Re: Alex Miller's black hole names

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6 10:49 AM
      Thanks. I do my best.

      Charlotte Wagner's been tracking down Miller's black holes, trying to match these names with the objects' official designations (thanks, Charlotte). She's got some of them identified.

      Mark A. Holmes

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K Rosenberg" <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

      > Mark sent
      >
      > Alex Miller's black hole names
      >
      > Posted by: "mahtezcatpoc" mahtezcatpoc@... mahtezcatpoc
      >
      > Date: Sun Apr 1, 2012 8:33 am ((PDT))
      >
      > Does anybody have any use for them? Some do. I don't.
      >
      > I do my own fixed star naming, but I try to make it have something to do
      > with existing star lore about the constellation it's in and the location
      > within the constellation, or at least some outstanding physical
      > characteristic of the object, and I give the official designation along with
      > it so people will know. Miller doesn't even tell us the official
      > astronomical designation of the objects being named so I have to dig for
      > them and I'm too busy to mess with it.
      >
      > Mark A. Holmes
      >
      > ================
      > I appreciate the fact that you take great care when you offer your own names
      > for stars - I objected at first, but then I decided that there was no reason
      > why you shouldn't, since you were doing it in a proper and intelligent way.
      >
      > Love, Diana
      >
      > Website: http://ye-stars.com <http://ye-stars.com/>

    • Charlotte
      Message 2 of 6 , May 19, 2012
        Mark, when I hit "Files" on the left of the screen, I can only see older files, not the one I sent you or any recent ones. Is anyone else having problems, or have I set something up wrongly?

        I need to look at the document I sent you and can't find it on my PC. I don't think I acknowledged the sources of my information.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 19, 2012
          It's uploaded now.

          Mark A. Holmes

          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Charlotte" <charlow555@...> wrote:

          > Mark, when I hit "Files" on the left of the screen, I can only see older files, not the one I sent you or any recent ones. Is anyone else having problems, or have I set something up wrongly?
          >
          > I need to look at the document I sent you and can't find it on my PC. I don't think I acknowledged the sources of my information.
          >

          > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks. I do my best.
          > >
          > > Charlotte Wagner's been tracking down Miller's black holes, trying to match these names with the objects' official designations (thanks, Charlotte). She's got some of them identified.
          > >
          > > Mark A. Holmes

        • Charlotte Wagner
          Message 4 of 6 , May 20, 2012

            Thank you, Mark!

            Charlotte Wagner

             tel: +27 11 259 4000 cell:  +27 82 415 2086 email: cwagner@...  web: www.iqgroup.net

            Founded in 1998, IQ has developed its reputation for helping our clients overcome their challenges.  Although

            proudly South African, our perspective is international through the experience of our people, our clients and

            our business partners.  IQ Business is privately owned and fully empowered with a level 4 BEE certification.

            IQ – intelligence. applied.

            This e-mail is subject to IQ Business’s
            disclaimer.