this marks either the sharp point of the
      Drafting Compass that you put down on the paper to
      hold the compass steady when you're drawing a circle
      or the pencil that draws the circle.

      (Drawing a circle around somebody?)

      > > Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58, has a nebula around
      > > it,
      > > viewed by the Chandra X-ray Observatory satellite)
      > >
      > > http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2001/1175/

      I haven't researched this one much, but Circinus is
      said by Robson to have a "revengeful, violent,
      grasping and tenacious nature."

      > > Pallas
      > >
      > > Ceginus (Phi Bootis, marking [I think] the hand of
      > > Bootes the Herdsman that's holding the leashes of
      > > Canes Venatici the Hunting Dogs,

      actually, the top of the staff that he holds in his
      right hand

      or the obsolete
      > > constellation Quadrans Muralis, the Mural
      > Quadrant;
      > > therefore, maybe we can call it Quadrans)

      Quadrans is said by Robson to give "a scientific mind,
      rectitude, justice, idealism and penetration."

      > > Juno
      > >

      > > Hoedus I (Zeta Aurigae--one of the Kids, a
      > triangle
      > > of
      > > three stars south of Capella, the others being
      > > Epsilon
      > > Aurigae, at the top of the triangle, and Eta
      > Aurigae
      > > [Hoedus II])
      > >
      > > Hoedus II (Eta Aurigae)

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Hoedus1.html

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Hoedus11.html

      "In classical times it had a bad reputation,
      especially among mariners who dreaded its presaging
      the storms on the Mediterranean." (Noonan)

      > > Nihal (Beta Leporis, in Lepus the Hare)

      Marking the belly of the Hare (a notoriously fertile
      animal).

      (Something [troubles] multiplying like rabbits? Issues
      relating to reproduction? Maybe the FDA's continued
      reluctance to approve "the morning-after pill".)

      > > Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis, a planetary
      > > nebula)
      > >
      > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph_Nebula

      A more or less circular figure drawn, as if to define
      a parameter or mark somebody off.

      > > Vesta
      > >

      > > Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis, marking the heart
      > > of
      > > Monoceros the Unicorn)

      "the soul of purity"(?)

      > > Chiron
      > >
      > > Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)
      > >

      > > North Node
      > >

      > > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
      > >
      > > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)
      >
      > The Blue Snowball (NGC 7662 Andromedae, a planetary
      > nebula between Iota Andromedae [Gladius Frederici]
      > and
      > Omicron Andromedae, near Frederici Honores or the
      > chain on Andromeda's right hand)

      Snowballs can be used as a weapon. The Blue
      Snowball--a malicious weapon?

      > > South Node
      > >

      > > Algorab (Delta Corvi)
      > >
      > > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

      Well, besides the homelessness and possible health
      issues caused by the hurricanes here in the US, Tom
      DeLay's problems have been much in the news; he's been
      forced to step down as House Majority Leader after
      being indicted by a state grand jury in Austin for
      violating Texas campaign finance laws. He claims this
      is a political vendetta on the part of the Democrats
      (the Austin prosecutor who's been investigating him,
      Ronnie Earle, is a Democrat, but has prosecuted a lot
      of politicians from his own party, too).

      Elian Gonzalez, now 11, says he considers Fidel Castro
      a friend and says his Miami relatives were trying to
      turn him against his father. His Miami relatives, for
      their part, are not sure if Elian really believes what
      he's saying. (Neither am I, to be honest. If he could
      speak outside Castro's reach, then we'd find out, I
      think.)(Nekkar?)

      Then there's the latest terrorist bombing in Bali, a
      South African farmer who just got life in prison for
      feeding an ex-employee to lions (Graffias?); flash
      flooding in Kansas, wildfires in the Los Angeles area,
      a volcanic eruption in El Salvador that has caused
      people to flee their homes (Sadalachbia?), and Turkey
      is about to start negotiations to join the EU, but the
      misgivings of some conservatives in Europe might be
      starting to cause problems (Nekkar?)

      Also, there's serious labor unrest in Corsica; a
      cruise vessel capsized on Lake Champlain between New
      York and Vermont, killing more than 20 people; another
      space tourist (Greg Olson) has gone up on a Russian
      rocket; news reports say that a lot of sexually active
      teenage boys have chlamydia and urine testing might be
      a good way to screen for that (Hoedus I and II?)

      Mark A. Holmes

      __________________________________
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 5, 2005
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@y...>
        wrote:
        > 0 Libra
        >
        > can you tell me what stars were up when the sun hit 0 libra, at 34
        > north 118 west?

        I found out something interesting.

        There's a pair of galaxies in Virgo, NGC 4435 and NGC 4438, known
        collectively as The Eyes because that's what they look like in a
        telescope.

        http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/images/Astr110.Spring
        2005/Postema.html

        I noticed when I entered The Eyes into my fixed-star database in
        SolarFire 5 that I have The Eyes aligned with my natal Sun at 0
        Libra 19 within a 1 00' orb.