Trayvon Martin shooting

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2012
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

      February 26, 2012
      7:12 pm EST
      Sanford, FL

      Alignments of fixed stars at this time:

      Moon

      Sheratan (Beta Arietis)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Sheratan.html

      "Of the nature of Mars and Saturn. It causes bodily injuries, unscrupulous defeat, destruction by fire, war or earthquake. [Vivian Robson, "The Fixed Stars And Their Influence," p.208.]

      Daredevils and bold, danger is indicated when acting impulsively and in a foolhardy way. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.18, under the name El-Scheratain.]"

      Mars

      Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris)

      "Supposedly, Mizar portends a Mars nature. The reputation of Mizar, if it is in maximal position in a mundane map, is that of being connected with fires of a catastrophic extent and mass calamities. In personal charts Mizar is not helpful if conjunct with 'bad' planets. It is not wrong to assume that, besides these handicaps, artistic emanations can also be attributed to Mizar. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.55.]

      Presages the death of a loved one. [Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.5.]"

      Uranus

      Difda (Beta Ceti)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/DenebKaitos.html

      "According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn; and, to Alvidas, of Mars, Saturn and Mercury. It causes self-destruction by brute force, sickness, disgrace, misfortune and compulsory change. [Robson*, p.162.]

      Inhibitions and restraints in every way, psychologically and physically. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.12.]"

      Pluto

      Facies (M-22 Sagittarii)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Facies.html

      "The nebula in the Archer's Face is of the nature of the Sun and Mars, and causes blindness, defective sight (all nebula can cause blindness), sickness, accidents and a violent death. [Robson*, p.165.]

      Much blamed for accidents and broken limbs and so on. The Latin name is from the verb Facere, to make or do something, and it is often said to portend accidents due to the victim's own careless actions. Naturally, there is a positive side to Facies, it symbolizes well that kind of Sagittarian who goes out to climb mountains, race cars, enter the ski-jump team or the Grand National steeplechase, making it right to the top and no doubt breaking a few bones along the way. On the more philosophical side it will mark those who must see their outlook and beliefs carried into practical effect somewhere, so that they go out on missions, set up their own churches and centers engage in good works of famine or refugee relief and so on. Inevitably they get hurt at times, but perhaps find compensation in the value of their works. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, p.94-95.]. "

      Venus
      Eris (exact conjunction of these two planets at 22 Aries 07)

      Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/BatenKaitos.html

      "It gives compulsory transportation, change or emigration, misfortune by force or accident, shipwreck but also rescue, falls and blows. [Robson*, p.145.]

      The Whale really means "monster". The Saturnine properties, such as inhibition, reserve, caution, solitude and simplicity are often forced onto such people, either by a mundane power or a higher power. Sometimes ideas are propagated which make life for the native trying or troublesome. To such persons, fate is usually one of change. People influenced thus, tend to depression or dwell on the thought of death. Life often is full of humiliation, renunciation and obstacles. But the position of the complete chart is always important. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.14.]"

      Pallas
      Chiron (tight conjunction at 4 Pisces 55/5 Pisces 19)

      Deneb (Alpha Cygni)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/DenebAdige.html

      "It is of the nature of Venus and Mercury, and gives an ingenious nature and a clever intellect that is quick at learning. [Robson*, p.159.]

      The star corresponds to a combination of Mercury and Venus influence and is therefore favorable for artistic and scientific pursuits which are carried out with the aim of gain. To prove this, it is interesting to find several well known artists and writers, who could make good money with their art, be it manifold activities in the acting art or achieving record sales of their printed works. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.79.]"

      Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)(Pallas only)

      "Notes: A reddish star in the mouth of the Southern Fish. From Fum al Hut, "the Fish's Mouth." It was one of the four Royal Stars of Persia in 3000 B.C., when as the Watcher of the South it marked the winter solstice. [Robson*, p.165.]

