solstice

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 23, 2005
      0 Libra

      can you tell me what stars were up when the sun hit 0 libra, at 34
      north 118 west? want to look at the solstice sky for my area, and I
      dont currently have access to a proper star map.

      The planetary alignments look a bit troubled. the fourth quarter will
      probably be a tough one.

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 23, 2005
        --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

        > 0 Libra
        >
        > can you tell me what stars were up when the sun hit
        > 0 libra, at 34
        > north 118 west?

        What do you mean by "up"?

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 26, 2005
          Visible to a person standing at 34N. (regardless of light) 118 W
          or from Horizon to horizon at that location and time. Visible Event
          chart, if that makes sense??

          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 26, 2005
            --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

            > Visible to a person standing at 34N. (regardless of
            > light) 118 W
            > or from Horizon to horizon at that location and
            > time. Visible Event
            > chart, if that makes sense??
            >
            > MissB

            You have tons of stars above the horizon at any given
            time.

            If you cast a chart with, say, SolarFire, and note the
            longitude range covering the seventh to twelfth houses
            and then look at the star lists to see which stellar
            longitudes fall within that range, it might be a
            start. Of course, there would be some stars that are
            too far south to be visible at 34 North. You could use
            SF's planetarium feature to find out, or use another
            program.

            Mark A. Holmes

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 26, 2005
              I'm looking forward to getting the electricity back on in my house.
              Hurricane Rita was a tropical storm by the time it hit my area, not
              powerful enough to cause much damage but powerful enough to leave my
              neighborhood without electricity (since Saturday morning). Meaning I
              have no Internet access at my house. The electric company says the
              power should be back on by the day after tomorrow.

              Also, I added this link, from Christopher Warnock's web site, to the
              Links section, in case any of you are interested in fixed stars in
              Renaissance astrology and the magickal applications of fixed stars.

              http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/fixedstars.html

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 26, 2005
                hope you have lots of candles or batteries, whichever is safer in your
                case. I'm a candle junkie myself. =) Beth

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 26, 2005
                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > hope you have lots of candles or batteries, whichever is safer in
                  your
                  > case. I'm a candle junkie myself. =) Beth

                  I've got enough of both, thanks.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 26, 2005
                    Jupiter

                    Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

                    Spica (Alpha Virginis)

                    Robur (Upsilon Carinae; marks the forward hold of the Ship Argo or the
                    obsolete constellation Robur Carolinum [Charles' Oak])

                    Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

                    Saturn

                    Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)

                    Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)

                    Uranus

                    Biham (Theta Pegasi)

                    Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

                    Neptune

                    Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

                    Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

                    Pluto

                    Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)

                    Ceres

                    Kajam (Omega Herculis)

                    Kornephoros (Beta Herculis)

                    Pallas

                    Princeps (Delta Bootis)

                    Alkalurops (Mu-1 Bootis)

                    Syrma (Iota Virginis)

                    Juno

                    Rigel (Beta Orionis)

                    Hasseleh (Iota Aurigae)

                    Vesta

                    Sirius (Alpha Canis Majoris)

                    Canopus (Alpha Carinae)

                    Mekbuda (Zeta Geminorum)

                    Chiron

                    Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3, a pulsar in Sagitta the Arrow)

                    North Node

                    Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)

                    Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

                    South Node

                    Algorab (Delta Corvi)

                    Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 27, 2005
                      Chiron and Arrow, the wounded healer looses his arrows?
                      Chiron, the epitome of patience?
                      or the reverse? the healer is struck by the arrow?
                      sorry the two together just seem so allegorical some how.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 27, 2005
                        --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                        > Chiron and Arrow, the wounded healer looses his
                        > arrows?
                        > Chiron, the epitome of patience?
                        > or the reverse? the healer is struck by the arrow?
                        > sorry the two together just seem so allegorical some
                        > how.
                        >
                        > MissB

                        I haven't researched the Bull's Eye Pulsar much; I
                        haven't had the chance to try and locate it within
                        Sagitta, so I don't know if it's in the Arrow's
                        feathers, tip or body.

