Re: somebody here?

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3 12:01 AM
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, betelgeuse <betelggeuse@y...> wrote:
      > hi,
      >
      > Wanted to ask if somebody here does calculates the star 15 & 30 deg
      aspects as Robson did. Since I would like to compare results.

      > Thank you.

      Do you mean 15, or did you intend to write 150? I didn't know Robson
      worked with semisextiles and quincunxes involving fixed stars, let
      alone exotic aspects like the half-semisextile (15-degree aspect).

      Mark A. Holmes
    • betelgeuse
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3 4:18 AM
        Thank you for answering,

        >>Do you mean 15, or did you intend to write 150? I didn't know Robson
        worked with semisextiles and quincunxes involving fixed stars, let
        alone exotic aspects like the half-semisextile (15-degree aspect).
        I mean the full Robson's theory on aspect calculation, which he means as
        "15 and 30 deg aspects", i.e. 30, 45, 60, 120, 135,  to which you may add
        other of the same series if you want.   Except if a star is precisely at the
        ecliptic, without latitude, the calculation as per Robson's formulae moves
        the ecliptic position to another point, which at high latitudes may be very
        very far from the supposed ecliptic position.  Also, the calculation of all
        these points converts the apparently 'void' ecliptic zones, in a map full
        of significant points.   I do calculate all those points, and would like to know
        if there is somebody here who has studied this, so as to know about the
        results obtained (in studying peoples lifes) as well as the points obtained.
        Of course the squares and oppositions are not affected by latitude.
        Unfortunately  what I have published up to now, is in Spanish.

        best wishes,

        alhena casanova

        Correo Yahoo!

      • Astrocalypse
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3 4:45 AM
          Alhena,

          I do look for 15 degree and the multiples for planetary aspects, and I think they do show actions.

          For fixed stars, most people look only for conjunctions and oppositions, it would certainly be an interesting area of research of using other aspects.  Would love to hear, even briefly, your experience with using 15d fixed stars aspect though.

          Cal

          Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:18 PM
          Subject: Re: [thefixedstars] Re: somebody here?

          Thank you for answering,

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 3 6:43 AM
            --- Astrocalypse <astrocalypse@...>
            wrote:
            > Alhena,
            >
            > I do look for 15 degree and the multiples for
            > planetary aspects, and I think they do show actions.

            When I was ordering charts from ACS, long ago, before
            I got my own computer and my own chart-computing
            software, I used to order fixed-star reports which had
            these aspects, calculated with a mathematical formula
            which for me was too complex to be expedient. I
            thought I saw meaning in some of the aspects given,
            but eventually just started doing the conjunctions,
            based on ecliptic longitude only.

            Just because I see fixed-star aspects this way doesn't
            mean others can't find the method used in these ACS
            reports (Robson's method?) useful.

            > For fixed stars, most people look only for
            > conjunctions and oppositions, it would certainly be
            > an interesting area of research of using other
            > aspects. Would love to hear, even briefly, your
            > experience with using 15d fixed stars aspect though.
            >
            > Cal

            Me, too.

            Mark A. Holmes

            __________________________________
            Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
          • betelgeuse
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 3 11:15 AM
              hello Cal,

              You are speaking of the common ecliptic aspects calculated by every
              program, either commercial or non commercial.  It doesn't matter it
              is a trine, a 15 deg, a 45 deg;  if it has latitude, the aspect is not where
              you suppose on basis of your program, or your calculations (eg
              trine = body position + 120 deg).  Thus you can only trust the conjunctions,
              oppositions, and squares.  Any research apart from that, is useful if you
              do not calculate the 15 and 30 deg aspects AS ROBSON DID.

              Achernar for instance, positioned at 15 piscis, in your practice would trine
              two points: 15 cancer and 15 scorpio.  This is wrong.  The Achernar trines
              (which also vary depending on the geographical latitude) for a mean geo
              lat of 30 to 40, fall around 0 virgo and 25 virgo.  Same happens with any semisextile, sextile, semiquadrat, sesquicuadrat, and any other aspect
              you want to add, even your 15 deg which I consider of a very
              minor effect.

              Anyhow, my question has been answered, by the negative.  Since no
              person here came to say "Yes, I calculate aspects with Robson's
              formulae considering star latitud and geo latitude".    Frankly speaking, I expected a dozen voices saying "there is such and such a program which
              do what you mention".  I was wrong.

              kindly,
              alhena casanova

              Correo Yahoo!

            • betelgeuse
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3 11:43 AM
                I wrote
                >>>Any research apart from that, is useful if you
                do not calculate the 15 and 30 deg aspects AS ROBSON DID.>>>>>>>>>

                but it should be

                Any research apart from that, is useless if you do not calculate the 15 and 30 deg aspects AS ROBSON DID.

                Sorry
                alhena casanova

                250MB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
                Abrí tu cuenta aquí