      According to Ptolemy, it is of the nature of Venus and Mercury; and, to Alvidas, of Jupiter in square to Saturn from Pisces and Sagittarius. It is said to be very fortunate and powerful and yet to cause malevolence of sublime scope and character, and change from a material to a spiritual form of expression. Cardan stated that together with the stars rising with 12 Gemini it gives an immortal name. [Robson*, p.165-166.]

      It has a Mercury-Venus character with a blending of Neptune influence. According to tradition, this star is of quite variable effect, either very good or very bad, depending on the overall cosmic structure. It is assumed, however, that the helpful influence is the greater one and if in conjunction with Mercury, it is said to stimulate mental capabilities and promise success as a writer or scientist. On the Ascendant and in good aspect, tradition has it that this star will make for 'fame' and a name 'remembered forever'. In conjunction with Venus, there will be advantages in artistic pursuits. A conjunction with Jupiter or on the MC will bring favor from dignitaries of the church. Tied up with either Sun or Moon, the influence of Fomalhaut is said to be quite marked. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.78.]"

      North Node

      Ahtares (Alpha Scorpii)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Antares.html

      "According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Mars and Jupiter. Alvidas gives Jupiter sextile Venus, but this is unlikely considering the decidedly martial and malefic nature of the star. It causes malevolence, destructiveness, liberality, broad-mindedness, evil presages and danger of fatality and makes its natives rash, ravenous, headstrong and destructive to themselves by their own obstinacy. [Robson*, 136.]

      A Mars nature, in which the powers of Mercury and Jupiter and Saturn are also added. Antares makes people tough, belligerent and pugnacious. This is an important star for military personnel and is said to convey mental alertness, strategic ability and courage and to make dare-devils, especially if tied up with the MC, Ascendant, Sun or Jupiter. If associated with Mars, courage is said to become foolhardiness, leading to increased dangers. Natives with this particular configuration have to be prepared at all times for sudden incidents, unforeseen events and potential accidents. According to tradition, Antares is of violent character and is credited with being significant for a violent death, either in battle or by process of law. On the other hand, danger may come about by fire, weapons or machinery. Antares is also said to be unfortunate for the eyes, if in conjunction with the Ascendant, Moon or Sun and this has proven to be the case by later researchers. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.70-71.]"

      Han (Zeta Ophiuchi)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Han.html

      "Of the nature of Saturn and Venus. It brings trouble and disgrace. [Robson*, p.172.]"

      South Node

      Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri)

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Aldebaran.html

      "It gives honor, intelligence, eloquence, steadfastness, integrity, popularity, courage, ferocity, a tendency to sedition, a responsible position, public honors and gain of power and wealth through others, but its benefits seldom prove lasting and there is also danger of violence and sickness. [Robson*, p.120.]

      Aldebaran has been in the sign Gemini since 1286 AD, just around the height of the Christian Crusades against Islam, an interesting indicator of conflict between two world schools of thought. Antares, for the other side in the conflict, went into religious Sagittarius in 1272 AD and showed its superiority, perhaps, since the Crusaders never did dislodge the Saracens. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, p.36.]

      Catastrophe by weather conditions, floods, shipwrecks. Acknowledged and leading position, but will make enemies through whom danger will threaten. Extraordinary energy. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.30.]"

      Ain (Epsilon Tauri) [one of the Hyades]

      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Ain.html
      http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/PrimaHyadum.html

      "According to Ptolemy [the Hyades] are of the nature of Saturn and Mercury; and, to Alvidas, of Mercury and Mars. Simmonite likens the Hyades to Mars but this is probably a misinterpretation of Ptolemy's meaning. They give tears, sudden events, violence, fierceness, poisoning, blindness, wounds or injuries to the head by instruments, weapons or fevers, and contradictions of fortune. [Robson*, p.189.]

      Striving for prestige leading to power politics leads to tremendous success in life if bridled, if not, failure and a fall from power. May exploit other human beings in quest of power. Staggering increase in sexual urge, a dissolute life, excessive and licentious ways. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.28.]

