Obama announcement of same-sex marriage equality

    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2012
      May 9, 2012
      3:00 pm
      Washington

      (from the Political Astrology list)

      Mercury

      Mirach (Beta Andromedae)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Mirach.html

      According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Venus; and, to Alvidas, of Mars and the Moon. It gives personal beauty, a brilliant mind, a love of home, great devotion, beneficence, forgiveness, love, overcoming by kindness, renown, and good fortune in marriage. [Robson*, p.178.]

      Many interests, tendency to inspiration and medium-ship as a base for artistic creations, altruism, cheerfulness, happiness, love of company. These people have a stimulating effect on others, they make friends easily and are helped on in life by others. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.14-15.]

      Mira (Omicron Ceti)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Mira.html

      Its nature corresponds to Saturn and Jupiter. Connected well and with a well placed Saturn and linked up well otherwise, this will mean prudence, perseverance, versatility, a progressive spirit and endurance in solving difficult problems. This star in unhelpful connections, will bring as results failures, fiascoes, enmity, especially with Saturn transits and when linked with the Moon, melancholy will then appear. Linked with Mercury, it will mean a lessening of spiritual forces. In critical situations, suicide is indicated. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.15.]

      Venus

      Mintaka (Delta Orionis; in Orion's Belt [Cingula Orionis])

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Mintaka.html

      Robson gives influences for Mintaka and Alnilam separately and jointly under Cingula Orionis; the Belt of Orion
      According to Ptolemy Mintaka is of the nature of Saturn and Mercury; and to Alvidas, of Mercury, Saturn and Jupiter. It gives good fortune. [Robson*, p.177.]
      General influence of the Cingula Orionis (Orion's Belt): The joint influence is to give strength, energy, industry, organizing abilities, notoriety, good fortune, lasting happiness, a sharp mind and a good memory. [Robson*, p.156.]
      When rising, Alnilam, together with Alnitak and Mintaka, portend irreligious and treacherous individuals. These stars in medieval times were said to presage those who were "passionately devoted to hunting, but not noble hunting with falcon or bow". Aspected by Saturn, the indications are for excellent fishermen, and in a female chart, any of these three stars rising or aspected by both Mars and a benefic portend a shrew. When setting and aspected by Mars any of these three stars indicate individuals who will incur all kinds of dangers. Mintaka alone portents good fortune as regards the growing of grain crops. [Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.44.]

      Alnilam (Epsilon Orionis; in Cingula Orionis)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Alnilam.html

      According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Jupiter and Saturn; and to Alvidas of Mercury and Saturn. It gives fleeting public honors. [Robson*, p.128.]
      The star Alnilam portends public honors to all those born under its influence. It is also said to indicate a good nut crop. When rising, Alnilam. together with Alnitak and Mintaka, portend irreligious and treacherous individuals. These stars in medieval times were said to presage those who were "passionately devoted to hunting, but not noble hunting with falcon or bow". Aspected by Saturn, the indications are for excellent fishermen, and in a female chart, any of these three stars rising or aspected by both Mars and a benefic portend a shrew. When setting and aspected by Mars any of these three stars indicate individuals who will incur all kinds of dangers. [Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.44.]
      General influence of the Cingula Orionis (Orion's Belt): The joint influence is to give strength, energy, industry, organizing abilities, notoriety, good fortune, lasting happiness, a sharp mind and a good memory. [Robson*, p.156.]

      Ensis (Theta/M-42 Orionis, the Orion Nebula and Trapezium star cluster)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Ensis.html

      Of the nature of Mars and the Moon. It causes blindness, defective sight (all nebula gives this effect), injuries to the eyes, sickness and a violent death. [Robson*, p.165.]

      Mars

      Thuban (Alpha Draconis)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Thuban.html

      When rising, Thuban indicates prospectors of gold and silver or those who are ministers of money (this might include accountants, clerical workers, cashiers etc. nowadays). If setting and if Mars is conjunct the descendant or in harsh aspect with it, it is said to presage the native being burned in his own house or killed by public execution. [Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.6.]

