Sirius on Asc

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2 7:16 PM
      Hi,

      I haven't paid much attention to the fixed stars because they don't
      seem to do much for me.

      I have Sirius conj. my Cancer asc. (13*24 Cancer in 1955)
      DOB Dec 04, 1955, Quebec City Canada 6:05 pm

      Supposidly an important star, but no wonderful stuff and I haven't
      even been attacked or bitten by dogs (yet)
      I'll be 50 this year, when would the stuff manifest?

      I've had an interesting life, I guess, married twice, first husband
      died when I was 25, left with 2 kids, miserable second marriage,
      left him and now with decent fellow (except for benign alcoholism)
      for over 20 years (not married) and 2 more kids. I work full time in
      a non-traditional job (blue-collar) but that's about it.

      I do have a weird thing about the number 47, which I will probably
      explain in due time, and belong to a Society of people who also like
      47 (there are a bunch of us worldwide) but other than that I'm
      pretty ordinary. There ARE connections to astrology and 47, BTW.
      Besides the fact that there was an eclipse on my 47th birthday, and
      will be another one in 2021, which is a multiple of 47 (43x47)
      Judy
      1347
    • wyf.of.bathe
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3 5:10 AM
        [I haven't paid much attention to the fixed stars because they don't
        seem to do much for me.]

        hi judy,

        i'm not so sure stars "do",  but rather clarify through relationship ("as above, so below").  my understanding and experience anyway :)  that said, the relationship experience in this life involves reading mythologies, studying star-studded minds, and communing when possible with the nightsky.  i don't know what the *47* means, but evidently you are tuned into correspondences?  if that's the case, perhaps a night with sirius light.....i don't mean to presume but simply offer that the experience of star (or constellation as the case may be) has brought the cosmos into my being.

        an earthbound astronaut, fritzy

        http://hertale.blogspot.com/

        Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3 8:32 AM
          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Judy" <judomom47@y...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I haven't paid much attention to the fixed stars because they don't
          > seem to do much for me.
          >
          > I have Sirius conj. my Cancer asc. (13*24 Cancer in 1955)
          > DOB Dec 04, 1955, Quebec City Canada 6:05 pm

          "It gives honor, renown, wealth, ardor, devotion, passion and
          resentment, and makes its natives custodians, curators and
          guardians."--Vivian Robson, *The Fixed Stars and Constellations In
          Astrology* (p.208).

          Mark A. Holmes
        • betelgeuse
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3 11:39 AM
            hi Judy, you say

            >>I have Sirius conj. my Cancer asc. (13*24 Cancer in 1955)DOB Dec 04, 1955, Quebec City Canada 6:05 pm

            Supposidly an important star, but no wonderful stuff and I haven't even been attacked or bitten by dogs (yet)
            I'll be 50 this year, when would the stuff manifest?

            Quebec is North Latitude, Sirius South Latitude. That debilitates a lot the star influence. Supposedly only the stars in your hemisphere would be potent.  Then we have the matter of preciseness, has your chart being rectified?   May be your true ascendant moves when rectified and is 1 deg or more, apart from the Star.

            Sirius is the brightest star, it is said to be "the sun of our sun", and I consider it brings an influence from another world, of a higher level to ours, not very akin to common life.

            As to manifestation, it would be favored when a slow planet is transiting the point, or when a lunation or eclipse contacts your ascendant, either by the sun/moon body, or the MC or ASC of the lunation or eclipse.

            kindly,

            alhena casanova

            Correo Yahoo!

          • Judy
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 3 2:10 PM
              Hi, thanks Mark

              Yes, I've read much the same info (from this
              site:http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/)

              You left out the part about death by dog bite! Still could happen I
              suppose. I DID get rabies shots about 5 years ago after being bitten
              by a bat, Hahaha. I have 2 dogs, a Beagle and a hound, not much
              chance of them bitting me to death unless they get VERY VERY hungry.

