Re: Fixed star alignments (September 26, 2005)

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 29, 2005
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@y...>
      wrote:

      > Where I am people are trying to find somewhere to stay because they
      > have been evacuated because of Fire, not water,

      There are lots of ways to become homeless.

      I live down the hill,
      > so no fire worries for me directly, but its a pretty wild time here
      > on the Ventura county, Los Angeles county border right now. 17,000
      > acres and climbing. the wind has died down though so probably out
      > pretty soon. Unless it jumps the freeway and heads for Malibu.
      >
      > What I wonder is how much of this is planetary and how much might
      be
      > seen in the fixed stars? The Ingress chart does seem to be very
      > stressful.

      I think Sirius (aligned with Vesta) is connected to fires. I haven't
      looked at the Ingress chart yet.

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005
        at noon CDT today

        Jupiter

        Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

        Spica (Alpha Virginis)

        Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

        Saturn

        Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)

        Uranus

        Biham (Theta Pegasi)

        Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

        Neptune

        Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

        Pluto

        Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)

        Ceres

        Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

        Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

        Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

        Graffias (Beta Scorpii)

        Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

        Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58, has a nebula around it,
        viewed by the Chandra X-ray Observatory satellite)

        http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2001/1175/

        Pallas

        Ceginus (Phi Bootis, marking [I think] the hand of
        Bootes the Herdsman that's holding the leashes of
        Canes Venatici the Hunting Dogs, or the obsolete
        constellation Quadrans Muralis, the Mural Quadrant;
        therefore, maybe we can call it Quadrans)

        Juno

        Hoedus I (Zeta Aurigae--one of the Kids, a triangle of
        three stars south of Capella, the others being Epsilon
        Aurigae, at the top of the triangle, and Eta Aurigae
        [Hoedus II])

        Hoedus II (Eta Aurigae)

        Nihal (Beta Leporis, in Lepus the Hare)

        Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis, a planetary nebula)

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph_Nebula

        Vesta

        Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis, marking the heart of
        Monoceros the Unicorn)

        Chiron

        Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)

        North Node

        Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)

        Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

        South Node

        Algorab (Delta Corvi)

        Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

        __________________________________
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005

          > at noon CDT today
          >
          > Jupiter
          >

          > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
          >
          > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
          >
          > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)
          >

          > Saturn
          >
          > Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)
          >

          > Uranus
          >

          > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
          >
          > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
          >

          > Neptune
          >

          > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
          >

          > Pluto
          >

          > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)
          >

          > Ceres
          >

          > Isidis (Delta Scorpii)
          >
          > Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)
          >
          > Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)
          >
          > Graffias (Beta Scorpii)
          >
          > Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)
          >
          > Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58, has a nebula around
          > it,
          > viewed by the Chandra X-ray Observatory satellite)
          >
          > http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2001/1175/
          >

          > Pallas
          >
          > Ceginus (Phi Bootis, marking [I think] the hand of
          > Bootes the Herdsman that's holding the leashes of
          > Canes Venatici the Hunting Dogs, or the obsolete
          > constellation Quadrans Muralis, the Mural Quadrant;
          > therefore, maybe we can call it Quadrans)
          >

          > Juno
          >

          > Hoedus I (Zeta Aurigae--one of the Kids, a triangle
          > of
          > three stars south of Capella, the others being
          > Epsilon
          > Aurigae, at the top of the triangle, and Eta Aurigae
          > [Hoedus II])
          >
          > Hoedus II (Eta Aurigae)
          >
          > Nihal (Beta Leporis, in Lepus the Hare)
          >
          > Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis, a planetary
          > nebula)
          >
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph_Nebula
          >

          > Vesta
          >

          > Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis, marking the heart
          > of
          > Monoceros the Unicorn)
          >

          > Chiron
          >
          > Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)
          >

          > North Node
          >

          > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
          >
          > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

          The Blue Snowball (NGC 7662 Andromedae, a planetary
          nebula between Iota Andromedae [Gladius Frederici] and
          Omicron Andromedae, near Frederici Honores or the
          chain on Andromeda's right hand)

          > South Node
          >

          > Algorab (Delta Corvi)
          >
          > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

          I'll try to interpret all this later.

          Mark A. Holmes

          __________________________________
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 2, 2005
            > --- Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > at noon CDT today
            > >
            > > Jupiter
            > >

            > > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
            > >
            > > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
            > >
            > > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)
            > >

            > > Saturn
            > >
            > > Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)

            The Asellus Borealis alignment with Saturn is over.

            > > Uranus
            > >

            > > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
            > >
            > > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
            > >

            > > Neptune
            > >

            > > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
            > >

            > > Pluto
            > >

            > > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)
            > >

            > > Ceres
            > >

            > > Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

            Also known as Dschubba. "It causes sudden assaults,
            malevolence, immorality and shamelessness." (Robson)

            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Dschubba.html

            Said to have a connection with research.

            > > Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

            "It causes immorality, shamelessness and revolution."
            (Robson)

            > > Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/YedPosterior.html

            The star "behind" in the Hand (the left hand of
            Ophiuchus, which holds the front end of Serpens the
            Snake; Yed Prior and Yed Posterior both mark this
            hand).

            (that which does not grasp the serpent first, but
            comes behind and helps keep hold of it?)

