Re: Jikiketsu and Jikininki

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10 4:25 PM
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

      > I gave the proper name Jikiketsu, which is Japanese for "drinking blood" to Lambda Muscae, a faint star which I think is in the head of Musca the Fly. Another star close by, Mu Muscae, I gave another Japanese name, Jikininki ("ghosts that eat people").
      >
      > The "bloodthirsty" (literally and figuratively) seem to have been quite active lately.

      For example, while the alignments of these stars with Saturn have been in force, from about the middle of January to late March, the gun nuts and their allies have been stoking fears and paranoia post-Newtown about gun regulation and school shootings, so now you can bring guns into more places than ever before and sensible gun regulation has become less likely.

      Mark A. Holmes

      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
      > >
      > > As of midnight GMT. Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't
      > > there a week ago today (with a
      > > 1 00'
      > > orb).
      > >

      > > Saturn
      >

      > > Jikiketsu (Lambda Muscae)

    • Shawhouse
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10 4:33 PM
        When is their impact going to diminish?
        Diana

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10 4:38 PM
          The alignments are over (orb 1 00'). Hopefully, we'll get background checks for gun buyers passed (it's only reasonable, wouldn't you agree?) I don't know about an assault weapon ban now. Members of Congress from conservative areas seem to be running scared of the NRA, which is enthusiastically invoking boogeymen ("jikininki"?) to terrorize them.

          Mark A. Holmes