Meteor showers

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2005

      Mark wrote:

      >I remember reading something in Dell Horoscope
      >magazine long ago about meteor shower radiants being a
      >point of emphasis in the chart. Other than that, I
      >don't know anything about the astrology of meteors.
      >Can you tell us something about that?

      That's interesting - never heard of that!

      I don't really know anything about it - I'd have to get a
      list of the positions (RA & Dec) of the radiants, and then
      see what comes up, which would take a lot of time; but
      that would be a good research project for someone - I just
      don't have the time!

      I might not be posting much for the next couple of weeks -
      I'm going to the ISAR Conference and am rushing to get
      ready.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2005
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg"
        <ye-stars@i...> wrote:
        > > Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
        >
        > Mark wrote:
        >
        > >I remember reading something in Dell Horoscope
        > >magazine long ago about meteor shower radiants being a
        > >point of emphasis in the chart. Other than that, I
        > >don't know anything about the astrology of meteors.
        > >Can you tell us something about that?
        >
        > That's interesting - never heard of that!
        >
        > I don't really know anything about it - I'd have to get a
        > list of the positions (RA & Dec) of the radiants, and then
        > see what comes up, which would take a lot of time; but
        > that would be a good research project for someone - I just
        > don't have the time!

        I think this article focused on radiants that were on or close to the
        ecliptic, but if fixed stars that are nowhere near the ecliptic have
        an influence, then these radiants are probably the same way.

        I could look, if I had the positions.