Fixed star alignments (October 2, 2005)

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005
      at noon CDT today

      Jupiter

      Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

      Spica (Alpha Virginis)

      Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

      Saturn

      Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)

      Uranus

      Biham (Theta Pegasi)

      Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

      Neptune

      Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

      Pluto

      Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)

      Ceres

      Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

      Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

      Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

      Graffias (Beta Scorpii)

      Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

      Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58, has a nebula around it,
      viewed by the Chandra X-ray Observatory satellite)

      http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2001/1175/

      Pallas

      Ceginus (Phi Bootis, marking [I think] the hand of
      Bootes the Herdsman that's holding the leashes of
      Canes Venatici the Hunting Dogs, or the obsolete
      constellation Quadrans Muralis, the Mural Quadrant;
      therefore, maybe we can call it Quadrans)

      Juno

      Hoedus I (Zeta Aurigae--one of the Kids, a triangle of
      three stars south of Capella, the others being Epsilon
      Aurigae, at the top of the triangle, and Eta Aurigae
      [Hoedus II])

      Hoedus II (Eta Aurigae)

      Nihal (Beta Leporis, in Lepus the Hare)

      Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis, a planetary nebula)

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph_Nebula

      Vesta

      Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis, marking the heart of
      Monoceros the Unicorn)

      Chiron

      Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)

      North Node

      Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)

      Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

      South Node

      Algorab (Delta Corvi)

      Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

      __________________________________
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005

        > at noon CDT today
        >
        > Jupiter
        >

        > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
        >
        > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
        >
        > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)
        >

        > Saturn
        >
        > Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
        >
        > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > Isidis (Delta Scorpii)
        >
        > Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Graffias (Beta Scorpii)
        >
        > Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)
        >
        > Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58, has a nebula around
        > it,
        > viewed by the Chandra X-ray Observatory satellite)
        >
        > http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2001/1175/
        >

        > Pallas
        >
        > Ceginus (Phi Bootis, marking [I think] the hand of
        > Bootes the Herdsman that's holding the leashes of
        > Canes Venatici the Hunting Dogs, or the obsolete
        > constellation Quadrans Muralis, the Mural Quadrant;
        > therefore, maybe we can call it Quadrans)
        >

        > Juno
        >

        > Hoedus I (Zeta Aurigae--one of the Kids, a triangle
        > of
        > three stars south of Capella, the others being
        > Epsilon
        > Aurigae, at the top of the triangle, and Eta Aurigae
        > [Hoedus II])
        >
        > Hoedus II (Eta Aurigae)
        >
        > Nihal (Beta Leporis, in Lepus the Hare)
        >
        > Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis, a planetary
        > nebula)
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph_Nebula
        >

        > Vesta
        >

        > Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis, marking the heart
        > of
        > Monoceros the Unicorn)
        >

        > Chiron
        >
        > Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)
        >

        > North Node
        >

        > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
        >
        > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

        The Blue Snowball (NGC 7662 Andromedae, a planetary
        nebula between Iota Andromedae [Gladius Frederici] and
        Omicron Andromedae, near Frederici Honores or the
        chain on Andromeda's right hand)

        > South Node
        >

        > Algorab (Delta Corvi)
        >
        > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

        I'll try to interpret all this later.

        Mark A. Holmes

        __________________________________
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 2, 2005
          > --- Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > at noon CDT today
          > >
          > > Jupiter
          > >

          > > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
          > >
          > > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
          > >
          > > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)
          > >

          > > Saturn
          > >
          > > Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)

          The Asellus Borealis alignment with Saturn is over.

          > > Uranus
          > >

          > > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
          > >
          > > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
          > >

          > > Neptune
          > >

          > > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
          > >

          > > Pluto
          > >

          > > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)
          > >

          > > Ceres
          > >

          > > Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

          Also known as Dschubba. "It causes sudden assaults,
          malevolence, immorality and shamelessness." (Robson)

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Dschubba.html

          Said to have a connection with research.

          > > Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

          "It causes immorality, shamelessness and revolution."
          (Robson)

          > > Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/YedPosterior.html

          The star "behind" in the Hand (the left hand of
          Ophiuchus, which holds the front end of Serpens the
          Snake; Yed Prior and Yed Posterior both mark this
          hand).

          (that which does not grasp the serpent first, but
          comes behind and helps keep hold of it?)

          > > Graffias (Beta Scorpii)

          "It causes extreme malevolence, mercilessness,
          fiendishness, repulsiveness, malice, theft, crime,
          pestilence, and contagious diseases." (Robson)

          > > Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

          I believe this marks either the sharp point of the
          Drafting Compass that you put down on the paper to
          hold the compass steady when you're drawing a circle
          or the pencil that draws the circle.

          (Drawing a circle around somebody?)

          > > Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58, has a nebula around
          > > it,
          > > viewed by the Chandra X-ray Observatory satellite)
          > >
          > > http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2001/1175/

          I haven't researched this one much, but Circinus is
          said by Robson to have a "revengeful, violent,
          grasping and tenacious nature."

          > > Pallas
          > >
          > > Ceginus (Phi Bootis, marking [I think] the hand of
          > > Bootes the Herdsman that's holding the leashes of
          > > Canes Venatici the Hunting Dogs,

          actually, the top of the staff that he holds in his
          right hand

          or the obsolete
          > > constellation Quadrans Muralis, the Mural
          > Quadrant;
          > > therefore, maybe we can call it Quadrans)

          Quadrans is said by Robson to give "a scientific mind,
          rectitude, justice, idealism and penetration."

          > > Juno
          > >

          > > Hoedus I (Zeta Aurigae--one of the Kids, a
          > triangle
          > > of
          > > three stars south of Capella, the others being
          > > Epsilon
          > > Aurigae, at the top of the triangle, and Eta
          > Aurigae
          > > [Hoedus II])
          > >
          > > Hoedus II (Eta Aurigae)

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Hoedus1.html

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Hoedus11.html

          "In classical times it had a bad reputation,
          especially among mariners who dreaded its presaging
          the storms on the Mediterranean." (Noonan)

          > > Nihal (Beta Leporis, in Lepus the Hare)

          Marking the belly of the Hare (a notoriously fertile
          animal).

          (Something [troubles] multiplying like rabbits? Issues
          relating to reproduction? Maybe the FDA's continued
          reluctance to approve "the morning-after pill".)

          > > Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis, a planetary
          > > nebula)
          > >
          > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph_Nebula

          A more or less circular figure drawn, as if to define
          a parameter or mark somebody off.

          > > Vesta
          > >

          > > Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis, marking the heart
          > > of
          > > Monoceros the Unicorn)

          "the soul of purity"(?)

          > > Chiron
          > >
          > > Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)
          > >

          > > North Node
          > >

          > > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
          > >
          > > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)
          >
          > The Blue Snowball (NGC 7662 Andromedae, a planetary
          > nebula between Iota Andromedae [Gladius Frederici]
          > and
          > Omicron Andromedae, near Frederici Honores or the
          > chain on Andromeda's right hand)

          Snowballs can be used as a weapon. The Blue
          Snowball--a malicious weapon?

          > > South Node
          > >

          > > Algorab (Delta Corvi)
          > >
          > > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

          Well, besides the homelessness and possible health
          issues caused by the hurricanes here in the US, Tom
          DeLay's problems have been much in the news; he's been
          forced to step down as House Majority Leader after
          being indicted by a state grand jury in Austin for
          violating Texas campaign finance laws. He claims this
          is a political vendetta on the part of the Democrats
          (the Austin prosecutor who's been investigating him,
          Ronnie Earle, is a Democrat, but has prosecuted a lot
          of politicians from his own party, too).

          Elian Gonzalez, now 11, says he considers Fidel Castro
          a friend and says his Miami relatives were trying to
          turn him against his father. His Miami relatives, for
          their part, are not sure if Elian really believes what
          he's saying. (Neither am I, to be honest. If he could
          speak outside Castro's reach, then we'd find out, I
          think.)(Nekkar?)

          Then there's the latest terrorist bombing in Bali, a
          South African farmer who just got life in prison for
          feeding an ex-employee to lions (Graffias?); flash
          flooding in Kansas, wildfires in the Los Angeles area,
          a volcanic eruption in El Salvador that has caused
          people to flee their homes (Sadalachbia?), and Turkey
          is about to start negotiations to join the EU, but the
          misgivings of some conservatives in Europe might be
          starting to cause problems (Nekkar?)

          Also, there's serious labor unrest in Corsica; a
          cruise vessel capsized on Lake Champlain between New
          York and Vermont, killing more than 20 people; another
          space tourist (Greg Olson) has gone up on a Russian
          rocket; news reports say that a lot of sexually active
          teenage boys have chlamydia and urine testing might be
          a good way to screen for that (Hoedus I and II?)

          Mark A. Holmes

          __________________________________
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 5, 2005
            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@y...>
            wrote:
            > 0 Libra
            >
            > can you tell me what stars were up when the sun hit 0 libra, at 34
            > north 118 west?

            I found out something interesting.

            There's a pair of galaxies in Virgo, NGC 4435 and NGC 4438, known
            collectively as The Eyes because that's what they look like in a
            telescope.

            http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/images/Astr110.Spring
            2005/Postema.html

            I noticed when I entered The Eyes into my fixed-star database in
            SolarFire 5 that I have The Eyes aligned with my natal Sun at 0
            Libra 19 within a 1 00' orb.