Re: Zenith cf. MC

  • Heather
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2005
      Thanks Mark.
      Am curious about all this as am interested in the Vertex, since it
      works so well for me.

      The line drawn between Zenith and Nadir would be in the direction of
      the gravitational pull, like hanging a pendulum.
      The gravitational direction seems important as a stabilizing effect.
      My first charts drawn by hand were using an equal house system, with
      the MC sitting in the 9th house. Some say these are known as the
      Zenith house system, but always thought they were equal house system.

      Noticed that software Kepler takes into account the zenith, like shows
      what fixed star is on it. Also sidereal charts can be set up as Prime
      Vertical charts, so that planets close to the horizon are seen there
      in reality, where as with normal charts they could by under the
      horizon. Then there are Campanus Mundoscopes etc.

      Also financial astrology will chart a company with sun at the zenith
      for the first day of trade.

      Heather