Re: November research

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse <shawhouse@e...> wrote:
      > Stealth against an enemy using poison at the same time as
      > Mars/Saturn/Neptune are aligning (which could also connotate poison)
      > certainly gives you something to keep your eye on.
      > Diana S.

      Maybe news of a plot against municipal water supplies or a "dirty
      bomb" plot; or maybe something else about that homicidal Japanese cult
      that released sarin on the Tokyo subway or about Jos`e Padilla, who
      continues to languish in prison without trial or charge as an "enemy
      combatant."

      Mark A. Holmes

      > mahtezcatpoc wrote:
      >
      > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes
      > > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

      > > > I guess I'm supposed to look that up myself, but I'm
      > > > swamped here and it seems to me you didn't give
      > > > precise data to begin with, so I'm going to see what
      > > > Mars, Saturn and Neptune are aligned with at noon CST
      > > > (back 6 hours from GMT) on November 15 next at my
      > > > location and report back.
      > >

      > > All I see for that date are alignments of Saturn with Lynx (Alpha
      > > Lyncis, in the head of Lynx the Lynx) and Giansar (Lambda Draconis)
      > > and an alignment of Neptune with the Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 in
      Aquarius).

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
        --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

        > Jupiter
        >
        > Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

        in Bootes the Herdsman's left thigh;

        (don't police officers keep their nightsticks strapped
        to their left sides?)

        Mufrid's name is Arabic for "the solitary [star of
        the lancer]"

        > Saturn
        >
        > Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)

        located near the top of Puppis, the Poop Deck of the
        Ship Argo (an elevated spot which might afford a good
        view)

        > Uranus
        >
        > Skat (Delta Aquarii),

        the efforts to help out the disaster victims?

        > Situla (Kappa Aquarii),

        "the bucket"

        > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

        (suffering and destruction)

        > Neptune
        >
        > Alnair (Alpha Gruis),

        (issues of devotion, vigilance and longevity?)

        > Rotanev (Beta Delphini),

        in Delphinus the dolphin's throat (where it makes
        those squeaky sounds that make up dolphin language)

        ("they may be different but they're also entitled to
        respect"[?])

        > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
        >
        > Pluto
        >
        > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi),
        > Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australis)

        (law and order concerns?)

        > Ceres
        >
        > Agena (Beta Centauri),

        "It gives position, friendship, refinement, morality,
        health and honor." (Robson)

        (public health concerns?)

        > Arrakis (Mu Draconis),

        "the dancer"

        (trying to dance away from blame, or pass the buck?)

        > Men (Alpha Lupi)

        marks Lupus the Wolf's tail

        (not just predation, but contempt [i.e., to be crapped
        on]?)

        > Pallas
        >
        > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

        (has a reputation for gaining justice through power)

        > Spica (Alpha Virginis)

        (Halliburton is already winning contracts to repair
        Hurricane Katrina damage, and the FEMA director,
        Michael D. Brown, is a crony of Bush's with no
        experience in disaster relief)

        > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

        Near Bootes' left ear. Supposedly has an influence
        similar to that of Arcturus. The Chinese called it by
        a name meaning "to beckon, excite, or move."

        (My source is Anne Wright's web site.)

        (In cartoons in which a person's evil and good sides
        are talking to him, the evil side is depicted as a
        devil perched on his left shoulder talking into his
        left ear.

        Nekkar = A responsible person or person with
        responsibility listening to bad advice or giving way
        to the lower side of his nature?)

        > Juno
        >
        > Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri)

        "Catastrophe by weather conditions, floods,
        shipwrecks. Acknowledged and leading position, but
        will make enemies through whom danger will threaten.
        Extraordinary energy." (Ebertin)

        > Vesta
        >
        > Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris),

        Arabic for "the announcer"; could indicate "all talk,
        no action"

        > Furud (Zeta Canis Majoris),

        on the left hind foot of Canis Major the Great Dog;
        the name is Arabic for "the bright single or
        individual stars" or possibly "the apes"

        (a bunch of people all "shining by themselves",
        "making monkeys of themselves"?)

        (New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin complained about "too
        many cooks in the kitchen" in Hurricane Katrina relief
        efforts)

        > Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis, east of
        > Epsilon Monocerotis in
        > Monoceros the Unicorn's face, a diffuse nebula with
        > an open cluster,
        > NGC 2244, inside it)
        >
        > (I have "gain through responsibility" for the
        > Rosette Nebula)
        >
        > Chiron
        >
        > Alpha Indi

        Located in the feathered tail of the arrow or spear
        Indus the American Indian is holding in his left hand.

        http://www.coldwater.k12.mi.us/lms/planetarium/myth/Indus.html

        Some authorities have linked Indus with an ossified,
        reactionary, often mystical viewpoint.

        BTW: Epsilon Indi, as a nearby star somewhat like the
        Sun (but a lot cooler, as we've since found), has
        historically gotten a lot of attention from
        science-fiction writers and people interested in the
        search for extraterrestrial life. It is the sun of the
        Tellarites' home world in "Star Trek" lore. If you
        ever wanted to know where Epsilon Indi is in Indus,
        it's in the American Indian's right hand; he's holding
        a bunch of arrows in it.

        > North Node
        >
        > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)

        Arabic for "the broken down";

        issues relating to popularity (Bush's?)

        > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

        marks the right shoulder of Cepheus the King, but its
        name is Arabic for "the right arm"

        > South Node
        >
        > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

        on the tail of Corvus the Crow.

        Chinese for "the dust of the road." "The dust" seems
        like a good way to describe the way those left behind
        in New Orleans were treated at first.