                        I have it aligned with the Midheaven; I do try to
                        support my positions as strongly as possible (and one
                        lesson I've had to learn is that not even the best
                        argument will work with people who for whatever reason
                        are determined to maintain a position--if they don't
                        want to listen, you're wasting your time trying to
                        convince them).

                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 27, 2005

                          > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com,
                          > "mahtezcatpoc"
                          > >
                          > > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
                          >

                          > > > Chiron
                          > > >
                          > > > Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3, a pulsar in
                          > > Sagitta the Arrow)
                          >

                          > --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
                          >

                          > > Chiron and Arrow, the wounded healer looses his
                          > > arrows?
                          > > Chiron, the epitome of patience?
                          > > or the reverse? the healer is struck by the arrow?
                          >
                          > > sorry the two together just seem so allegorical
                          > some
                          > > how.
                          > >
                          > > MissB

                          Well, besides the mess at FEMA, children in northern
                          India have been dying of Japanese encephalitis for
                          want of a cheap vaccine which the Indian government's
                          equivalent of the FDA hasn't approved yet.

                          > I haven't researched the Bull's Eye Pulsar much; I
                          > haven't had the chance to try and locate it within
                          > Sagitta, so I don't know if it's in the Arrow's
                          > feathers, tip or body.

                          It's at right ascension 19h30m30s, declination +18 52'
                          14",

                          http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2002/g541/

                          which puts the Bull's Eye Pulsar northwest of Alpha
                          Sagittae (Sham), between it and 9 Vulpeculae...kind of
                          in the wake of the Arrow as it flies.

                          (Dodging a bullet?)

                          > I have [the Bull's Eye Pulsar] aligned with the
                          Midheaven; I do try to
                          > support my positions as strongly as possible (and
                          > one
                          > lesson I've had to learn is that not even the best
                          > argument will work with people who for whatever
                          > reason
                          > are determined to maintain a position--if they don't
                          > want to listen, you're wasting your time trying to
                          > convince them).

                          Make your position as strong as possible, not that it
                          guarantees success. (Not every arrow hits its mark.)

                          Maybe the confirmation hearings for John Roberts and
                          the German election?

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 27, 2005
                            --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                            > Jupiter
                            >
                            > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
                            >
                            > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
                            >
                            > Robur (Upsilon Carinae; marks the forward hold of
                            > the Ship Argo or the
                            > obsolete constellation Robur Carolinum [Charles'
                            > Oak])
                            >
                            > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

                            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Nekkar.html

                            Located in Bootes the Herdsman's left ear (in
                            cartoons, people's evil angels are shown speaking into
                            their left ears).

                            > Saturn
                            >
                            > Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)
                            >
                            > Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
                            >

                            > Uranus
                            >
                            > Biham (Theta Pegasi)

                            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Biham.html

                            In the head of Pegasus; means "the livestock" or "the
                            young of domestic animals."

                            Anne Wright says this is considered a fortunate star.

                            > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

                            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Sadalachbia.html

                            "Sadachbia or Sadalachbia from Arabic Sa'd al-Akhbiyah
                            , 'Lucky star of the tents.' It has been interpreted
                            'the Lucky Star of Hidden Things or Hiding-places,'
                            because when it emerged from the sun's rays all hidden
                            worms and reptiles, buried during the preceding cold,
                            creep out of their holes! But as this word Ah'biyah is
                            merely the plural of H'iba, a Tent, a more reasonable
                            explanation is that the star was so called from its
                            rising in the spring twilight, when, after the
                            winter's want and suffering, the nomads' tents were
                            raised on the freshening pastures, and the pleasant
                            weather set in. This idea renders Professor Whitney's
                            'Felicity of Tents' a happy translation of the
                            original. Zeta, eta, and pi are included with this
                            star gamma under this designation by Ulug Beg — gamma,
                            in the centre, marking the top of the tent; Kazwini,
                            however, considered this central star as Al Sa'd, and
                            the three surrounding ones his tents."

