Re: November research

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
      <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

      > --- Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

      > > > game...
      > >
      > > If all you need are Mars, Saturn and Neptune
      > > alignments, I can give it a try.
      > >
      > > What's the data again?
      >

      > I guess I'm supposed to look that up myself, but I'm
      > swamped here and it seems to me you didn't give
      > precise data to begin with, so I'm going to see what
      > Mars, Saturn and Neptune are aligned with at noon CST
      > (back 6 hours from GMT) on November 15 next at my
      > location and report back.

      All I see for that date are alignments of Saturn with Lynx (Alpha
      Lyncis, in the head of Lynx the Lynx) and Giansar (Lambda Draconis)
      and an alignment of Neptune with the Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 in Aquarius).

      Lynx (also known as the Tiger): "It is said to give stealthiness and
      cunning, many changes in life, and an adventurous career." [Robson]
      Robson also said the lynx was said to be able to see through walls.

      Giansar is in Draco the Dragon's tail.

      "'Hebrew name Giansar, "the punished enemy"'. (Bullinger The Witness
      of the Stars ).

      "Giansar and Giauzar are variously derived: either from Al Jauza',
      'the Twins', — a little star is in close proximity, — or from Al
      Jauzah, 'the Central One', as it is nearly midway between the Pointers
      and Polaris-; or, and still better, from the Persian Ghauzar, — Al
      Biruni's Jauzahar of Sasanian origin, — 'the Poison Place', referring
      to the notion that the nodes, or points where the moon crosses the
      ecliptic, were poisonous because they "'happened to be called the Head
      and Tail of the Dragon.'"

      Maybe we'll be hearing something special about homeland security and
      civil rights in the US or in some place under US control, possibly
      something having to do with the USA PATRIOT Act, or maybe about the
      prisons at Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib or Bagram Air Base, something
      like that.

      Mark A. Holmes
    • Shawhouse
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
        Stealth against an enemy using poison at the same time as
        Mars/Saturn/Neptune are aligning (which could also connotate poison)
        certainly gives you something to keep your eye on.
        Diana S.

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
          Jupiter

          Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

          Saturn

          Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)

          Uranus

          Skat (Delta Aquarii),
          Situla (Kappa Aquarii),
          North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

          Neptune

          Alnair (Alpha Gruis),
          Rotanev (Beta Delphini),
          Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

          Pluto

          Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi),
          Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australis)

          Ceres

          Agena (Beta Centauri),
          Arrakis (Mu Draconis),
          Men (Alpha Lupi)

          Pallas

          Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
          Spica (Alpha Virginis)
          Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

          Juno

          Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri)

          Vesta

          Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris),
          Furud (Zeta Canis Majoris),
          Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis, east of Epsilon Monocerotis in
          Monoceros the Unicorn's face, a diffuse nebula with an open cluster,
          NGC 2244, inside it)

          (I have "gain through responsibility" for the Rosette Nebula)

          Chiron

          Alpha Indi

          North Node

          Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
          Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

          South Node

          Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse <shawhouse@e...> wrote:
            > Stealth against an enemy using poison at the same time as
            > Mars/Saturn/Neptune are aligning (which could also connotate poison)
            > certainly gives you something to keep your eye on.
            > Diana S.

            Maybe news of a plot against municipal water supplies or a "dirty
            bomb" plot; or maybe something else about that homicidal Japanese cult
            that released sarin on the Tokyo subway or about Jos`e Padilla, who
            continues to languish in prison without trial or charge as an "enemy
            combatant."

            Mark A. Holmes

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
              --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

              > Jupiter
              >
              > Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

              in Bootes the Herdsman's left thigh;

              (don't police officers keep their nightsticks strapped
              to their left sides?)

              Mufrid's name is Arabic for "the solitary [star of
              the lancer]"

              > Saturn
              >
              > Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)

              located near the top of Puppis, the Poop Deck of the
              Ship Argo (an elevated spot which might afford a good
              view)

              > Uranus
              >
              > Skat (Delta Aquarii),

              the efforts to help out the disaster victims?

