Fixed star alignments (September 22, 2013)

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 22, 2013
      As of midnight GMT. Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (with a
      1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      Tianshu (Struve 1694A Camelopardalis)

      *HT Camelopardalis

      Z Camelopardalis (cataclysmic variables aka novae)

      *Cor Canis Majoris (Pi Canis Majoris)

      Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis)

      *Kaimana (Nu Puppis)

      Saturn

      Nusakan (Beta Coronae Borealis)

      Wishing Well Cluster (NGC 3532 Carinae)

      *Omega Centauri (NGC 5139 Centauri; globalar cluster)

      Juxta (Epsilon Crucis)

      Marsik Sinistral (Chi Herculis)

      Sataghni (Pi Hydrae)

      NY Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Hoag's Object (PGC 54559 Serpentis [in Serpens Caput]; galaxy)
      (PGC -- Principal Galaxies Catalogue)

      *Passer (Gamma-2 Volantis)

      Uranus

      Deneb Algenubi (Eta Ceti)

      CP Lacertae

      DI Lacertae (cataclysmic variables)

      Neptune

      Sadalmelek (Alpha Aquarii)

      Ancha (Theta Aquarii)

      *Kae Uh (Omicron Aquarii)

      FO Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nova Cygni 1920 (V476 Cygni; cataclysmic variable)

      Al Lat (Phi Gruis)

      Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)

      *Tien Kang (Delta Piscis Austrini)

      Lacaille 9352 (HD 217987 Piscis Austrini)

      NGC 7052 (Vulpeculae; edge-on galaxy with suspected black hole)

      Pluto

      AM Herculis (cataclysmic variable)

      Umlindi Welinsizunu (Gamma Mensae)

      AQ Mensae (cataclysmic variable)

      Ocelli (Lambda Pavonis)

      Facies (M-22 Sagittarii; star cluster)

      Ioannina (Alpha Scuti)

      FV Scuti

      FH Serpentis (cataclysmic variables)

      Eris

      Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)

      Mirfak al Bintu (Eta Andromedae)

      Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

      Acamar (Theta Eridani)

      Mark A. Holmes
    • Gabriella Mittelman
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 23, 2013

        Dear Mark,

        I paid attention to the extraordinary effect of Sirius- when conjunct by a planet, it has major affects.

        Next time it will be Saturn to conjunct it- on Nov the 4th, and if you’ll check Wikipedia- see how many things

        Happened on that day!

        Sirius should be a positive star, no? at 14 Cancer- …

        Do you have any findings on Sirius?

        Thanks

        Gabriella

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 23, 2013
          Well, Sirius has been pretty well researched by many other people going back thousands of years. It seems generally positive, though it's been linked to dog bites and I think hot summer weather.

          http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Sirius.html

          Mark A. Holmes

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 23, 2013

            Melanie Reinhart wrote this article the last time Jupiter conjuncted Sirius:  http://www.melaniereinhart.com/melanie/astrologyarticles/siriusjupiter.php
            The star is less than a degree from the U.S. Sibley Sun (13Cancer 19).
            The last time around (December 2001) the U.S. was recovering from 9/11, and the forces of over the top deception, manipulation and deadly, misdirected revenge were on the ascendancy. Because of that memory, I don't have a positive feeling about this, although I would gladly be dissuaded from my concerns.
            Diana

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 23, 2013

              [Sirius with Jupiter] "Business success, journeys, help from relatives, ecclesiastical preferment." (Vivian Robson)

              We had allies in our war in Afghanistan [less so Iraq, mostly Britain and Australia]. 9-11 certainly was a boost to evangelical Christians and well-connected corporations such as Halliburton that provided services to the troops through no-bid contracts, also smaller businesses seeking to do business in Iraq, but no, our interventions in Afghanistan and Iraq weren't positive in many ways.

              Maybe the Saturn alignment with Sirius will be more positive (again from Robson):

              [Sirius with Saturn] "Steady, reserved, diplomatic, just, persevering, high position through friends, favorable for home, gifts and legacies, domestic harmony."

              Mark A. Holmes

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 23, 2013

                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_Days

                The Romans referred to the dog days as diēs caniculārēs and associated the hot weather with the star Sirius. They considered Sirius to be the "Dog Star" because it is the brightest star in the constellation Canis Major  (Large Dog). Sirius is also the brightest star in the night sky. The term "Dog Days" was used earlier by the Greeks (see, e.g., Aristotle's Physics).

                The Dog Days originally were the days when Sirius rose just before or at the same time as sunrise (heliacal rising), which is no longer true, owing to precession of the equinoxes. The Romans sacrificed a red dog in April to appease the rage of Sirius, believing that the star was the cause of the hot, sultry weather.

                The Dog Days were popularly believed to be an evil time. "The Sea boiled, the Wine turned sour, Dogs grew mad, and all other creatures became languid; causing to man, among other diseases, burning fevers, hysterics, and phrensies." according to Brady’s Clavis Calendaria (1813).

                So, is Sirius linked to "mad dog" behavior (feverish aggression, hysteria, frenzy)? We were kind of acting that way after 9-11.

                Mark A. Holmes

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 23, 2013

                    Sorry, Saturn will trine it – my mistake!