              Sirius and my ascendant are 47 degrees from my Jupiter (at 1* Virgo)
              so I feel good about that. Not much in the way of fame or wealth
              going on here, but I like the part about being a custodian, curator
              or guardian since my job involves the supervision of operations and
              maintenance of most building systems(Heating, Ventilation, Air-
              conditioning as well as plumbing, electrical, water, etc) in large
              government buildings.
              Judy

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 3 6:38 PM
                --- betelgeuse <betelggeuse@...> wrote:
                > hi Judy, you say
                >
                > >>I have Sirius conj. my Cancer asc. (13*24 Cancer
                > in 1955)DOB Dec 04, 1955, Quebec City Canada 6:05 pm
                >
                > Supposidly an important star, but no wonderful stuff
                > and I haven't even been attacked or bitten by dogs
                > (yet)
                > I'll be 50 this year, when would the stuff manifest?
                > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

                > Quebec is North Latitude, Sirius South Latitude.
                > That debilitates a lot the star influence.
                > Supposedly only the stars in your hemisphere would
                > be potent.

                Sirius wouldn't have curtailed passage, though,
                because it's not way far north or way far south. I'm
                not sure about this, but if a star never rises at some
                latitudes, it has what Bernadette Brady calls
                "curtailed passage" at those latitudes and it wouldn't
                have a lot of influence.

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 3 6:56 PM
                  --- Judy <judomom47@...> wrote:

                  > Hi, thanks Mark
                  >
                  > Yes, I've read much the same info (from this
                  > site:http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/)
                  >
                  > You left out the part about death by dog bite!

                  Because you already mentioned it and said you hadn't!
                  LOL

                  Still
                  > could happen I
                  > suppose. I DID get rabies shots about 5 years ago
                  > after being bitten
                  > by a bat, Hahaha.

                  Good for you. There is a teenage girl in Wisconsin who
                  was recently bitten by a rabid bat, developed rabies
                  and lived to tell the tale because of a radical new
                  treatment some doctors in (I think) Milwaukee tried.
                  But she's the first such person in human history.

                  I have 2 dogs, a Beagle and a
                  > hound, not much
                  > chance of them bitting me to death unless they get
                  > VERY VERY hungry.

                  I've received minor bites a few times. I don't have
                  any Sirius conjunctions, but I do have Menkar (Alpha
                  Ceti) on the Ascendant:

                  "According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn;
                  to Simmonite, of Mars; and, to Alvidas, of Venus and
                  the Moon. It causes disease, disgrace, ruin, injury
                  from beasts, sickness, and loss of fortune."

                  I've always had this instinctive mistrust of some
                  animals, especially disease-bearing ones like mice and
                  rats, wild animals (which can also carry disease), and
                  large animals like the cattle and horses in the
                  pasture just beyond my back yard fence.

                  > Sirius and my ascendant are 47 degrees from my
                  > Jupiter (at 1* Virgo)
                  > so I feel good about that. Not much in the way of
                  > fame or wealth
                  > going on here, but I like the part about being a
                  > custodian, curator
                  > or guardian since my job involves the supervision of
                  > operations and
                  > maintenance of most building systems(Heating,
                  > Ventilation, Air-
                  > conditioning as well as plumbing, electrical, water,
                  > etc) in large
                  > government buildings.
                  > Judy

                  Uh-huh.

                  > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
                  > > > I have Sirius conj. my Cancer asc. (13*24 Cancer
                  > in 1955)
                  > > > DOB Dec 04, 1955, Quebec City Canada 6:05 pm
                  > >

                  > > "It gives honor, renown, wealth, ardor, devotion,
                  > passion and
                  > > resentment, and makes its natives custodians,
                  > curators and
                  > > guardians."--Vivian Robson, *The Fixed Stars and
                  > Constellations In
                  > > Astrology* (p.208).

                • Diana K. Rosenberg
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 3 10:59 PM

                    Judy wrote:

                    >I haven't paid much attention to the fixed stars because they don't
                    >seem to do much for me.

                    >I have Sirius conj. my Cancer asc. (13*24 Cancer in 1955)
                    >DOB Dec 04, 1955, Quebec City Canada 6:05 pm
                    >Supposidly an important star, but no wonderful stuff and I haven't
                    >even been attacked or bitten by dogs (yet)
                    >I'll be 50 this year, when would the stuff manifest?

                    >I've had an interesting life, I guess, married twice, first husband
                    >died when I was 25, left with 2 kids, miserable second marriage,
                    >left him and now with decent fellow (except for benign alcoholism)
                    >for over 20 years (not married) and 2 more kids. I work full time in
                    >a non-traditional job (blue-collar) but that's about it.

                    Judy, the actual rising point of your chart is at the star
                    Omega Geminorum, where the Twins' hips join; the Twins are
                    involved in sibling issues, as well as concepts of the
                    brother-sisterhood of humankind. And this entire sky-area,
                    with the Dogs and the Twins, is very much involved in issues
                    of fidelity, both personal and spiritual. although Sirius is
                    almost 40 degrees south of the ecliptic, I think it probably
                    has some application in your life.

