Re: Moon occultation with Fixed Star effect on first meeting

  • Heather Cameron
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 23, 2005
      <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

      > Here's what the Brady star file in SF5 has to say
      > about Aldebaran:
      >
      > "One of the Royal Stars of Persia, The Watcher of the
      > East. Like the other three Royal Stars, Aldebaran
      > promises great success as long as certain conditions
      > are fulfilled. The issue for Aldebaran is one of
      > integrity. If the individual strives to achieve
      > without compromising their integrity, then there can
      > be great success. However, they will be tempted to
      > compromise themselves and if they succumb, this is
      > their downfall."
      >
      > Hope this helps.

      *** Thanks Mark. Got the message "integrity" is what is needed
      to keep the lovely aura that Aldebaran invokes. Occultation of the
      moon means that the moon takes on the vibes of the fixed star. Just as
      the Lunar occultation of Saturn the day before 9-11 meant security
      needs were to be paramount. How long do these occultation effects last
      for...19 years?

      It opposes Antares which is your speciality isn't it? I found some
      pics of Aldebaran next to our own sun; it is huge in comparison. They
      say it has nearly used up all it's nuclear material. What happens then?

      By the way what is our Sun called as a Fixed Star in the scheme of things?

      Heather
    • Shawhouse
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 23, 2005
        My youngest son has Antares rising conjunct Uranus, which also means he
        has Aldebaran on his 7th house cusp. I'm wondering if you fixed star
        experts have any comments. His birth data is: 7/24/84 4:19 pm Santa
        Monica CA.
        Diana

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 23, 2005
          --- Heather Cameron <HeatherCam@...>
          wrote:

          > Occultation of the
          > moon means that the moon takes on the vibes of the
          > fixed star. Just as
          > the Lunar occultation of Saturn the day before 9-11
          > meant security
          > needs were to be paramount. How long do these
          > occultation effects last
          > for...19 years?

          I don't really know. Maybe they're like eclipses and
          there's a formula for finding out how long the effects
          last (one second per month, year, whatever).

          > It opposes Antares which is your speciality isn't
          > it? I found some
          > pics of Aldebaran next to our own sun; it is huge in
          > comparison. They
          > say it has nearly used up all it's nuclear material.
          > What happens then?

          Aldebaran is an orange giant (type K). I think it's a
          supergiant, and therefore would follow the supergiant
          path.

          http://rst.gsfc.nasa.gov/Sect20/A5.html

          > By the way what is our Sun called as a Fixed Star in
          > the scheme of things?

          I don't understand what you mean.

        • Heather Cameron
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 23, 2005
            <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
            I found some
            > > pics of Aldebaran next to our own sun; it is huge in
            > > comparison. They
            > > say it has nearly used up all it's nuclear material.
            > > What happens then?
            >
            > Aldebaran is an orange giant (type K). I think it's a
            > supergiant, and therefore would follow the supergiant
            > path.
            >
            > http://rst.gsfc.nasa.gov/Sect20/A5.html
            >

            > > By the way what is our Sun called as a Fixed Star in
            > > the scheme of things?
            >

            > I don't understand what you mean.

            I don't blame you for not understanding....I was rather vague about it
            all.

            I figured out Sun is Helios by the Greeks, Sol by the Romans, Sun by
            English, and it is what is classed as an ordinary star.
            Now I am getting confused and thinking that if other fixed stars have
            a system, are they then called Suns at the centre with planets or do
            they call them say Antares system, Regulus system, Andromeda system,
            or Aldebaran system etc.like that?

            ("...The Sun is the star in the middle of our Solar System, which
            provides us here on Earth with light and warmth. Because the Sun is a
            star, stars are sometimes referred to as suns...)

            ("THE SUN. Similar in many languages, "Sun," related to Latin's "sol,"
            was represented in ancient Greece as Helios, god of the Sun. Giver of
            warmth and life, we hardly think of the Sun as a star, the term "Sun
            and stars" in constant use, though the surmise that it is a star goes
            back to ancient times. It is different because it is OUR star, the one
            that belongs to us, the one we can see most closely, and the one we
            know most about...")http://www.astro.uiuc.edu/~kaler/sow/sun.html

            Then there are all the different Sun gods from different nationalities
            and times long gone by. There is a good article on
            "The Sun as universal diety" here
            http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta11.htm

            Not to forget the moon.

            The Moon is rather confusing also as moons orbiting other planets have
            specific names. Sure our Moon has too, it is called Luna but seldom
            actually called this in the English language. Just shows how easily we
            can fall into an earth bound view of it all.

            Heather
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 24, 2005
              --- Shawhouse <shawhouse@...> wrote:

              > My youngest son has Antares rising conjunct Uranus,
              > which also means he
              > has Aldebaran on his 7th house cusp. I'm wondering
              > if you fixed star
              > experts have any comments. His birth data is:
              > 7/24/84 4:19 pm Santa
              > Monica CA.
              > Diana

              I haven't really looked at star alignments to the
              Descendant or IC. I would think that Aldebaran's
              influence would be affecting matters relating to the
              Descendant with him.

              Mark A. Holmes

              > Heather Cameron wrote:
              >
              > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
              > Holmes
              > > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > Here's what the Brady star file in SF5 has to
              > say
              > > > about Aldebaran:
              > > >
              > > > "One of the Royal Stars of Persia, The Watcher
              > of the
              > > > East. Like the other three Royal Stars,
              > Aldebaran
              > > > promises great success as long as certain
              > conditions
              > > > are fulfilled. The issue for Aldebaran is one of
              > > > integrity. If the individual strives to achieve
              > > > without compromising their integrity, then there
              > can
              > > > be great success. However, they will be tempted
              > > > compromise themselves and if they succumb, this
              > is
              > > > their downfall."
              > > >
              > > > Hope this helps.
              > >
              > > *** Thanks Mark. Got the message "integrity" is
              > what is needed
              > > to keep the lovely aura that Aldebaran invokes.
              > Occultation of the
              > > moon means that the moon takes on the vibes of the
              > fixed star. Just as
              > > the Lunar occultation of Saturn the day before
              > 9-11 meant security
              > > needs were to be paramount. How long do these
              > occultation effects last
              > > for...19 years?
              > >
              > > It opposes Antares which is your speciality isn't
              > it? I found some
              > > pics of Aldebaran next to our own sun; it is huge
              > in comparison. They
              > > say it has nearly used up all it's nuclear
              > material. What happens then?
              > >
              > > By the way what is our Sun called as a Fixed Star
              > in the scheme of things?
              > >
              > > Heather

              > email to:

              > Yahoo! Terms of

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Heather Cameron
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 24, 2005
                Diana,
                There is available at the UK Starlight software site

                a listing of parans etc. for free at

                http://www.zyntara.com/free_paran_page.htm

                Like it is just an example what you would get out of a total natal
                printout from their program. It is Bernadette Brady's site...and she
                is on this list.

                This might tell you if Antares is rising or Aldebaran is setting for
                you son at the time of birth. Far as I can see this is more important
                than the stars being conjunct the angles, due to parallax effect of
                the horizon, and the orbs for fixed stars needing to be 1 deg. However
                I could be wrong on this....being rather sketchy on my fixed stars study.

                The program is for sale on special at 170 GBP on this site, and there
                are not many copies left at this price. I would love a copy but it
                comes to over 404AUD for me.

                What intrigues me about the fixed stars is that one can work out for
                each planet rising what fixed star is culminating, setting etc. So one
                would thus suppose here is added information to be gleaned of how this
                energy works for the person. Fascinating!

                Heather

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 24, 2005
                  Thanks. I ordered a paran chart for my son.
                  Diana