RE: [thefixedstars] Occultations

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
      I think Bernadette has posted ephemerides of
      occultations of Antares and other bright stars near
      the ecliptic by planets (including the Moon). You
      might want to perform a search of the archives to find
      them.

      Mark A. Holmes

      http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/occultations/

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
        I thought this article on fixed stars by Rob Tillett
        might be interesting. It contains a lot of star
        delineations; mixed in among the famous stars like
        Aldebaran, Antares and Sirius are delineations for a
        bunch of not-terribly-famous stars, some of which I've
        mentioned in earlier posts, like Sham, Talitha, and
        Tarazed.

        http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

        (In case any of you are thinking that's a typo, the
        URL is correct, as you'll find when you try it.)

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 8, 2005
          <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
          > I thought this article on fixed stars by Rob Tillett
          > might be interesting. It contains a lot of star
          > delineations; mixed in among the famous stars like
          > Aldebaran, Antares and Sirius are delineations for a
          > bunch of not-terribly-famous stars, some of which I've
          > mentioned in earlier posts, like Sham, Talitha, and
          > Tarazed.
          >
          > http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

          "Talitha: 'Quiet, prudent, suspicious, mistrustful, self-controlled,
          great anger when aroused."

          George W. Bush's job-approval ratings remain in the doldrums; some
          suspicion of his Supreme Court nominee John Roberts remains; Kofi
          Annan expresses a willingness to work with new US Ambassador to the UN
          John Bolton, appointed over the strong objections of Democrats and
          some Republicans, but cautions that he is only one of 190 UN
          Ambassadors and will have to win a majority over to get anything done.
          Iran has resumed its nuclear program.