                    Sirius is the "calendar star" and thus is often found in
                    astrologers' charts, because we are time-keepers.

                    This is from my book:

                    Sirius is the calendar star--throughout history all major
                    calendar changes have been tied to the Dog Star: the Sothic
                    Calendar of ancient Egypt, ca 2773 BC, was based on the
                    heliacal rising of Sirius, which marked the annual flooding
                    of the Nile. The 1st Olympiad, basis of the ancient Greeks'
                    calendar, was held in 776 BC after a Mercury-Venus cnj at
                    the Dog Star; it culminated at the February, 747 BCE Solar
                    Ecl when the Babylonian Era of Nabonassar began. The Young
                    Avesta Calendar of Persia was instituted in 502 BC, a year a
                    Solar Eclipse aligned with Sirius; in 441 BC the Young
                    Avesta Calendar was corrected; Sirius was on the MC of a
                    Solar Eclipse that year, and Saturn stationed in the
                    longitude of the Dog Star. In 503 BCE Babylonian astronomers
                    adopted the 19-year cycle (later called Metonic) followed by
                    a 502 BC Solar Ecl with the SNode at Sirius, and in 432 BC,
                    1st Hecatombaeon (Metonic Cycle) Calendar, Athens: Admetos
                    (cycles) was at Sirius. In 311 BC the Seleucid Era Calendar
                    of Babylon was created; there was a Lunar Eclipse aligned
                    with Sirius, and it was the MC at the Vernal Equinox. In 46
                    BC, the year the Julian Calendar was established in Rome, a
                    Solar Eclipse aligned with Sirius. In 524 CE Uranus
                    Stationed at the star, in 525, Scythian monk Dionysius
                    Exiguus invented the AD system (now called CE) starting from
                    what he thought (mistakenly) was the date of Christ's birth.
                    Julian Day Numbers, created in the 16th century to
                    facilitate calendar calculations, start at January 1, 4713
                    BCE: on that day, Saturn was aligned with Sirius! Because
                    the Julian Calendar had slipped severely from its original
                    seasonal markers, Pope Gregory XIII sponsored a calendar
                    correction: in 1582 CE the new Gregorian Calendar was
                    adopted by Catholic nations; a Solar Eclipse aligned with
                    Sirius that year, and the Sun was eclipsed as it was rising
                    at Rome. In 1677, with Pluto aligned with Sirius, Turkey
                    adopted the Julian Calender. When a 1750 Solar Eclipse
                    occurred in the longitude of the Dog Star, Lord Stanhope
                    pressed for a calendar change; as a result, in September
                    1752 England and her colonies changed to the Gregorian
                    Calendar; at noon on that day a Moon-Jupiter conjunction
                    aligned with Sirius. In January 1912 a Full Moon aligned
                    with the star: in February China adopted the Gregorian
                    Calendar. In 1917, with the Sun at a Lunar Eclipse at
                    Sirius, Russia, Turkey, Bulgaria and the Balkans changed to
                    the Gregorian Calendar. On January 1, 1925, when astronomers
                    adopted 0 hour as the international fiducial; Pluto was in
                    the longitude of Alpha Canis Majoris.

                    >I do have a weird thing about the number 47, which I will probably
                    >explain in due time, and belong to a Society of people who also like
                    >47 (there are a bunch of us worldwide) but other than that I'm
                    >pretty ordinary. There ARE connections to astrology and 47, BTW.
                    >Besides the fact that there was an eclipse on my 47th birthday, and
                    >will be another one in 2021, which is a multiple of 47 (43x47)

                    Interesting!

                    Love, Diana
                  • celestejamerson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 4 3:43 PM
                      Dear Diana,

                      I love reading your information on the stars on this list. You
                      mention a book that you wrote. I went to Amazon, but couldn't find
                      it. Would you mind giving the information on where to purchase your book?

                      Best regards,

                      Celeste

                      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg"

                    • Diana K. Rosenberg
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 5 2:50 PM

                        Celeste wrote:

                        >Dear Diana,

                        >I love reading your information on the stars on this list. You
                        >mention a book that you wrote. I went to Amazon, but couldn't find
                        >it. Would you mind giving the information on where to purchase your book?

