Re: [thefixedstars] Re: November research

  • Shawhouse
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
      Stealth against an enemy using poison at the same time as
      Mars/Saturn/Neptune are aligning (which could also connotate poison)
      certainly gives you something to keep your eye on.
      Diana S.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
        Jupiter

        Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

        Saturn

        Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)

        Uranus

        Skat (Delta Aquarii),
        Situla (Kappa Aquarii),
        North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

        Neptune

        Alnair (Alpha Gruis),
        Rotanev (Beta Delphini),
        Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

        Pluto

        Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi),
        Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australis)

        Ceres

        Agena (Beta Centauri),
        Arrakis (Mu Draconis),
        Men (Alpha Lupi)

        Pallas

        Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
        Spica (Alpha Virginis)
        Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

        Juno

        Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri)

        Vesta

        Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris),
        Furud (Zeta Canis Majoris),
        Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis, east of Epsilon Monocerotis in
        Monoceros the Unicorn's face, a diffuse nebula with an open cluster,
        NGC 2244, inside it)

        (I have "gain through responsibility" for the Rosette Nebula)

        Chiron

        Alpha Indi

        North Node

        Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
        Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

        South Node

        Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse <shawhouse@e...> wrote:
          > Stealth against an enemy using poison at the same time as
          > Mars/Saturn/Neptune are aligning (which could also connotate poison)
          > certainly gives you something to keep your eye on.
          > Diana S.

          Maybe news of a plot against municipal water supplies or a "dirty
          bomb" plot; or maybe something else about that homicidal Japanese cult
          that released sarin on the Tokyo subway or about Jos`e Padilla, who
          continues to languish in prison without trial or charge as an "enemy
          combatant."

          Mark A. Holmes

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
            --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

            > Jupiter
            >
            > Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

            in Bootes the Herdsman's left thigh;

            (don't police officers keep their nightsticks strapped
            to their left sides?)

            Mufrid's name is Arabic for "the solitary [star of
            the lancer]"

            > Saturn
            >
            > Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)

            located near the top of Puppis, the Poop Deck of the
            Ship Argo (an elevated spot which might afford a good
            view)

            > Uranus
            >
            > Skat (Delta Aquarii),

            the efforts to help out the disaster victims?

            > Situla (Kappa Aquarii),

            "the bucket"

            > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

            (suffering and destruction)

            > Neptune
            >
            > Alnair (Alpha Gruis),

            (issues of devotion, vigilance and longevity?)

            > Rotanev (Beta Delphini),

            in Delphinus the dolphin's throat (where it makes
            those squeaky sounds that make up dolphin language)

            ("they may be different but they're also entitled to
            respect"[?])

            > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
            >
            > Pluto
            >
            > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi),
            > Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australis)

            (law and order concerns?)

            > Ceres
            >
            > Agena (Beta Centauri),

            "It gives position, friendship, refinement, morality,
            health and honor." (Robson)

            (public health concerns?)

            > Arrakis (Mu Draconis),

            "the dancer"

            (trying to dance away from blame, or pass the buck?)

            > Men (Alpha Lupi)

            marks Lupus the Wolf's tail

            (not just predation, but contempt [i.e., to be crapped
            on]?)

            > Pallas
            >
            > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

            (has a reputation for gaining justice through power)

            > Spica (Alpha Virginis)

            (Halliburton is already winning contracts to repair
            Hurricane Katrina damage, and the FEMA director,
            Michael D. Brown, is a crony of Bush's with no
            experience in disaster relief)

            > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

            Near Bootes' left ear. Supposedly has an influence
            similar to that of Arcturus. The Chinese called it by
            a name meaning "to beckon, excite, or move."

            (My source is Anne Wright's web site.)

            (In cartoons in which a person's evil and good sides
            are talking to him, the evil side is depicted as a
            devil perched on his left shoulder talking into his
            left ear.

            Nekkar = A responsible person or person with
            responsibility listening to bad advice or giving way
            to the lower side of his nature?)

            > Juno
            >
            > Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri)

            "Catastrophe by weather conditions, floods,
            shipwrecks. Acknowledged and leading position, but
            will make enemies through whom danger will threaten.
            Extraordinary energy." (Ebertin)

            > Vesta
            >
            > Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris),

            Arabic for "the announcer"; could indicate "all talk,
            no action"

            > Furud (Zeta Canis Majoris),

            on the left hind foot of Canis Major the Great Dog;
            the name is Arabic for "the bright single or
            individual stars" or possibly "the apes"

            (a bunch of people all "shining by themselves",
            "making monkeys of themselves"?)

            (New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin complained about "too
            many cooks in the kitchen" in Hurricane Katrina relief
            efforts)

            > Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis, east of
            > Epsilon Monocerotis in
            > Monoceros the Unicorn's face, a diffuse nebula with
            > an open cluster,
            > NGC 2244, inside it)
            >
            > (I have "gain through responsibility" for the
            > Rosette Nebula)
            >
            > Chiron
            >
            > Alpha Indi

            Located in the feathered tail of the arrow or spear
            Indus the American Indian is holding in his left hand.

            http://www.coldwater.k12.mi.us/lms/planetarium/myth/Indus.html

            Some authorities have linked Indus with an ossified,
            reactionary, often mystical viewpoint.

            BTW: Epsilon Indi, as a nearby star somewhat like the
            Sun (but a lot cooler, as we've since found), has
            historically gotten a lot of attention from
            science-fiction writers and people interested in the
            search for extraterrestrial life. It is the sun of the
            Tellarites' home world in "Star Trek" lore. If you
            ever wanted to know where Epsilon Indi is in Indus,
            it's in the American Indian's right hand; he's holding
            a bunch of arrows in it.

            > North Node
            >
            > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)

            Arabic for "the broken down";

            issues relating to popularity (Bush's?)

            > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

            marks the right shoulder of Cepheus the King, but its
            name is Arabic for "the right arm"

            > South Node
            >
            > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

            on the tail of Corvus the Crow.

            Chinese for "the dust of the road." "The dust" seems
            like a good way to describe the way those left behind
            in New Orleans were treated at first.