Re: NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day (January 6, 2012)

    Message 1 of 139 , Jan 8, 2012
      http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120106.html

      "From Sagittarius to Scorpius, the central Milky Way is a truly beautiful part of planet Earth's night sky. The gorgeous region is captured in this wide field image spanning about 30 degrees. The impressive cosmic vista, taken in 2010, shows off intricate dust lanes, bright nebulae, and star clusters scattered through our galaxy's rich central starfields. Starting on the left, look for the Lagoon and Trifid nebulae, the Cat's Paw, while on the right lies the Pipe dark nebula, and the colorful clouds of Rho Ophiuchi and Antares (right). The actual center of our Galaxy lies about 26,000 light years away and can be found here."

      Message 139 of 139 , Dec 14, 2012
        http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap121206.html

        The bright globular cluster 47 Tucanae (aka NGC 104).