                        >Best regards, Celeste

                        The book is written, but I have not been able to find a
                        publisher (it's very "fat" and publishers worry about cost
                        vs earnings). I'm looking into self-publishing
                        possibilities.

                        I do have Workbooks that I sell (one is Fixed Stars, the
                        other Lunar Mansions).

                        Since Yahoogroups doesn't accept attachments, I'll try a
                        cut-and-paste.

                        NEW FIXED STAR WORKBOOK

                        Diana K Rosenberg

                        * 67 pp, 178 stars (with new interpretations) from 49 constellations, covering 103°
                        ~more stars than any other book (Rigor has 124, Robson 110, Ebertin 73; Brady lists
                        176 stars, has interpretations for 64). Mundane interpretations are included

                        * With each star is its Constellation, Longitude, Latitude, Declination, Right Ascension,
                        Magnitude and Spectral Class

                        * A list of 104 Black Holes, with the Constellation, Longitude, Latitude and
                        Declination of each

                        * 9 pages of new Sky Maps with Constellations, Stars, with Right Ascension and
                        Declination lines, so that stars can be located on star maps (and in the sky!)

                        * Constellation spans (all constellations, including obsolete, no-longer-used figures)

                        NAKSHATRAS, MANZILS, HSIU

                        HINDU, ARABIC & CHINESE

                        LUNAR MANSIONS

                        RESEARCH WORKBOOK

                        Diana K Rosenberg

                        * Original determinant stars and their positions and interpretations, set in columns side by side
                        so that the interpretations may be compared.

                        * Descriptions from the most ancient and/or reliable sources, among them Al Biruni,
                        Varahamihira, Minaraja, Staal, Lockyer, Walters, Robson, Volguine, Roebuck

                        * Star maps with the original determinant stars of each mansion outlined and color-coded.

                        * List of 205 stars with their tropical Longitudes, Latitudes, Declinations, Right Ascensions,
                        Magnitudes and Spectral Classes

                        * List of suggested new extents and borders for Hindu mansions based on their original
                        determinant stars (with the conventional spans included as well, for comparison), the
                        determinant stars and their positions, and instructions for calculating precession correction
                        and sidereal (Lahiri) positions

                        * Valerie Roebuck's research on the original Vedic mansion rulers

                        * Greek letter guide

                        * Bibliography

                        Diana K Rosenberg
                        100 La Salle St 6A
                        New York, NY 10027

                        212 663 2243

                        e-mail: ye-stars@...

                        Website: http://pw1.netcom.com/~ye-stars/index.htm

                        The Workbooks are $35 each, plus postage. They are not bound
                        but in folders.

                        You can read some of my articles on the website, and obtain information
                        about the Fixed Stars and Constellations Encyclopedia/Correspondence Course

                        (The website is being worked on by my son, so some links are
                        not working yet - if you need any more info, just e-mail me)

                        Love, Diana
                      • Martina
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 5 9:22 PM
                          Hey Diana,...
                          thought about maybe an e-book??
                          I know I try and keep most of my info on the computer
                          (only my files are mostly asteroids) but I have so many books,..
                          groan, trying to find the right one in the piles somewhere is such a
                          pain,...
                          How about it? Circumvent the publishers and make all the money for yourself.
                          I think there's some way to make it password protected pdf or something,....
                          Just a thought,.. we've been renovating and I can't find a darn thing in
                          this place,...
                          my books are in piles everywhere without enough bookshelves,.... we just
                          finally finished the kitchen,.. and you know,.. I can't seem to find my
                          favourite bowls,.... arrgh,... the only thing that is even close to
                          organized (sorta) is my computer,....Around the computer is a different
                          story though,.. sob,... hundreds of pieces of paper, interesting charts
                          which I've forgotten to put names to, disks, books, binders,... a real
                          embarrassment.

                          I've always been blown away by your analysis of events on Steve Lee's
                          list,.... but up till now have been concentrating on asteroids and TNPs and
                          getting my own flow going,.. though the stars have been an interest,.. and
                          its definitely because I see you can make them work!!
                          For that matter I think Mark should do the same with all the work he's
                          put into asteroids as well.
                          I've got my own thing going,.. trying to see how many things I can jam into
                          a chart before my head explodes. I think its actually happened a few times
                          already,.. but I guess its a rush or something,.... hehe,...
                          at any rate, I'm enjoying this list,.... :-) , even though I'm at stage zero
                          of the learning process.

                          Martina