      Saturn

      Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Arcturus.html

      According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Mars and Jupiter, but Alvidas substitutes Venus and Mercury conjoined. It gives riches, honors, high renown, self-determination and prosperity by navigation and voyages. [Robson*, p.139.]
      "Bear leader-guardian", meaning observer of the "Great Bear", or "The Saucepan" or "Big Dipper" respectively. Main star of constellation Bootes (= driver of oxen), has a Jupiter-Mars nature, and a reputation of achieving "justice through power". It therefore makes the native belligerent and quarrelsome, especially if attached to Mars and Jupiter by conjunction. A really go-ahead and enterprising spirit is here the rule, as indicated by Jupiter-Mars. Lasting success is promised if further good aspects are present. If critically aspected, the good influence will be hampered or made into a real handicap. If involved in legal action, such a native may lose all. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.63.]

      Spica (Alpha Virginis)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Spica.html

      According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Venus and Mars; and, to Alvidas, of Venus, Jupiter and Mercury. It gives success, renown, riches, a sweet disposition, love of art and science, unscrupulousness, unfruitfulness and injustice to innocence. [Robson*, p.211.]

      Neptune

      Sadalmelek (Alpha Aquarii)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Sadalmelek.html

      According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn and Mercury; to Simmonite, of Saturn and Jupiter; and to Alvidas of Jupiter and Uranus in sextile to the Sun from Pisces and Taurus. It causes persecution, lawsuits, extreme and sudden destruction and the death penalty. [Robson*, p.200.]

      Pluto

      Facies (M-22 Sagittarii, a globular cluster)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Facies.html

      The nebula in the Archer's Face is of the nature of the Sun and Mars, and causes blindness, defective sight (all nebula can cause blindness), sickness, accidents and a violent death. [Robson*, p.165.]
      Much blamed for accidents and broken limbs and so on. The Latin name is from the verb Facere, to make or do something, and it is often said to portend accidents due to the victim's own careless actions. Naturally, there is a positive side to Facies, it symbolizes well that kind of Sagittarian who goes out to climb mountains, race cars, enter the ski-jump team or the Grand National steeplechase, making it right to the top and no doubt breaking a few bones along the way. On the more philosophical side it will mark those who must see their outlook and beliefs carried into practical effect somewhere, so that they go out on missions, set up their own churches and centers engage in good works of famine or refugee relief and so on. Inevitably they get hurt at times, but perhaps find compensation in the value of their works. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, p.94-95.].

      Eris

      Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/BatenKaitos.html

      It gives compulsory transportation, change or emigration, misfortune by force or accident, shipwreck but also rescue, falls and blows. [Robson*, p.145.]
      The Whale really means "monster". The Saturnine properties, such as inhibition, reserve, caution, solitude and simplicity are often forced onto such people, either by a mundane power or a higher power. Sometimes ideas are propagated which make life for the native trying or troublesome. To such persons, fate is usually one of change. People influenced thus, tend to depression or dwell on the thought of death. Life often is full of humiliation, renunciation and obstacles. But the position of the complete chart is always important. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.14.]

      Juno

      Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/YedPrior.html

      According to Ptolemy it is like Saturn and moderately like Venus. It is said to give a passionate, blindly good-hearted, wasteful and easily seduced nature, unseen dangers, enmity and slander. Pliny said that it occasioned much mortality by poisoning. This constellation has also been called Aesculapius and held to rule medicines. By the Kabalists it is associated with the Hebrew letter Oin and the 16th Tarot Trump "The Lightning Struck Tower". [Robson*, p.54.]

      Vesta

      Sharatan (Beta Arietis)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Sheratan.html

      Of the nature of Mars and Saturn. It causes bodily injuries, unscrupulous defeat, destruction by fire, war or earthquake. [Robson*, p.208.]
      Daredevils and bold, danger is indicated when acting impulsively and in a foolhardy way. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.18, under the name El-Scheratain.]

      Chiron

      Skat (Delta Aquarii)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Skat.html

      According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn and Jupiter; to Simmonite, of Uranus; and, to Alvidas, of Uranus and Venus in sextile to Mercury. It gives good fortune and lasting happiness. [Robson*, p.210.]
      The star Skat gives good fortune and lasting happiness and also it is said to indicate safety in a deluge. [Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.40.]

