Re: [thefixedstars] Star orbs/Khambalia/Antares/Han

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
      --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
      wrote:

      > > Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 01:47:05 -0000
      > > From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
      > >Subject: Re: Star orbs
      >
      > Mark wrote:
      >
      > >I know I have Vesta conjunct Khambalia (Lambda
      > Virginis)
      > >using a 1-degree orb; using Joseph Rigor's orb for
      > Khambalia
      > >(1 30') I also have Mars conjunct it. I don't
      > believe I have
      > >enough experience with fixed stars yet to decide
      > whether I
      > >should use wider orbs or not. Maybe this relatively
      > >conservative approach will end up working out for
      > me,
      > >though.
      >
      > That's interesting - Khambalia is associated with
      > foot
      > problems and/or lameness. Does this relate to
      > anything in
      > your life?

      I've never had any problems with my feet.

      > An interesting example: the 14th-century Uzbek
      > conqueror
      > Tamerlane had Khambalia culminating, and he was
      > "Timor-I-Lenk" - Timor the Limper, because of an
      > early
      > injury to his foot.
      > >
      > >I also have Moon conjunct Antares, and I've never
      > tried to
      > >con anybody, but when I get really interested in
      > something
      > >(say, asteroid research) I can be pretty energetic
      > about it;
      > >maybe this aspect has something to do with my
      > tastes in art,
      > >music, and literature as well. I like hard rock;
      > authors
      > >like Bret Easton Ellis and H.P. Lovecraft; artists
      > like
      > >Dali, Francis Bacon, Goya, and Albrecht Durer; and
      > horror
      > >movies.
      >
      > Interesting! It fits, because under cheery, outgoing
      > Sag is the
      > brooding Scorpion...
      >
      > > While I think that the notorious Super Bowl
      > >half-time show with Janet Jackson and Justin
      > Timberlake was
      > >probably inappropriate (that breast-baring stunt
      > was sprung
      > >on people, and they should have known that a lot of
      > viewers
      > >wouldn't have appreciated it), I'm also suspicious
      > of this
      > >zeal some people have to sanitize the airwaves and
      > the
      > >culture.
      >
      > I absolutely agree with you here.

      Some people want to regulate away what they,
      personally, don't like, and there's a real danger in
      that.

      > From the Report Writer: people with Moon with
      > Starset Antares
      > (from 9 Sag 20 to 12 Sag 46
      >
      > This starset also includes Tau Scorpii, one of two
      > Praecordia, "Veins which Suspend the Heart" or
      > "Outworks of
      > the Heart"

      What would be the other one?

      Rastaban (also called Alwaid), Beta
      > Draconis, the
      > eye of Draco, the Dragon, Kuma, Nu2 Draconis in his
      > head,

      My fixed-star report in SolarFire 5 using the complete
      built-in list has my Moon not only conjunct Antares
      and Han, but also Kuma (Nu-1 Draconis).

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Kuma.html

      "At last" seems to be an apt description sometimes.

      > Omega Ophiuchi in the left foot of Ophiuchus, the
      > Serpent-Bearer (stepping on, and, some say,
      > crushing, the
      > Scorpion-of-death); the Greeks said Ophiuchus was
      > Aesculapius, the great physician, Son of Apollo,
      > Globular
      > Custer M12 and "gigantic" supermassive colliding
      > Galaxies/Black Holes (NGC 6240) in the chest of
      > Ophiuchus
      > (these rightly belong to Serpens, the Serpent, for
      > early
      > texts describe the Serpent winding around the great
      > shamanic
      > figure of Ophiuchus) (serpents have always been
      > associated
      > with healing and renewal, because they shed their
      > skins and
      > grow new ones)

      I've always felt that since Serpens is in two pieces,
      Serpens Caput (the snake's head) and Serpens Cauda
      (the snake's tail), divided by Ophiuchus, astronomers
      ought to make them two constellations. They haven't
      cut up a constellation since Argo was divided in the
      18th century, though.

      Pi Herculis in the left groin or
      > thigh of
      > Hercules, the Strong Man.

      SolarFire 5's list of the fixed stars from fifth
      magnitude up isn't an exhaustive one. I've had to add
      some of them manually in custom files.

      Mark A. Homes

      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!