            > > Graffias (Beta Scorpii)

            "It causes extreme malevolence, mercilessness,
            fiendishness, repulsiveness, malice, theft, crime,
            pestilence, and contagious diseases." (Robson)

            > > Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

            I believe this marks either the sharp point of the
            Drafting Compass that you put down on the paper to
            hold the compass steady when you're drawing a circle
            or the pencil that draws the circle.

            (Drawing a circle around somebody?)

            > > Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58, has a nebula around
            > > it,
            > > viewed by the Chandra X-ray Observatory satellite)
            > >
            > > http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2001/1175/

            I haven't researched this one much, but Circinus is
            said by Robson to have a "revengeful, violent,
            grasping and tenacious nature."

            > > Pallas
            > >
            > > Ceginus (Phi Bootis, marking [I think] the hand of
            > > Bootes the Herdsman that's holding the leashes of
            > > Canes Venatici the Hunting Dogs,

            actually, the top of the staff that he holds in his
            right hand

            or the obsolete
            > > constellation Quadrans Muralis, the Mural
            > Quadrant;
            > > therefore, maybe we can call it Quadrans)

            Quadrans is said by Robson to give "a scientific mind,
            rectitude, justice, idealism and penetration."

            > > Juno
            > >

            > > Hoedus I (Zeta Aurigae--one of the Kids, a
            > triangle
            > > of
            > > three stars south of Capella, the others being
            > > Epsilon
            > > Aurigae, at the top of the triangle, and Eta
            > Aurigae
            > > [Hoedus II])
            > >
            > > Hoedus II (Eta Aurigae)

            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Hoedus1.html

            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Hoedus11.html

            "In classical times it had a bad reputation,
            especially among mariners who dreaded its presaging
            the storms on the Mediterranean." (Noonan)

            > > Nihal (Beta Leporis, in Lepus the Hare)

            Marking the belly of the Hare (a notoriously fertile
            animal).

            (Something [troubles] multiplying like rabbits? Issues
            relating to reproduction? Maybe the FDA's continued
            reluctance to approve "the morning-after pill".)

            > > Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis, a planetary
            > > nebula)
            > >
            > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph_Nebula

            A more or less circular figure drawn, as if to define
            a parameter or mark somebody off.

            > > Vesta
            > >

            > > Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis, marking the heart
            > > of
            > > Monoceros the Unicorn)

            "the soul of purity"(?)

            > > Chiron
            > >
            > > Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)
            > >

            > > North Node
            > >

            > > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
            > >
            > > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)
            >
            > The Blue Snowball (NGC 7662 Andromedae, a planetary
            > nebula between Iota Andromedae [Gladius Frederici]
            > and
            > Omicron Andromedae, near Frederici Honores or the
            > chain on Andromeda's right hand)

            Snowballs can be used as a weapon. The Blue
            Snowball--a malicious weapon?

            > > South Node
            > >

            > > Algorab (Delta Corvi)
            > >
            > > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

            Well, besides the homelessness and possible health
            issues caused by the hurricanes here in the US, Tom
            DeLay's problems have been much in the news; he's been
            forced to step down as House Majority Leader after
            being indicted by a state grand jury in Austin for
            violating Texas campaign finance laws. He claims this
            is a political vendetta on the part of the Democrats
            (the Austin prosecutor who's been investigating him,
            Ronnie Earle, is a Democrat, but has prosecuted a lot
            of politicians from his own party, too).

            Elian Gonzalez, now 11, says he considers Fidel Castro
            a friend and says his Miami relatives were trying to
            turn him against his father. His Miami relatives, for
            their part, are not sure if Elian really believes what
            he's saying. (Neither am I, to be honest. If he could
            speak outside Castro's reach, then we'd find out, I
            think.)(Nekkar?)

            Then there's the latest terrorist bombing in Bali, a
            South African farmer who just got life in prison for
            feeding an ex-employee to lions (Graffias?); flash
            flooding in Kansas, wildfires in the Los Angeles area,
            a volcanic eruption in El Salvador that has caused
            people to flee their homes (Sadalachbia?), and Turkey
            is about to start negotiations to join the EU, but the
            misgivings of some conservatives in Europe might be
            starting to cause problems (Nekkar?)

            Also, there's serious labor unrest in Corsica; a
            cruise vessel capsized on Lake Champlain between New
            York and Vermont, killing more than 20 people; another
            space tourist (Greg Olson) has gone up on a Russian
            rocket; news reports say that a lot of sexually active
            teenage boys have chlamydia and urine testing might be
            a good way to screen for that (Hoedus I and II?)

            Mark A. Holmes

            __________________________________
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 5, 2005
              wrote:
              > 0 Libra
              >
              > can you tell me what stars were up when the sun hit 0 libra, at 34
              > north 118 west?

              I found out something interesting.

              There's a pair of galaxies in Virgo, NGC 4435 and NGC 4438, known
              collectively as The Eyes because that's what they look like in a
              telescope.

              http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/images/Astr110.Spring
              2005/Postema.html

              I noticed when I entered The Eyes into my fixed-star database in
              SolarFire 5 that I have The Eyes aligned with my natal Sun at 0
              Libra 19 within a 1 00' orb.