      South Node

      Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri, in the Hyades)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/PrimaHyadum.html

      According to Ptolemy they are of the nature of Saturn and Mercury; and, to Alvidas, of Mercury and Mars. Simmonite likens the Hyades to Mars but this is probably a misinterpretation of Ptolemy's meaning. They give tears, sudden events, violence, fierceness, poisoning, blindness, wounds or injuries to the head by instruments, weapons or fevers, and contradictions of fortune. [Robson*, p.189.]
      Striving for prestige leading to power politics leads to tremendous success in life if bridled, if not, failure and a fall from power. May exploit other human beings in quest of power. Staggering increase in sexual urge, a dissolute life, excessive and licentious ways. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.28.]
      Saturn-Mercury star in Ptolemy's coding, which we might well describe as unhappy thoughts and so it shows up when the star is on a difficult spot or planet in a horoscope. But if it be harmonious in aspect, instead, the same star denotes a good clear thinker, writer or speaker. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, p.37-38.]

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2012
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

        > May 9, 2012
        > 3:00 pm
        > Washington
        >
        > (from the Political Astrology list)

        Moon

        Alathfar (Mu Lyrae)

        (Arabic for "the talons")

        (catching and holding onto)

        Umlindi Welinsizunu (Gamma Mensae)

        (my own coinage--Xhosa for "watcher of the south")

        Nanto (Phi Sagittarii)

        (Chinese for "south dipper")

        (like Border Patrol agents at the Mexican border--or Minuteman vigilante squads--watching for the disadvantaged trying to get in; a sentiment, "keep the riffrafff out")

        Sun

        Kaoh Pih (Zeta Doradus)

        (Chinese for "high attainment")

        > Mercury
        >
        > Mirach (Beta Andromedae)
        >

        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Mirach.html
        >

        > According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Venus; and,
        > to Alvidas, of Mars and the Moon. It gives personal beauty, a brilliant mind, a
        > love of home, great devotion, beneficence, forgiveness, love, overcoming by kindness,
        > renown, and good fortune in marriage. [Robson*, p.178.]
        >
        > Many interests, tendency to inspiration and medium-ship
        > as a base for artistic creations, altruism, cheerfulness, happiness, love of company.
        > These people have a stimulating effect on others, they make friends easily and are
        > helped on in life by others. [Fixed
        > Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.14-15.]
        >
        > Mira (Omicron Ceti)
        >

        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Mira.html
        >

        > Its nature corresponds to Saturn and Jupiter. Connected
        > well and with a well placed Saturn and linked up well otherwise, this will mean
        > prudence, perseverance, versatility, a progressive spirit and endurance in solving
        > difficult problems. This star in unhelpful connections, will bring as results failures,
        > fiascoes, enmity, especially with Saturn transits and when linked with the Moon,
        > melancholy will then appear. Linked with Mercury, it will mean a lessening of spiritual
        > forces. In critical situations, suicide is indicated. [Fixed
        > Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.15.]

        Alsafi (Sigma Draconis)

        (from the Arabic for "the braziers")

        (think soldiers camping out)

> [...]
        >
        > Ensis (Theta/M-42 Orionis, the Orion Nebula and Trapezium star cluster)
        >

        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Ensis.html
        >
        > Of the nature of Mars and the Moon. It causes blindness,
        > defective sight (all nebula gives this effect), injuries to the eyes, sickness and a violent death. [Robson*,
        > p.165.]
        >

        > Mars
        >
        > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
        >
        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Thuban.html
        >
        > When rising, Thuban indicates prospectors of gold and
        > silver or those who are ministers of money (this might include accountants, clerical
        > workers, cashiers etc. nowadays). If setting and if Mars is conjunct the descendant
        > or in harsh aspect with it, it is said to presage the native being burned in his
        > own house or killed by public execution. [Fixed
        > Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.6.]