                            Well, there are lots of people who are either
                            temporarily or permanently homeless in the US right
                            now, though I can't say they're all happy. But people
                            are starting to trickle back into New Orleans.

                            > Neptune
                            >
                            > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
                            >
                            > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
                            >

                            > Pluto
                            >
                            > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)
                            >

                            > Ceres
                            >
                            > Kajam (Omega Herculis)

                            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Kajam.html

                            Marking Hercules' club.

                            > Kornephoros (Beta Herculis)

                            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/kornephoros.htm

                            Located on Hercules' right shoulder (where his cartoon
                            "good angel" would be).

                            > Pallas
                            >
                            > Princeps (Delta Bootis)

                            "A keen studious and profound mind with the ability
                            for research." (Robson)

                            > Alkalurops (Mu-1 Bootis)

                            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alkalurops.html

                            Located in Bootes' staff.

                            "Beta (Nekkar), gamma (Seginus), this star delta
                            (Princeps), and mu (Alkalurops), constituted the
                            trapezium Al Dhi'bah, 'the Female Wolves,' or perhaps
                            'Hyaenas,' an early asterism of the Arabs before they
                            adopted the Greek constellations; these animals, with
                            others similar shown by stars in Draco and near it,
                            lying in wait for the occupants of the ancient Fold
                            around the pole." (Allen)

                            > Syrma (Iota Virginis)

                            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Syrma.html

                            Located in the train of Virgo the Virgin's dress.

                            "Iota (this star Syrma) alone, was said to be the
                            Death Star, Mulu Bat. (Allen)

                            "Said to be prominent in the charts of Mohammed and
                            Moses, the Arabs considered this star as the most
                            fortunate of their lunar stations. Favorable for
                            extracting treasures." (Noonan)

                            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Hasseleh.html

                            > Vesta
                            >
                            > Sirius (Alpha Canis Majoris)
                            >
                            > Canopus (Alpha Carinae)
                            >
                            > Mekbuda (Zeta Geminorum)

                            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Mekbuda.html

                            On the right leg of the Twin Pollux in Gemini; means
                            "pulled-in" or "contracted".

                            (Pulled punches?)

                            > Chiron
                            >
                            > Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3, a pulsar in
                            > Sagitta the Arrow)
                            >

                            > North Node
                            >
                            > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
                            >
                            > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)
                            >

                            > South Node
                            >
                            > Algorab (Delta Corvi)
                            >
                            > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

                            There seems to be a strong overall theme of trying to
                            gain advantage (particularly political advantage)
                            through the suffering of others (in the US, in
                            Germany, and in India, which has been experiencing a
                            Japanese encephalitis outbreak in the northern state
                            of Uttar Pradesh).

                            http://in.rediff.com/news/2005/sep/23up.htm

                            I'm not going to say that this is where Bush's
                            presidency finally goes off the rails, but despite his
                            best efforts to take command of this situation, his
                            job-approval ratings remain stuck in the doldrums,
                            where they've been for at least six months, and there
                            are reports of more bureaucratic sluggishness and
                            ineptitude from FEMA in southeast Texas and southwest
                            Louisiana in the wake of Hurricane Rita.

                            Mark A. Holmes

                            __________________________________
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 29, 2005
                              Where I am people are trying to find somewhere to stay because they
                              have been evacuated because of Fire, not water, I live down the hill,
                              so no fire worries for me directly, but its a pretty wild time here
                              on the Ventura county, Los Angeles county border right now. 17,000
                              acres and climbing. the wind has died down though so probably out
                              pretty soon. Unless it jumps the freeway and heads for Malibu.

                              What I wonder is how much of this is planetary and how much might be
                              seen in the fixed stars? The Ingress chart does seem to be very
                              stressful.

                              I guess it was a Flaming arrow after all! MissB
                              (Since americans are all seem to be getting the test by fire and
                              Water, does that mean we're all honorary Masons? Okay, Bad girl, sick
                              sense of humor!)