      Saturn-Mercury star in Ptolemy's coding, which we might well describe as unhappy thoughts and so it shows up when the star is on a difficult spot or planet in a horoscope. But if it be harmonious in aspect, instead, the same star denotes a good clear thinker, writer or speaker. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, p.37-38.]"

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2012
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin
        >
        > February 26, 2012
        > 7:12 pm EST
        > Sanford, FL
        >
        > Alignments of fixed stars at this time:
        >
        > Moon
        >
        > Sheratan (Beta Arietis)
        >
        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Sheratan.html
        >
        > "Of the nature of Mars and Saturn. It causes bodily injuries, unscrupulous defeat, destruction by fire, war or earthquake. [Vivian Robson, "The Fixed Stars And Their Influence," p.208.]
        >
        > Daredevils and bold, danger is indicated when acting impulsively and in a foolhardy way. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.18, under the name El-Scheratain.]"

        Mercury

        Lacerta Cauda (1 Lacertae)

        Latin for "the lizard's tail." I named this star for its location in Lacerta. Some species of lizards have tails that are detachable and break off in a would-be predator or captor's hand, allowing the lizard to escape.

        At first, because of Florida's "stand your ground" self-defense law, George Zimmermann, despite his homicidal recklessness, wasn't charged with anything in Trayvon Martin's murder.

        Corripio (Zeta Reticuli)

        Corripio: Latin for "snatching up." I named this star because of its connection to alien abductions (the Barney and Betty Hill case; the ETs who abducted them are believed by some to hail from the Zeta Reticuli star system, based on a star map Betty Hill saw in the vessel).

        Trayvon Martin was "snatched up," in a manner of speaking. He's dead.

        > Mars
        >
        > Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > "Supposedly, Mizar portends a Mars nature. The reputation of Mizar, if it is in maximal position in a mundane map, is that of being connected with fires of a catastrophic extent and mass calamities. In personal charts Mizar is not helpful if conjunct with 'bad' planets. It is not wrong to assume that, besides these handicaps, artistic emanations can also be attributed to Mizar. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.55.]
        >
        > Presages the death of a loved one. [Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.5.]"

        Jupiter

        Keun Nan Mun Primus (Phi Andromedae)

        Chinese/Latin: "the first south gate of the camp."

        I named this one.

        Having to do with protecting boundaries or patrolling for potential threats (underscoring the importance of following the law or legal authority or not giving in to racial stereotypes in this case, since the alignment is with Jupiter).

        > Uranus
        >
        > Difda (Beta Ceti)
        >
        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/DenebKaitos.html
        >
        > "According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn; and, to Alvidas, of Mars, Saturn and Mercury. It causes self-destruction by brute force, sickness, disgrace, misfortune and compulsory change. [Robson*, p.162.]
        >
        > Inhibitions and restraints in every way, psychologically and physically. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.12.]"
        >

        > Pluto
        >
        > Facies (M-22 Sagittarii)
        >
        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Facies.html
        >
        > "The nebula in the Archer's Face is of the nature of the Sun and Mars, and causes blindness, defective sight (all nebula can cause blindness), sickness, accidents and a violent death. [Robson*, p.165.]
        >
        > Much blamed for accidents and broken limbs and so on. The Latin name is from the verb Facere, to make or do something, and it is often said to portend accidents due to the victim's own careless actions. Naturally, there is a positive side to Facies, it symbolizes well that kind of Sagittarian who goes out to climb mountains, race cars, enter the ski-jump team or the Grand National steeplechase, making it right to the top and no doubt breaking a few bones along the way. On the more philosophical side it will mark those who must see their outlook and beliefs carried into practical effect somewhere, so that they go out on missions, set up their own churches and centers engage in good works of famine or refugee relief and so on. Inevitably they get hurt at times, but perhaps find compensation in the value of their works. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, p.94-95.]. "

        Umlindi Welinsizunu (Gamma Mensae)

        Xhosa for "watcher of the south." I named this one, too. I don't know if Table Mountain in Cape Town (which Mensa represents) was ever used as a vantage point to watch the ocean, but it seems logical that it would. It is a prominent landmark.

