Re: [thefixedstars] November research

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2005

      > > Bernadette wrote:
      > >
      > > >OK Diana and Mark are busy but Trish and I are
      > > game...
      > > >anyone else :)))
      >
      > If all you need are Mars, Saturn and Neptune
      > alignments, I can give it a try.
      >
      > What's the data again?

      I guess I'm supposed to look that up myself, but I'm
      swamped here and it seems to me you didn't give
      precise data to begin with, so I'm going to see what
      Mars, Saturn and Neptune are aligned with at noon CST
      (back 6 hours from GMT) on November 15 next at my
      location and report back.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
        <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

        > --- Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

        > > > game...
        > >
        > > If all you need are Mars, Saturn and Neptune
        > > alignments, I can give it a try.
        > >
        > > What's the data again?
        >

        > I guess I'm supposed to look that up myself, but I'm
        > swamped here and it seems to me you didn't give
        > precise data to begin with, so I'm going to see what
        > Mars, Saturn and Neptune are aligned with at noon CST
        > (back 6 hours from GMT) on November 15 next at my
        > location and report back.

        All I see for that date are alignments of Saturn with Lynx (Alpha
        Lyncis, in the head of Lynx the Lynx) and Giansar (Lambda Draconis)
        and an alignment of Neptune with the Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 in Aquarius).

        Lynx (also known as the Tiger): "It is said to give stealthiness and
        cunning, many changes in life, and an adventurous career." [Robson]
        Robson also said the lynx was said to be able to see through walls.

        Giansar is in Draco the Dragon's tail.

        "'Hebrew name Giansar, "the punished enemy"'. (Bullinger The Witness
        of the Stars ).

        "Giansar and Giauzar are variously derived: either from Al Jauza',
        'the Twins', — a little star is in close proximity, — or from Al
        Jauzah, 'the Central One', as it is nearly midway between the Pointers
        and Polaris-; or, and still better, from the Persian Ghauzar, — Al
        Biruni's Jauzahar of Sasanian origin, — 'the Poison Place', referring
        to the notion that the nodes, or points where the moon crosses the
        ecliptic, were poisonous because they "'happened to be called the Head
        and Tail of the Dragon.'"

        Maybe we'll be hearing something special about homeland security and
        civil rights in the US or in some place under US control, possibly
        something having to do with the USA PATRIOT Act, or maybe about the
        prisons at Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib or Bagram Air Base, something
        like that.

        Mark A. Holmes
      • Shawhouse
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
          Stealth against an enemy using poison at the same time as
          Mars/Saturn/Neptune are aligning (which could also connotate poison)
          certainly gives you something to keep your eye on.
          Diana S.

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
            Jupiter

            Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

            Saturn

            Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)

            Uranus

            Skat (Delta Aquarii),
            Situla (Kappa Aquarii),
            North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

            Neptune

            Alnair (Alpha Gruis),
            Rotanev (Beta Delphini),
            Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

            Pluto

            Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi),
            Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australis)

            Ceres

            Agena (Beta Centauri),
            Arrakis (Mu Draconis),
            Men (Alpha Lupi)

            Pallas

            Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
            Spica (Alpha Virginis)
            Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

            Juno

            Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri)

            Vesta

            Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris),
            Furud (Zeta Canis Majoris),
            Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis, east of Epsilon Monocerotis in
            Monoceros the Unicorn's face, a diffuse nebula with an open cluster,
            NGC 2244, inside it)

            (I have "gain through responsibility" for the Rosette Nebula)

            Chiron

            Alpha Indi

            North Node

            Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
            Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

            South Node

            Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse <shawhouse@e...> wrote:
              > Stealth against an enemy using poison at the same time as
              > Mars/Saturn/Neptune are aligning (which could also connotate poison)
              > certainly gives you something to keep your eye on.
              > Diana S.

              Maybe news of a plot against municipal water supplies or a "dirty
              bomb" plot; or maybe something else about that homicidal Japanese cult
              that released sarin on the Tokyo subway or about Jos`e Padilla, who
              continues to languish in prison without trial or charge as an "enemy
              combatant."

              Mark A. Holmes

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
                --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                > Jupiter
                >
                > Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

                in Bootes the Herdsman's left thigh;

                (don't police officers keep their nightsticks strapped
                to their left sides?)