        Jupiter

        Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)

        (Akkadian for "sign of spring")

        Ushakaron (Xi Tauri)

        (Akkadian for "the exacter of justice")

        > Saturn
        >
        > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
        >
        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Arcturus.html
        >
        > According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Mars and Jupiter, but Alvidas substitutes
        > Venus and Mercury conjoined. It gives riches, honors, high renown, self-determination
        > and prosperity by navigation and voyages. [Robson*, p.139.]
        > "Bear leader-guardian", meaning observer of the "Great Bear", or "The Saucepan"
        > or "Big Dipper" respectively. Main star of constellation Bootes (= driver
        > of oxen), has a Jupiter-Mars nature, and a reputation of achieving "justice through
        > power". It therefore makes the native belligerent and quarrelsome, especially if
        > attached to Mars and Jupiter by conjunction. A really go-ahead and enterprising
        > spirit is here the rule, as indicated by Jupiter-Mars. Lasting success is promised
        > if further good aspects are present. If critically aspected, the good influence
        > will be hampered or made into a real handicap. If involved in legal action, such
        > a native may lose all. [Fixed
        > Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.63.]
        >
        > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
        >
        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Spica.html
        >

        > According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Venus and
        > Mars; and, to Alvidas, of Venus, Jupiter and Mercury. It gives success, renown,
        > riches, a sweet disposition, love of art and science, unscrupulousness, unfruitfulness
        > and injustice to innocence. [Robson*, p.211.]

        Uranus

        Lucida Reticuli (Alpha Reticuli)

        The brightest star in Reticulum (the Net or the Telescope Reticule)

        (having to do with catching and holding, or focusing)

        > Neptune
        >
        > Sadalmelek (Alpha Aquarii)
        >

        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Sadalmelek.html
        >

        > According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn and
        > Mercury; to Simmonite, of Saturn and Jupiter; and to Alvidas of Jupiter and Uranus
        > in sextile to the Sun from Pisces and Taurus. It causes persecution, lawsuits, extreme
        > and sudden destruction and the death penalty. [Robson*,
        > p.200.]
        >

        > Pluto
        >
        > Facies (M-22 Sagittarii, a globular cluster)
        >

        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Facies.html
        >
        > The nebula in the Archer's Face is of the nature of the Sun
        > and Mars, and causes blindness, defective sight (all nebula can cause blindness), sickness, accidents and a violent
        > death. [Robson*, p.165.]
        > Much blamed for accidents and broken limbs and so on.
        > The Latin name is from the verb Facere, to make or do something, and it
        > is often said to portend accidents due to the victim's own careless actions. Naturally,
        > there is a positive side to Facies, it symbolizes well that kind of Sagittarian
        > who goes out to climb mountains, race cars, enter the ski-jump team or the Grand
        > National steeplechase, making it right to the top and no doubt breaking a few bones
        > along the way. On the more philosophical side it will mark those who must see their
        > outlook and beliefs carried into practical effect somewhere, so that they go out
        > on missions, set up their own churches and centers engage in good works of famine
        > or refugee relief and so on. Inevitably they get hurt at times, but perhaps find
        > compensation in the value of their works. [The
        > Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, p.94-95.].

        Umlindi Welinsizunu (Gamma Mensae)

        > Eris
        >
        > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
        >

        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/BatenKaitos.html
        >

        > It gives compulsory transportation, change or emigration,
        > misfortune by force or accident, shipwreck but also rescue, falls and blows. [Robson*,
        > p.145.]
        > The Whale really means "monster". The Saturnine properties,
        > such as inhibition, reserve, caution, solitude and simplicity are often forced onto
        > such people, either by a mundane power or a higher power. Sometimes ideas are propagated
        > which make life for the native trying or troublesome. To such persons, fate is usually
        > one of change. People influenced thus, tend to depression or dwell on the thought
        > of death. Life often is full of humiliation, renunciation and obstacles. But the
        > position of the complete chart is always important. [Fixed
        > Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.14.]

        Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)

        (Arabic = the woman's bosom)

        Kui (Zeta Andromedae)

        (my own coinage--Chinese for "foot," "legs" or "wild boar")

        (giving power or speed, fleeing from something)

        Mirfak al Bintu (Eta Andromedae)

        (my own coinage--Arabic for "the girl's elbow")