November research

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2005
      Bernadette wrote:

      >OK Diana and Mark are busy but Trish and I are game...
      >anyone else :)))

      Don't count me out yet, Bernadette; I'm gonna try.

      Right now am focusing on Hurricane Katrina - ghastly mess.

      I just noticed that the '04 Cap Ingress astrocartography
      maps had Jupiter lines thru both Sumatra and the Gulf coast,
      so I dug in further.

      At the Cap ingress:

      Jupiter was at the Kraz (Beta Corvi)/Seginus (Gamma
      Bootis)/Apami-Atsa (Theta Virginis) combo at 17-18 Libra:

      Mundane: Travel and transportation concerns, fogs (and poor
      visibility), storms (a very high score), high winds,
      lightning and electrical events, atmospheric, weather and
      earth disasters sometimes affecting history; wars, peace
      treaties; fires; sea, air and train disasters, collisions;
      sneak attacks, massacres, assassinations, meteorite falls,
      animal attacks.

      (Jupiter stationed here in Jan '93, the year of the terrible
      Mississippi floods)

      Visible comet Machholz was 0 Gemini 03 at the Pleiades
      (rain, and "something to weep about")

      At New Orleans, the Galactic Center (a black hole) was
      Rising and Neptune was cnj the Antivertex (Vx/Antivertex
      were on the helio nodes of Neptune).

      Right now Saturn is transiting the Crab and Water-Snake
      Hydra's poisonous breath (just in front of his head); there
      is great worry about contamination, and water-snakes!

      For Saturn's position (5-6 Leo), I have:

      Danger from persecutions, toxic atmospheric conditions,
      drowning. Shipwrecks, storms, epidemics and environmental
      disasters, earth upheavals, persecutions, murder, meteorite
      falls.

      The Chinese called this mansion "The Ghosts" and considered
      it very malefic, but Vedic mansions have Pushya,
      "nourishment" - they are both working! (The Arabs have Al
      Nathrah - "with Moon here, navigate" - well, right now
      there's no other way to get around, I guess!

      What a horror.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
        > Bernadette wrote:
        >
        > >OK Diana and Mark are busy but Trish and I are
        > game...
        > >anyone else :)))

        If all you need are Mars, Saturn and Neptune
        alignments, I can give it a try.

        What's the data again?

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2005

          > > Bernadette wrote:
          > >
          > > >OK Diana and Mark are busy but Trish and I are
          > > game...
          > > >anyone else :)))
          >
          > If all you need are Mars, Saturn and Neptune
          > alignments, I can give it a try.
          >
          > What's the data again?

          I guess I'm supposed to look that up myself, but I'm
          swamped here and it seems to me you didn't give
          precise data to begin with, so I'm going to see what
          Mars, Saturn and Neptune are aligned with at noon CST
          (back 6 hours from GMT) on November 15 next at my
          location and report back.

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
            <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

            > --- Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

            > > > game...
            > >
            > > If all you need are Mars, Saturn and Neptune
            > > alignments, I can give it a try.
            > >
            > > What's the data again?
            >

            > I guess I'm supposed to look that up myself, but I'm
            > swamped here and it seems to me you didn't give
            > precise data to begin with, so I'm going to see what
            > Mars, Saturn and Neptune are aligned with at noon CST
            > (back 6 hours from GMT) on November 15 next at my
            > location and report back.

            All I see for that date are alignments of Saturn with Lynx (Alpha
            Lyncis, in the head of Lynx the Lynx) and Giansar (Lambda Draconis)
            and an alignment of Neptune with the Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 in Aquarius).

            Lynx (also known as the Tiger): "It is said to give stealthiness and
            cunning, many changes in life, and an adventurous career." [Robson]
            Robson also said the lynx was said to be able to see through walls.

            Giansar is in Draco the Dragon's tail.

            "'Hebrew name Giansar, "the punished enemy"'. (Bullinger The Witness
            of the Stars ).

            "Giansar and Giauzar are variously derived: either from Al Jauza',
            'the Twins', — a little star is in close proximity, — or from Al
            Jauzah, 'the Central One', as it is nearly midway between the Pointers
            and Polaris-; or, and still better, from the Persian Ghauzar, — Al
            Biruni's Jauzahar of Sasanian origin, — 'the Poison Place', referring
            to the notion that the nodes, or points where the moon crosses the
            ecliptic, were poisonous because they "'happened to be called the Head
            and Tail of the Dragon.'"

            Maybe we'll be hearing something special about homeland security and
            civil rights in the US or in some place under US control, possibly
            something having to do with the USA PATRIOT Act, or maybe about the
            prisons at Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib or Bagram Air Base, something
            like that.

            Mark A. Holmes
          • Shawhouse
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
              Stealth against an enemy using poison at the same time as
              Mars/Saturn/Neptune are aligning (which could also connotate poison)
              certainly gives you something to keep your eye on.
              Diana S.

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
                Jupiter

                Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

                Saturn

                Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)

                Uranus

                Skat (Delta Aquarii),
                Situla (Kappa Aquarii),
                North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

                Neptune

                Alnair (Alpha Gruis),
                Rotanev (Beta Delphini),
                Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

                Pluto

                Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi),
                Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australis)

                Ceres

                Agena (Beta Centauri),
                Arrakis (Mu Draconis),
                Men (Alpha Lupi)

                Pallas

                Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
                Spica (Alpha Virginis)
                Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

                Juno

                Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri)

                Vesta

                Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris),
                Furud (Zeta Canis Majoris),
                Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis, east of Epsilon Monocerotis in
                Monoceros the Unicorn's face, a diffuse nebula with an open cluster,
                NGC 2244, inside it)

                (I have "gain through responsibility" for the Rosette Nebula)

                Chiron

                Alpha Indi

                North Node

                Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
                Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

                South Node

                Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse <shawhouse@e...> wrote:
                  > Stealth against an enemy using poison at the same time as
                  > Mars/Saturn/Neptune are aligning (which could also connotate poison)
                  > certainly gives you something to keep your eye on.
                  > Diana S.