                Mufrid's name is Arabic for "the solitary [star of
                the lancer]"

                > Saturn
                >
                > Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)

                located near the top of Puppis, the Poop Deck of the
                Ship Argo (an elevated spot which might afford a good
                view)

                > Uranus
                >
                > Skat (Delta Aquarii),

                the efforts to help out the disaster victims?

                > Situla (Kappa Aquarii),

                "the bucket"

                > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

                (suffering and destruction)

                > Neptune
                >
                > Alnair (Alpha Gruis),

                (issues of devotion, vigilance and longevity?)

                > Rotanev (Beta Delphini),

                in Delphinus the dolphin's throat (where it makes
                those squeaky sounds that make up dolphin language)

                ("they may be different but they're also entitled to
                respect"[?])

                > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
                >
                > Pluto
                >
                > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi),
                > Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australis)

                (law and order concerns?)

                > Ceres
                >
                > Agena (Beta Centauri),

                "It gives position, friendship, refinement, morality,
                health and honor." (Robson)

                (public health concerns?)

                > Arrakis (Mu Draconis),

                "the dancer"

                (trying to dance away from blame, or pass the buck?)

                > Men (Alpha Lupi)

                marks Lupus the Wolf's tail

                (not just predation, but contempt [i.e., to be crapped
                on]?)

                > Pallas
                >
                > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

                (has a reputation for gaining justice through power)

                > Spica (Alpha Virginis)

                (Halliburton is already winning contracts to repair
                Hurricane Katrina damage, and the FEMA director,
                Michael D. Brown, is a crony of Bush's with no
                experience in disaster relief)

                > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

                Near Bootes' left ear. Supposedly has an influence
                similar to that of Arcturus. The Chinese called it by
                a name meaning "to beckon, excite, or move."

                (My source is Anne Wright's web site.)

                (In cartoons in which a person's evil and good sides
                are talking to him, the evil side is depicted as a
                devil perched on his left shoulder talking into his
                left ear.

                Nekkar = A responsible person or person with
                responsibility listening to bad advice or giving way
                to the lower side of his nature?)

                > Juno
                >
                > Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri)

                "Catastrophe by weather conditions, floods,
                shipwrecks. Acknowledged and leading position, but
                will make enemies through whom danger will threaten.
                Extraordinary energy." (Ebertin)

                > Vesta
                >
                > Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris),

                Arabic for "the announcer"; could indicate "all talk,
                no action"

                > Furud (Zeta Canis Majoris),

                on the left hind foot of Canis Major the Great Dog;
                the name is Arabic for "the bright single or
                individual stars" or possibly "the apes"

                (a bunch of people all "shining by themselves",
                "making monkeys of themselves"?)

                (New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin complained about "too
                many cooks in the kitchen" in Hurricane Katrina relief
                efforts)

                > Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis, east of
                > Epsilon Monocerotis in
                > Monoceros the Unicorn's face, a diffuse nebula with
                > an open cluster,
                > NGC 2244, inside it)
                >
                > (I have "gain through responsibility" for the
                > Rosette Nebula)
                >
                > Chiron
                >
                > Alpha Indi

                Located in the feathered tail of the arrow or spear
                Indus the American Indian is holding in his left hand.

                http://www.coldwater.k12.mi.us/lms/planetarium/myth/Indus.html

                Some authorities have linked Indus with an ossified,
                reactionary, often mystical viewpoint.

                BTW: Epsilon Indi, as a nearby star somewhat like the
                Sun (but a lot cooler, as we've since found), has
                historically gotten a lot of attention from
                science-fiction writers and people interested in the
                search for extraterrestrial life. It is the sun of the
                Tellarites' home world in "Star Trek" lore. If you
                ever wanted to know where Epsilon Indi is in Indus,
                it's in the American Indian's right hand; he's holding
                a bunch of arrows in it.

                > North Node
                >
                > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)

                Arabic for "the broken down";

                issues relating to popularity (Bush's?)

                > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

                marks the right shoulder of Cepheus the King, but its
                name is Arabic for "the right arm"

                > South Node
                >
                > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

                on the tail of Corvus the Crow.

                Chinese for "the dust of the road." "The dust" seems
                like a good way to describe the way those left behind
                in New Orleans were treated at first.