                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 29, 2005
                                wrote:

                                > Where I am people are trying to find somewhere to stay because they
                                > have been evacuated because of Fire, not water,

                                There are lots of ways to become homeless.

                                I live down the hill,
                                > so no fire worries for me directly, but its a pretty wild time here
                                > on the Ventura county, Los Angeles county border right now. 17,000
                                > acres and climbing. the wind has died down though so probably out
                                > pretty soon. Unless it jumps the freeway and heads for Malibu.
                                >
                                > What I wonder is how much of this is planetary and how much might
                                be
                                > seen in the fixed stars? The Ingress chart does seem to be very
                                > stressful.

                                I think Sirius (aligned with Vesta) is connected to fires. I haven't
                                looked at the Ingress chart yet.

                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005
                                  at noon CDT today

                                  Jupiter

                                  Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

                                  Spica (Alpha Virginis)

                                  Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

                                  Saturn

                                  Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)

                                  Uranus

                                  Biham (Theta Pegasi)

                                  Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

                                  Neptune

                                  Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

                                  Pluto

                                  Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)

                                  Ceres

                                  Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

                                  Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

                                  Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

                                  Graffias (Beta Scorpii)

                                  Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

                                  Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58, has a nebula around it,
                                  viewed by the Chandra X-ray Observatory satellite)

                                  http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2001/1175/

                                  Pallas

                                  Ceginus (Phi Bootis, marking [I think] the hand of
                                  Bootes the Herdsman that's holding the leashes of
                                  Canes Venatici the Hunting Dogs, or the obsolete
                                  constellation Quadrans Muralis, the Mural Quadrant;
                                  therefore, maybe we can call it Quadrans)

                                  Juno

                                  Hoedus I (Zeta Aurigae--one of the Kids, a triangle of
                                  three stars south of Capella, the others being Epsilon
                                  Aurigae, at the top of the triangle, and Eta Aurigae
                                  [Hoedus II])

                                  Hoedus II (Eta Aurigae)

                                  Nihal (Beta Leporis, in Lepus the Hare)

                                  Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis, a planetary nebula)

                                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph_Nebula

                                  Vesta

                                  Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis, marking the heart of
                                  Monoceros the Unicorn)

                                  Chiron

                                  Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005

                                    > at noon CDT today
                                    >
                                    > Jupiter
                                    >

                                    > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
                                    >
                                    > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
                                    >
                                    > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)
                                    >

                                    > Saturn
                                    >
                                    > Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)
                                    >

                                    > Uranus
                                    >

                                    > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
                                    >
                                    > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
                                    >

                                    > Neptune
                                    >

                                    > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
                                    >

                                    > Pluto
                                    >

                                    > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)
                                    >

                                    > Ceres
                                    >

                                    > Isidis (Delta Scorpii)
                                    >
                                    > Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)
                                    >
                                    > Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)
                                    >
                                    > Graffias (Beta Scorpii)
                                    >
                                    > Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)
                                    >
                                    > Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58, has a nebula around
                                    > it,
                                    > viewed by the Chandra X-ray Observatory satellite)
                                    >
                                    > http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2001/1175/
                                    >

                                    > Pallas
                                    >
                                    > Ceginus (Phi Bootis, marking [I think] the hand of
                                    > Bootes the Herdsman that's holding the leashes of
                                    > Canes Venatici the Hunting Dogs, or the obsolete
                                    > constellation Quadrans Muralis, the Mural Quadrant;
                                    > therefore, maybe we can call it Quadrans)
                                    >

                                    > Juno
                                    >

                                    > Hoedus I (Zeta Aurigae--one of the Kids, a triangle
                                    > of
                                    > three stars south of Capella, the others being
                                    > Epsilon
                                    > Aurigae, at the top of the triangle, and Eta Aurigae
                                    > [Hoedus II])
                                    >
                                    > Hoedus II (Eta Aurigae)
                                    >
                                    > Nihal (Beta Leporis, in Lepus the Hare)
                                    >
                                    > Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis, a planetary
                                    > nebula)
                                    >
                                    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph_Nebula
                                    >

