Re: [thefixedstars] The George Zimmerman verdict

  • Shawhouse
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2013
      Thank you for posting.  Very interesting, especially Neptune/Fomalhaut and Eris/Batn Kaitos.  I have a hard time accepting that there is a higher power at work when events don't go the way I perceive as just.
      On 7/24/2013 4:47 PM, mahtezcatpoc wrote:

      Some of the alignments at the time of the verdict (I think 10 pm EDT in Sanford, Florida):

      Mekbuda (Zeta Geminorum)

      (from the Arabic for "contracted, withdrawn, pulled in")

      Sirius (Alpha Canis Majoris)

      "It gives honor, renown, wealth, ardor, faithfulness, devotion, passion and resentment, and makes its natives custodians, curators and guardians." (Vivian Robson)

      Merak (Alpha Ursae Majoris)

      "...love of command and domination..." (Elsbeth Ebertin)

      Menkalinan (Beta Aurigae)

      "It causes ruin, disgrace, and frequently violent death." (Vivian Robson)

      Tempestris (Gamma Monocerotis)

      (Latin for "of the tempest")

      Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)

      (from the Arabic for "the right arm of the king"; marks Cepheus the King's right shoulder)

      (power coming from moral authority?)

      Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)

      "It is said to be very fortunate and powerful and yet to cause malevolence of sublime scope and character, and change from a material to a spiritual form of expression." (Robson)

      Umlindi Welinsizunu (Gamma Mensae)

      (Xhosa for "watcher of the south")

      (kind of suggests Zimmerman's position as a neighborhood watch volunteer)

      Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

      "It gives compulsory transportation, change or emigration, misfortune by force or accident, shipwreck but also rescue, falls and blows." (Robson)

      "The Whale really means "monster". The Saturnine properties, such as inhibition, reserve, caution, solitude and simplicity are often forced onto such people, either by a mundane power or a higher power. Sometimes ideas are propagated which make life for the native trying or troublesome. To such persons, fate is usually one of change. People influenced thus, tend to depression or dwell on the thought of death. Life often is full of humiliation, renunciation and obstacles." (Ebertin)

      Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)

      "...[gives] care and responsibility, with a charitable and fostering nature, but danger of violent death, serious accidents and burns." (Robson)

      Al Hecka (Zeta Tauri)

      "It gives violence, male violence and danger of accidents." (Robson)

      South Node

      Cih (Gamma Cassiopeiae)

      (Chinese for "the whip")

      Menkar (Alpha Ceti)

      "It causes disease, disgrace, ruin, injury from beasts, sickness, and loss of fortune." (Robson)