Today is Martin Luther King Day in the US.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2013
      "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."--Martin Luther King, Jr.,"Letter From A Birmingham Jail"

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19
        "The war in Vietnam is but a symptom of a far deeper malady within the American spirit, and if we ignore this sobering reality, and if we ignore this sobering reality, we will find ourselves organizing 'clergy and laymen concerned'  committees for the next generation. They will be concerned about Guatemala and Peru. They will be concerned about Thailand and Cambodia. They will be concerned about Mozambique and South Africa. We will be marching for these and a dozen other names and attending rallies without end unless there is a significant and profound change in American life and policy...

        "True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring."--Martin Luther King, Jr. (from a speech given at Riverside Church in New York, April 4, 1967)