                  Maybe news of a plot against municipal water supplies or a "dirty
                  bomb" plot; or maybe something else about that homicidal Japanese cult
                  that released sarin on the Tokyo subway or about Jos`e Padilla, who
                  continues to languish in prison without trial or charge as an "enemy
                  combatant."

                  Mark A. Holmes

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 4, 2005
                    --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                    > Jupiter
                    >
                    > Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

                    in Bootes the Herdsman's left thigh;

                    (don't police officers keep their nightsticks strapped
                    to their left sides?)

                    Mufrid's name is Arabic for "the solitary [star of
                    the lancer]"

                    > Saturn
                    >
                    > Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)

                    located near the top of Puppis, the Poop Deck of the
                    Ship Argo (an elevated spot which might afford a good
                    view)

                    > Uranus
                    >
                    > Skat (Delta Aquarii),

                    the efforts to help out the disaster victims?

                    > Situla (Kappa Aquarii),

                    "the bucket"

                    > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

                    (suffering and destruction)

                    > Neptune
                    >
                    > Alnair (Alpha Gruis),

                    (issues of devotion, vigilance and longevity?)

                    > Rotanev (Beta Delphini),

                    in Delphinus the dolphin's throat (where it makes
                    those squeaky sounds that make up dolphin language)

                    ("they may be different but they're also entitled to
                    respect"[?])

                    > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
                    >
                    > Pluto
                    >
                    > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi),
                    > Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australis)

                    (law and order concerns?)

                    > Ceres
                    >
                    > Agena (Beta Centauri),

                    "It gives position, friendship, refinement, morality,
                    health and honor." (Robson)

                    (public health concerns?)

                    > Arrakis (Mu Draconis),

                    "the dancer"

                    (trying to dance away from blame, or pass the buck?)

                    > Men (Alpha Lupi)

                    marks Lupus the Wolf's tail

                    (not just predation, but contempt [i.e., to be crapped
                    on]?)

                    > Pallas
                    >
                    > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

                    (has a reputation for gaining justice through power)

                    > Spica (Alpha Virginis)

                    (Halliburton is already winning contracts to repair
                    Hurricane Katrina damage, and the FEMA director,
                    Michael D. Brown, is a crony of Bush's with no
                    experience in disaster relief)

                    > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

                    Near Bootes' left ear. Supposedly has an influence
                    similar to that of Arcturus. The Chinese called it by
                    a name meaning "to beckon, excite, or move."

                    (My source is Anne Wright's web site.)

                    (In cartoons in which a person's evil and good sides
                    are talking to him, the evil side is depicted as a
                    devil perched on his left shoulder talking into his
                    left ear.

                    Nekkar = A responsible person or person with
                    responsibility listening to bad advice or giving way
                    to the lower side of his nature?)

                    > Juno
                    >
                    > Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri)

                    "Catastrophe by weather conditions, floods,
                    shipwrecks. Acknowledged and leading position, but
                    will make enemies through whom danger will threaten.
                    Extraordinary energy." (Ebertin)

                    > Vesta
                    >
                    > Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris),

                    Arabic for "the announcer"; could indicate "all talk,
                    no action"

                    > Furud (Zeta Canis Majoris),

                    on the left hind foot of Canis Major the Great Dog;
                    the name is Arabic for "the bright single or
                    individual stars" or possibly "the apes"

                    (a bunch of people all "shining by themselves",
                    "making monkeys of themselves"?)

                    (New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin complained about "too
                    many cooks in the kitchen" in Hurricane Katrina relief
                    efforts)

                    > Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis, east of
                    > Epsilon Monocerotis in
                    > Monoceros the Unicorn's face, a diffuse nebula with
                    > an open cluster,
                    > NGC 2244, inside it)
                    >
                    > (I have "gain through responsibility" for the
                    > Rosette Nebula)
                    >
                    > Chiron
                    >
                    > Alpha Indi

                    Located in the feathered tail of the arrow or spear
                    Indus the American Indian is holding in his left hand.

                    http://www.coldwater.k12.mi.us/lms/planetarium/myth/Indus.html

                    Some authorities have linked Indus with an ossified,
                    reactionary, often mystical viewpoint.

                    BTW: Epsilon Indi, as a nearby star somewhat like the
                    Sun (but a lot cooler, as we've since found), has
                    historically gotten a lot of attention from
                    science-fiction writers and people interested in the
                    search for extraterrestrial life. It is the sun of the
                    Tellarites' home world in "Star Trek" lore. If you
                    ever wanted to know where Epsilon Indi is in Indus,
                    it's in the American Indian's right hand; he's holding
                    a bunch of arrows in it.

                    > North Node
                    >
                    > Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)

                    Arabic for "the broken down";

                    issues relating to popularity (Bush's?)

                    > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

                    marks the right shoulder of Cepheus the King, but its
                    name is Arabic for "the right arm"

                    > South Node
                    >
                    > Tso-Hia (Eta Corvi)

                    on the tail of Corvus the Crow.

                    Chinese for "the dust of the road." "The dust" seems
                    like a good way to describe the way those left behind
                    in New Orleans were treated at first.