        Maybe this is connected to neighborhood watch associations such as the one George Zimmermann worked for.

        > Venus
        > Eris (exact conjunction of these two planets at 22 Aries 07)
        >
        > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
        >
        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/BatenKaitos.html
        >
        > "It gives compulsory transportation, change or emigration, misfortune by force or accident, shipwreck but also rescue, falls and blows. [Robson*, p.145.]
        >
        > The Whale really means "monster". The Saturnine properties, such as inhibition, reserve, caution, solitude and simplicity are often forced onto such people, either by a mundane power or a higher power. Sometimes ideas are propagated which make life for the native trying or troublesome. To such persons, fate is usually one of change. People influenced thus, tend to depression or dwell on the thought of death. Life often is full of humiliation, renunciation and obstacles. But the position of the complete chart is always important. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.14.]"

        Kui (Zeta Andromedae)

        I named this from the Chinese for "wild boar."

        Wild pigs are destructive and difficult to control (like would-be vigilantes empowered by "stand your ground" laws).

        > Pallas
        > Chiron (tight conjunction at 4 Pisces 55/5 Pisces 19)
        >
        > Deneb (Alpha Cygni)
        >
        > http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/DenebAdige.html
        >
        > "It is of the nature of Venus and Mercury, and gives an ingenious nature and a clever intellect that is quick at learning. [Robson*, p.159.]
        >
        > The star corresponds to a combination of Mercury and Venus influence and is therefore favorable for artistic and scientific pursuits which are carried out with the aim of gain. To prove this, it is interesting to find several well known artists and writers, who could make good money with their art, be it manifold activities in the acting art or achieving record sales of their printed works. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.79.]"
        >

        > Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)(Pallas only)
        >
        > "Notes: A reddish star in the mouth of the Southern Fish. From Fum al Hut, "the Fish's Mouth." It was one of the four Royal Stars of Persia in 3000 B.C., when as the Watcher of the South it marked the winter solstice. [Robson*, p.165.]
        >
        > According to Ptolemy, it is of the nature of Venus and Mercury; and, to Alvidas, of Jupiter in square to Saturn from Pisces and Sagittarius. It is said to be very fortunate and powerful and yet to cause malevolence of sublime scope and character, and change from a material to a spiritual form of expression. Cardan stated that together with the stars rising with 12 Gemini it gives an immortal name. [Robson*, p.165-166.]
        >
        > It has a Mercury-Venus character with a blending of Neptune influence. According to tradition, this star is of quite variable effect, either very good or very bad, depending on the overall cosmic structure. It is assumed, however, that the helpful influence is the greater one and if in conjunction with Mercury, it is said to stimulate mental capabilities and promise success as a writer or scientist. On the Ascendant and in good aspect, tradition has it that this star will make for 'fame' and a name 'remembered forever'. In conjunction with Venus, there will be advantages in artistic pursuits. A conjunction with Jupiter or on the MC will bring favor from dignitaries of the church. Tied up with either Sun or Moon, the influence of Fomalhaut is said to be quite marked. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.78.]"

        Juno

        Cor Chamaeleontis (Delta-1 and -2 Chamaeleontis)

        I named this star (the midpoint between Delta-1 and Delta-2, actually; they're very close together) for its location in the constellation (Latin for "heart of the chameleon").

        Emphasis on blending in, accommodation, assimilation, or bigotry (?)

        Some people seem to think that it's Trayvon Martin's fault he got shot because he was a young black male wearing a hoodie. Another case at the same time in El Cajon, California involved an Iraqi immigrant woman who was Muslim and wore a hijab who beaten to death in her home in an apparent hate crime inspired by Islamophobia. Some demonstrations linked the two cases (people wearing hoodies and/or headscarves).

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2 4:16 AM
          Mark sent

          1a. Trayvon Martin shooting--more stars

          Posted by: "mahtezcatpoc" mahtezcatpoc@... mahtezcatpoc