Next November (was fire in Paris)

  • Astro Logos
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2005
      Hi Diana

      I suppose the question I have with all of your data is how can it be used to
      predict? Not in a deterministic sense but in a sense of suggesting the
      quality of a period at a place.

      I am suggesting that one can look for a planetary combination like the Sun
      opposite Uranus and then with that in place scan the globe for possible
      locations were the planetary combination is being activated by difficult
      stars. This yields a short and reasonable focused list.

      However if you are going to work with any chart points - 10 planets or
      luminaries, 4 angles (Asc, MC, IC and Desc) plus the two nodes, plus any
      other asteroids or Lots that you wish to use then you have at a minimum 16
      points. If you use an orb of just 2 degrees - one degree either side of the
      star's position and it would seem that you are using a wider orb ( You do
      not give the dates for most of the examples so I can only check a few but
      for Joan of Arc you are using an orb of 1 degree 27 minutes) So with an orb
      of 3 degrees (1.5 either side of the natal position) and the bare minimum of
      16 possible points (but once again you seem to use more then this as in the
      9/11 case where you use the full moon before the event) then there are 48
      degrees of the zodiac (possible more) were a point can exist and fit your
      requirements.

      Therefore for any event there is a 13.333% chance of a fit (if you stick to
      just the standard 16 points) and thus with a data set big enough you are
      always going to get a large set of fits.

      Now I am not saying you are wrong I am just saying that it seems useful only
      in retrospect and for me it is better to try to develop a system that can
      actually be used to predict the quality of a moment in advance.

      So do you want to try and do a future prediction?? We could pick a planetary
      combination in the future and get everyone to endeavour to predict the
      quality and the possible location of the event. Indeed in November there is
      a Mars, Neptune, Saturn T-square we could play with that if you were game
      :)))).

      I suggest this not as a test of right or wrong but just to try to step away
      from the retrospective theme of astrology and lets really try and be mundane
      astrologers working with fixed stars working with the future not the past. I
      mean the mere fact that astrology tells us that mid November is an
      interesting time is the first step re timing.

      What say you, and what say others on the group? We do not have to agree with
      each other but simply post our thoughts about the events of mid November -
      star wise BEFORE the events, not after.

      It could be fun........

      Bernadette