              > Situla (Kappa Aquarii),

              "the bucket"

              > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

              (suffering and destruction)

              > Neptune
              >
              > Alnair (Alpha Gruis),

              (issues of devotion, vigilance and longevity?)

              > Rotanev (Beta Delphini),

              in Delphinus the dolphin's throat (where it makes
              those squeaky sounds that make up dolphin language)

              ("they may be different but they're also entitled to
              respect"[?])

              > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
              >
              > Pluto
              >
              > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi),
              > Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australis)

              (law and order concerns?)

              > Ceres
              >
              > Agena (Beta Centauri),

              "It gives position, friendship, refinement, morality,
              health and honor." (Robson)

              (public health concerns?)

              > Arrakis (Mu Draconis),

              "the dancer"

              (trying to dance away from blame, or pass the buck?)

              > Men (Alpha Lupi)

              marks Lupus the Wolf's tail

              (not just predation, but contempt [i.e., to be crapped
              on]?)

              > Pallas
              >
              > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

              (has a reputation for gaining justice through power)

              > Spica (Alpha Virginis)

              (Halliburton is already winning contracts to repair
              Hurricane Katrina damage, and the FEMA director,
              Michael D. Brown, is a crony of Bush's with no
              experience in disaster relief)

              > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

              Near Bootes' left ear. Supposedly has an influence
              similar to that of Arcturus. The Chinese called it by
              a name meaning "to beckon, excite, or move."

              (My source is Anne Wright's web site.)

              (In cartoons in which a person's evil and good sides
              are talking to him, the evil side is depicted as a
              devil perched on his left shoulder talking into his
              left ear.

              Nekkar = A responsible person or person with
              responsibility listening to bad advice or giving way
              to the lower side of his nature?)

              > Juno
              >
              > Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri)

              "Catastrophe by weather conditions, floods,
              shipwrecks. Acknowledged and leading position, but
              will make enemies through whom danger will threaten.
              Extraordinary energy." (Ebertin)

              > Vesta
              >
              > Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris),

              Arabic for "the announcer"; could indicate "all talk,
              no action"

              > Furud (Zeta Canis Majoris),

              on the left hind foot of Canis Major the Great Dog;
              the name is Arabic for "the bright single or
              individual stars" or possibly "the apes"

              (a bunch of people all "shining by themselves",
              "making monkeys of themselves"?)

              (New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin complained about "too
              many cooks in the kitchen" in Hurricane Katrina relief
              efforts)

              > Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis, east of
              > Epsilon Monocerotis in
              > Monoceros the Unicorn's face, a diffuse nebula with
              > an open cluster,
              > NGC 2244, inside it)
              >
              > (I have "gain through responsibility" for the
              > Rosette Nebula)
              >
              > Chiron
              >
              > Alpha Indi

              Located in the feathered tail of the arrow or spear
              Indus the American Indian is holding in his left hand.

              http://www.coldwater.k12.mi.us/lms/planetarium/myth/Indus.html

              Some authorities have linked Indus with an ossified,
              reactionary, often mystical viewpoint.

              BTW: Epsilon Indi, as a nearby star somewhat like the
              Sun (but a lot cooler, as we've since found), has
              historically gotten a lot of attention from
              science-fiction writers and people interested in the
              search for extraterrestrial life. It is the sun of the
              Tellarites' home world in "Star Trek" lore. If you
              ever wanted to know where Epsilon Indi is in Indus,
              it's in the American Indian's right hand; he's holding
              a bunch of arrows in it.

              > North Node
              >
              > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)

              Arabic for "the broken down";

              issues relating to popularity (Bush's?)

              > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

              marks the right shoulder of Cepheus the King, but its
              name is Arabic for "the right arm"

              > South Node
              >
              > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

              on the tail of Corvus the Crow.

              Chinese for "the dust of the road." "The dust" seems
              like a good way to describe the way those left behind
              in New Orleans were treated at first.