                                    > Vesta
                                    >

                                    > Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis, marking the heart
                                    > of
                                    > Monoceros the Unicorn)
                                    >

                                    > Chiron
                                    >
                                    > Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)
                                    >

                                    > North Node
                                    >

                                    > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
                                    >
                                    > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

                                    The Blue Snowball (NGC 7662 Andromedae, a planetary
                                    nebula between Iota Andromedae [Gladius Frederici] and
                                    Omicron Andromedae, near Frederici Honores or the
                                    chain on Andromeda's right hand)

                                    > South Node
                                    >

                                    > Algorab (Delta Corvi)
                                    >
                                    > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

                                    I'll try to interpret all this later.

                                    Mark A. Holmes

                                    __________________________________
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Oct 2, 2005
                                      > --- Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...>
                                      > wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > at noon CDT today
                                      > >
                                      > > Jupiter
                                      > >

                                      > > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
                                      > >
                                      > > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
                                      > >
                                      > > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)
                                      > >

                                      > > Saturn
                                      > >
                                      > > Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)

                                      The Asellus Borealis alignment with Saturn is over.

                                      > > Uranus
                                      > >

                                      > > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
                                      > >
                                      > > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
                                      > >

                                      > > Neptune
                                      > >

                                      > > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
                                      > >

                                      > > Pluto
                                      > >

                                      > > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)
                                      > >

                                      > > Ceres
                                      > >

                                      > > Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

                                      Also known as Dschubba. "It causes sudden assaults,
                                      malevolence, immorality and shamelessness." (Robson)

                                      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Dschubba.html

                                      Said to have a connection with research.

                                      > > Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

                                      "It causes immorality, shamelessness and revolution."
                                      (Robson)

                                      > > Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

                                      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/YedPosterior.html

                                      The star "behind" in the Hand (the left hand of
                                      Ophiuchus, which holds the front end of Serpens the
                                      Snake; Yed Prior and Yed Posterior both mark this
                                      hand).

                                      (that which does not grasp the serpent first, but
                                      comes behind and helps keep hold of it?)

                                      > > Graffias (Beta Scorpii)

                                      "It causes extreme malevolence, mercilessness,
                                      fiendishness, repulsiveness, malice, theft, crime,
                                      pestilence, and contagious diseases." (Robson)

                                      > > Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

                                      I believe this marks either the sharp point of the
                                      Drafting Compass that you put down on the paper to
                                      hold the compass steady when you're drawing a circle
                                      or the pencil that draws the circle.

                                      (Drawing a circle around somebody?)

                                      > > Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58, has a nebula around
                                      > > it,
                                      > > viewed by the Chandra X-ray Observatory satellite)
                                      > >
                                      > > http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2001/1175/

                                      I haven't researched this one much, but Circinus is
                                      said by Robson to have a "revengeful, violent,
                                      grasping and tenacious nature."

                                      > > Pallas
                                      > >
                                      > > Ceginus (Phi Bootis, marking [I think] the hand of
                                      > > Bootes the Herdsman that's holding the leashes of
                                      > > Canes Venatici the Hunting Dogs,

                                      actually, the top of the staff that he holds in his
                                      right hand

                                      or the obsolete
                                      > > constellation Quadrans Muralis, the Mural
                                      > Quadrant;
                                      > > therefore, maybe we can call it Quadrans)

                                      Quadrans is said by Robson to give "a scientific mind,
                                      rectitude, justice, idealism and penetration."

                                      > > Juno
                                      > >

                                      > > Hoedus I (Zeta Aurigae--one of the Kids, a
                                      > triangle
                                      > > of
                                      > > three stars south of Capella, the others being
                                      > > Epsilon
                                      > > Aurigae, at the top of the triangle, and Eta
                                      > Aurigae
                                      > > [Hoedus II])
                                      > >
                                      > > Hoedus II (Eta Aurigae)

                                      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Hoedus1.html

                                      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Hoedus11.html

                                      "In classical times it had a bad reputation,
                                      especially among mariners who dreaded its presaging
                                      the storms on the Mediterranean." (Noonan)

                                      > > Nihal (Beta Leporis, in Lepus the Hare)

                                      Marking the belly of the Hare (a notoriously fertile
                                      animal).

                                      (Something [troubles] multiplying like rabbits? Issues
                                      relating to reproduction? Maybe the FDA's continued
                                      reluctance to approve "the morning-after pill".)

                                      > > Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis, a planetary
                                      > > nebula)
                                      > >
                                      > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph_Nebula

                                      A more or less circular figure drawn, as if to define
                                      a parameter or mark somebody off.

                                      > > Vesta
                                      > >

                                      > > Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis, marking the heart
                                      > > of
                                      > > Monoceros the Unicorn)

                                      "the soul of purity"(?)

                                      > > Chiron
                                      > >
                                      > > Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)
                                      > >

                                      > > North Node
                                      > >

                                      > > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
                                      > >
                                      > > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)
                                      >
                                      > The Blue Snowball (NGC 7662 Andromedae, a planetary
                                      > nebula between Iota Andromedae [Gladius Frederici]
                                      > and
                                      > Omicron Andromedae, near Frederici Honores or the
                                      > chain on Andromeda's right hand)

                                      Snowballs can be used as a weapon. The Blue
                                      Snowball--a malicious weapon?

                                      > > South Node
                                      > >

                                      > > Algorab (Delta Corvi)
                                      > >
                                      > > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

                                      Well, besides the homelessness and possible health
                                      issues caused by the hurricanes here in the US, Tom
                                      DeLay's problems have been much in the news; he's been
                                      forced to step down as House Majority Leader after
                                      being indicted by a state grand jury in Austin for
                                      violating Texas campaign finance laws. He claims this
                                      is a political vendetta on the part of the Democrats
                                      (the Austin prosecutor who's been investigating him,
                                      Ronnie Earle, is a Democrat, but has prosecuted a lot
                                      of politicians from his own party, too).

                                      Elian Gonzalez, now 11, says he considers Fidel Castro
                                      a friend and says his Miami relatives were trying to
                                      turn him against his father. His Miami relatives, for
                                      their part, are not sure if Elian really believes what
                                      he's saying. (Neither am I, to be honest. If he could
                                      speak outside Castro's reach, then we'd find out, I
                                      think.)(Nekkar?)

                                      Then there's the latest terrorist bombing in Bali, a
                                      South African farmer who just got life in prison for
                                      feeding an ex-employee to lions (Graffias?); flash
                                      flooding in Kansas, wildfires in the Los Angeles area,
                                      a volcanic eruption in El Salvador that has caused
                                      people to flee their homes (Sadalachbia?), and Turkey
                                      is about to start negotiations to join the EU, but the
                                      misgivings of some conservatives in Europe might be
                                      starting to cause problems (Nekkar?)

                                      Also, there's serious labor unrest in Corsica; a
                                      cruise vessel capsized on Lake Champlain between New
                                      York and Vermont, killing more than 20 people; another
                                      space tourist (Greg Olson) has gone up on a Russian
                                      rocket; news reports say that a lot of sexually active
                                      teenage boys have chlamydia and urine testing might be
                                      a good way to screen for that (Hoedus I and II?)

                                      Mark A. Holmes

                                      __________________________________
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Oct 5, 2005
                                        wrote:
                                        > 0 Libra
                                        >
                                        > can you tell me what stars were up when the sun hit 0 libra, at 34
                                        > north 118 west?

                                        I found out something interesting.

                                        There's a pair of galaxies in Virgo, NGC 4435 and NGC 4438, known
                                        collectively as The Eyes because that's what they look like in a
                                        telescope.

                                        http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/images/Astr110.Spring
                                        2005/Postema.html

                                        I noticed when I entered The Eyes into my fixed-star database in
                                        SolarFire 5 that I have The Eyes aligned with my natal Sun at 0
                                        Libra 19 within a 1 00' orb.